Past Brad Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 14. Brad Fisher

Not sure he'll make it back to being a regular in our senior side but I'm confident he'll be able to reach the 100 game milestone that he deserves.

Given the success of Malceski and Rodan who bot had the same surgery, I'll be amazed if Fish wasn't given a 1 year contract for the 2011 season. I'm not sure that he was going to be a permanent fixture in the post-Fev planned forward line but he had an outstanding preseason and was really putting his hand up to be one of those players to help fill the void - and I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't give him another crack at it.

Not sure he'll make it back to being a regular in our senior side but I'm confident he'll be able to reach the 100 game milestone that he deserves.

Given the success of Malceski and Rodan who bot had the same surgery, I'll be amazed if Fish wasn't given a 1 year contract for the 2011 season. I'm not sure that he was going to be a permanent fixture in the post-Fev planned forward line but he had an outstanding preseason and was really putting his hand up to be one of those players to help fill the void - and I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't give him another crack at it.

I won't be. Slow, poor kick and injury prone. Has kicked over 25 goals in a season just the once and has never kicked more than 4 goals in a game. Outstanding pre-seasons mean SFA.

You think he get a recall this week in Freo as we need as much forwards to kick goals,Betts has really dried up of late.100 games should get the boys over the line against Freo as most of the players reckon he is a top guy.

You think he get a recall this week in Freo as we need as much forwards to kick goals,Betts has really dried up of late.100 games should get the boys over the line against Freo as most of the players reckon he is a top guy.
No.

Fisher is a marking forward.

Betts is a crumber.

We don't pick players because they're a good guy.

We didn't get up for Murphy's 100th.

Give it a rest starchunder.

No.

Fisher is a marking forward.

Betts is a crumber.

We don't pick players because they're a good guy.

We didn't get up for Murphy's 100th.

Give it a rest starchunder.
Their was no way in hell we would beat Geelong last night.We were missing Kreuzer and Houilhan who are rather important when we play teams like that.Freo are a different club no where near Geelong.Marking forwards are what you need against the dockers.I'm not saying to drop Betts but Waite in the wing will benefit us down the ground in Subiaco.

Their was no way in hell we would beat Geelong last night.We were missing Kreuzer and Houilhan who are rather important when we play teams like that.Freo are a different club no where near Geelong.Marking forwards are what you need against the dockers.I'm not saying to drop Betts but Waite in the wing will benefit us down the ground in Subiaco.

You do realise that Subiaco is the biggest ground in the AFL and Fisher is the slowest player in the AFL, Crudgargler?

Ur football knowledge is up there with Miss Piggy's.

Eff you and double-eff me for replying to your inane rubbish!

Thanks for your years of service, Fish.

Always liked Fish as a player but injuries did their best to rob him of a chance to cement his spot in the team over a number of seasons.

Was an absolute certainty to reach the 100 game mark until he did his knee in the preseason, and must be gutted to be stranded on 99. I don't blame the club for not gifting a player a game, when we were at the back end of the season and had to ensure that we played finals.

He's played 99 more games of AFL football than most of us could only dream of. Well done Fish :thumbsu:

I must admit I haven't followed his career closely, but whenever I watched him play he seemed to be a really competent forward. Great set of hands. Why was he so out of favour?

I feel sorry for him, stranded on 99 games, hopefully he gets another run at another team, maybe the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been nice to get the name on the locker. I reckon he was a victim of his teammates poor second half of the year. A lack of desire and toughness meant we walked a tightrope into the finals, and because of this we lacked the breathing space to give Fish another game. If we played with the heart we had vs Tigers, Bombers, Dockers and Swans, we would have won more games and the pressure would be lesser on our fringe players.

Best of luck Fish .... the one time hypothetical barometer of the side. ;)

Would have been nice to get the name on the locker. I reckon he was a victim of his teammates poor second half of the year. A lack of desire and toughness meant we walked a tightrope into the finals, and because of this we lacked the breathing space to give Fish another game. If we played with the heart we had vs Tigers, Bombers, Dockers and Swans, we would have won more games and the pressure would be lesser on our fringe players.

Best of luck Fish .... the one time hypothetical barometer of the side. ;)

haha, this :thumbsu:

But I want you to remember you played 99 games of AFL football and I know thousands of kids who’d give everything just to play 1. I was one of those kids, a long, long time ago. What I wouldn’t give to sit here now and say to my son and daughter, or to my friends ‘yes I played, I played 99 games of AFL for Carlton.’ As Frank sort of sang in that classic, ‘they can’t take that away from you.’

Pretty much exactly what I've been saying.

Don't get too caught up in the fact that you missed out on the 100 game milestone by 1 game.

Be thankful that you were able to play 98 more games than all of us supporters could ever wish for.

14. Brad Fisher

Brad Fisher angles for a chance in 100
"Falling one game short of getting the name on the locker might haunt me for a while, but I've got to move on from that and I'm grateful for everything they did for me," Fisher said yesterday.

"Obviously it would have meant everything to have the name on the locker, but it wasn't to be so that's life. There's not a heap I can do about it.""I'm a realist now and sentiment is gone in footy," Fisher said.

"Carlton was pushing towards finals and they wanted to play who they considered to be in their best 22 and obviously I didn't fall into that. That was disappointing for me, but the club is obviously a lot bigger than the individual.

"I thought I was playing well enough (in the VFL) and even the coaching staff thought I was playing well enough, but they were pretty determined to stick with the formula they had with the small forwards and I can appreciate that.

"I'd been there since I was 18, loved every minute of it and I've got nothing but great memories."
Brad Fisher angles for a chance in 100

Good luck Fish. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back