Traded Brad Hill [traded to Fremantle for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I have it on certainty that Brad Hill will be seeking a move back home at the end of this year.

Will be playing for a WA team 2017 and on.

This is from very direct lines to him.

Whats his worth and what would fremantle and eagles be willing to give up. Would work the big grounds very well in WA for 2017.

Id say hes worth around a pick 15-20?

I think eagles would be more likely unless fremantle trade a player. Maybe a Z.Clarke or Sheridan could come into calculations for then not sure on contract status for them.

Was picked low 30's i think hes been ahown to be a far better player than he is due to Hawthorn. Low 20's for me his speed and endurance would be important.

Fremantle already have the Bennell, Hill, Sheridan and Pearce types whilst eaglea did recruit Jetta i think hed be mlre required at the eagles still

i would have love hill but to be honest after getting jetta we cant afford another outside player that can go missing. Plus we have gaff, masten and jetta and lecras that are soft. Eagles in dire need of good inside mids at the moment and they will be targeting them. Freo might trade their next years pick for B.Hill i rekon.

Although not being general knowledge it was kind of expected for a few years now he would eventually leave. Nothing left to prove in Melbourne and has a close family in Perth.

Hard to judge his worth really. Late first rounder you would think would be appropriate. Would be interesting if Freo go for him and Hawks try and get a Neale trade going. That would be a very interesting trade.

I have it on certainty that Brad Hill will be seeking a move back home at the end of this year.

Whats his worth and what would fremantle and eagles be willing to give up. Would work the big grounds very well in WA for 2017.

I think eagles would be more likely unless fremantle trade a player. Maybe a Z.Clarke or Sheridan could come into calculations for then not sure on contract status for them.

We have a crap season, please don't tease us.

A lot of 'ifs' at this stage; but it's doable. If it's Clarke involved he's a free agent, so Freo will prob get third round compo. Last year that was Pick 39. I guess they could hand over Pick 39 and 40 (approx 875 points) to an academy club, which would get them around pick 21. That could do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mum?

"There she is!"

If they get Brad Hill I just hope they trade for Josh Hill as well. 3 Hills and 3 Pearces would be awesome. Should work on collecting Browns or Smiths after that, a bit more common.

We've got a Yarran as well, could trade for the other one I guess. No Browns or Smiths currently.

If Anderson was worth a first round pick, how could anyone think Hill would be traded for a second rounder.

Hawthorn would not be interested in a tiring, average midfielder.

He's only 28, not as familiar with your list as you would be but there seems to be a age gap between Mitchell/Hodge/Burgoyne and the next crop of mids like Hartung and co. Depending on what happens at the end of the year re retirements he could fill a gap for a year or 2.

He's only 28, not as familiar with your list as you would be but there seems to be a age gap between Mitchell/Hodge/Burgoyne and the next crop of mids like Hartung and co. Depending on what happens at the end of the year re retirements he could fill a gap for a year or 2.
He's on the decline, and not what we need.

We'd be looking at 22-26 yr olds, with upside to replace the current stars.

Barlow doesn't fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back