Traded Brad Hill [traded to Fremantle for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't but your coach does, you don't meet players mid season that you have a half interest in.
Ross said that he just having a chat because stephen said that brad want to come back. What you expect ross to reply to stephen , i dont have time to chat with him ? In due respect i dont mind having b.hill if there is a fair deal involve. Mayne compo will be fine with me. If someother deal get us cam mac. Balance of squad is more important. Eg roughead out this year got a huge impact on hawthorn.

I hope we keep him and Freo can enjoy their long stint at the foot of the ladder with their glacial midfield. He's a young, three time premiership winner and Freo is not fit to lick his boots.

You will probably gget McCarthy for a 3rd round pick.

The AFL wont let GWS make him sit out another year. The AFLPA will go crazy.
What can the AFL or AFLPA do in all reality?
GWS didn't make anyone sit out. McCarthy chose too. Has a contract to play footy. Not GWS's fault.

He'll get to Freo, without question. Perhaps for less than what he should. I don't think GWS will fight to hard, they have more important things to do

B.hill is average if surround by up and coming players still learning . Definely having Mitchell,hodge and other help him . He will be lost like jetta without the ball.
Hill is a smart player and a very positive bloke. Incredible endurance and has great skills. The only knock I have on him is he isn't the greatest tackler. I've always been a Hill fan and Hill knockers, in my view, want every player to be a tough take no s**t Hodgey type. Clubs need all types and if you want a skilled winger who can run all day look no further

Last edited:
My observation is that Freo are "as keen" to get Hill as Hawthorn are to offload him. Fremantle have no pressing need to bring him into the side.

Tucker, Langdon, Weller, Langdon and Balic have shown enough this year for us not to worry about midfield depth.

Our Ruck and Forward stocks are a lot more of concern than outside players. B.Hill would be nice but I doubt we are happy to give up a pick under 25 for him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him stay at Hawthorn. To be honest I am not phased if he comes to Freo. It will be interesting to see how keen our list management team actually is to get him Vs how keen Hawthorn are to offload him.
I would have no problem if Hill stays and the Hawks would embrace it as well.

Hill requested a trade not the other way around and the Hawks have a history that if a player wants out they get a deal done for them.

Make no mistake and despite what some have said in here Hill would be a potent weapon on the wing for Freo, just as he has been for the Hawks.

Hawks are in a no lose situation if he stays then great if he goes we will get a handy pick that will help us land a couple of big trades.

Hawks are in a no lose situation if he stays then great if he goes we will get a handy pick that will help us land a couple of big trades.

I think you may not be in a win-win situation. if Hill stays, who do you trade out to facilitate these big trades?

From what I have read you are trying to bring I O'Meara and Mitchell and you have pick 16ish? could be difficult without moving him on.

Hill for Mayne compo. Band 2 or 3. So pick 19 or 22. I'd bet my left nut.

McCarthy for 2017 second rounder. I'd bet my right nut.

Barlow to GC for their 5th pick. Pick 27. No bet, but my best guess. Not taking into account likely picks for Prestia and Omeara. 27 could be their 7th pick!

Ballas to Geelong. Kersten to Freo. Token swap of picks where clubs see fit.

Suban to Tigers. Conca to Freo. Both teams improve their WAFL and VFL sides...slightly.

Silvagni to Brisbane for their 3rd. Pick 38.

Clarke discovers no one actually wants him. Signs one year deal with Freo.

Hogan rumours grow louder prior to trade week. Ultimately nothing happens. Focus shift to Lobb. Ultimately nothing happens. Curve ball interest in Jack Martin presents. Ultimately nothing happens. Wild Fyfe speculation receives more media time then warranted. Ultimately nothing happens.

One Freo player that was likely to get delisted receives a deal. One of DeBoer, Mzungu, Hannath, Pearce type.

Bookmark it.

This one would be a doozy!!

Hill for Mayne compo. Band 2 or 3. So pick 19 or 22. I'd bet my left nut.

McCarthy for 2017 second rounder. I'd bet my right nut.

Barlow to GC for their 5th pick. Pick 27. No bet, but my best guess. Not taking into account likely picks for Prestia and Omeara. 27 could be their 7th pick!

Ballas to Geelong. Kersten to Freo. Token swap of picks where clubs see fit.

Suban to Tigers. Conca to Freo. Both teams improve their WAFL and VFL sides...slightly.

Silvagni to Brisbane for their 3rd. Pick 38.

Clarke discovers no one actually wants him. Signs one year deal with Freo.

Hogan rumours grow louder prior to trade week. Ultimately nothing happens. Focus shift to Lobb. Ultimately nothing happens. Curve ball interest in Jack Martin presents. Ultimately nothing happens. Wild Fyfe speculation receives more media time then warranted. Ultimately nothing happens.

One Freo player that was likely to get delisted receives a deal. One of DeBoer, Mzungu, Hannath, Pearce type.

Bookmark it.

If Freo end up with 19 for Mayne it won't be traded. 19 would allow Freo to Load two first rounders for Hogan this year or next.

Hill would be the Barlow pick 27 plus a basket of fruit.

If Freo end up with 19 for Mayne it won't be traded. 19 would allow Freo to Load two first rounders for Hogan this year or next.

Well only if Hogan wants to come home, but yes I agree. It's the perfect pick to allow us to offer pick 3 and next years first and not breach any rules.

If that was the case we'd possibly sit on the Hill deal until that deal was done, but if it didn't happen I'd imagine pick 19 would be traded for Hill. I'd love to do it as late as possible and let Hawks find other ways to secure their players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second rounder if Not third rounder for his off field behavioural issues. Defibitely not worth a first rounder... Is not the sort of guy you build a midfield around or develop a side wround, is just a complimentary type player. No way is he first round quality.

If the price is a first round pick freo should say pass

'First round pick', 'second round pick' is a bit meaningless.

Pick 1 for Hill is absurd, pick 18 for Hill is closer to the ballpark. Both are first round picks.

Freo's first round pick is 3 and their second round pick belongs to Gold Coast. They'll either trade the compo pick they get for Mayne or a player worth about the same trade value as Hill.

I wouldn't bank on an early pick in the 20's for Mayne as FA compo but who knows with Collingwood.

I could see however GC trading a pick in the 20's for Barlow, that could be on traded for Hill.

Ballas might be worth a second pick from WC too, that could be used on Cam.

Based on the contract numbers being bandied about Mayne should get band 3 compensation which is early 20s based on Freo's ladder position.

It's 'overs', but the FA compo system rewards low ladder positions and if he had been a FA last year the compo would've been in the mid 30s.

I would have no problem if Hill stays and the Hawks would embrace it as well.

Hill requested a trade not the other way around and the Hawks have a history that if a player wants out they get a deal done for them.

Make no mistake and despite what some have said in here Hill would be a potent weapon on the wing for Freo, just as he has been for the Hawks.

It's a bit of a 'win-win-win' situation. If Hill goes to Freo you get a pick that helps with Mitchell. If he stays, Freo hold on to the pick and send it to Geelong, or just use it in the draft. There will be some goon-uns around there: Battle, Rotham, Logue, Kerr, Taranto...

The only things that could go wrong is; if the AFL smack us around the chops in the Mayne compo, or Hill stays at Hawks and his heart isn't in it and ends up wandering around like a Nathan Ablett.

Second rounder if Not third rounder for his off field behavioural issues. Defibitely not worth a first rounder... Is not the sort of guy you build a midfield around or develop a side wround, is just a complimentary type player. No way is he first round quality.

If the price is a first round pick freo should say pass
Well if it isn't the Hawk obsessed GC26.

Yep take note of this guy folks after all he rates Tom Hawkins ahead of Buddy and Motlop ahead of Cyril.

How do you think the Hawkins is better than buddy thing u have going is holding up?

Not to mention Cyril is a 3 times AA while Motlop is a front running lazy bloke who everyone on the Geelong board are praying gets traded.

My point is trolling dude, keep that to the Bay.

Last edited:
Well if it isn't the Hawk obsessed GC26.

Yep take note of this guy folks after all he rates Tom Hawkins ahead of Buddy and Motlop ahead of Cyril.

How do you think the Hawkins is better than buddy thing u have going is holding up?

Not to mention Cyril is a 3 times AA while Motlop is a front running lazy bloke who everyone on the Geelong board are praying gets traded.

My point is trolling dude, keep that to the Bay.
This thread is about Brad Hill and the unders your club will get for him, keep it on topic.

Barlow pick 27? I see two, no three, things wrong with this statement;

1. You suggest one of the other 17 clubs would part with such a pick for Barlow. I know it must be tough realising 17 other teams are in the AFL...

2. You value a 23 year old three time premiership player with elite pace, ball use and stamina the same as a 28 year old (29 by season start) with below average pace and ball use. Incase you have missed any of the other 8 games going on each weekend you will notice pace and ball use is premium in todays game...

3. Brad Hill for the reason mentioned above is a lock to get a late first rounder.

Barlow pick 27? I see two, no three, things wrong with this statement;

1. You suggest one of the other 17 clubs would part with such a pick for Barlow. I know it must be tough realising 17 other teams are in the AFL...

2. You value a 23 year old three time premiership player with elite pace, ball use and stamina the same as a 28 year old (29 by season start) with below average pace and ball use. Incase you have missed any of the other 8 games going on each weekend you will notice pace and ball use is premium in todays game...

3. Brad Hill for the reason mentioned above is a lock to get a late first rounder.
He really isn't a lock to get a late first rounder, he'll be a lock to get the Mayne compo if we dont have to use it on Hogan/McCarthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back