Brad Hill Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Freo's 3rd round pick is what will be used for McCarthy

Their second round pick is tied up from Bennell last year

Will most likely need a third party to get involved here
I think you are right. Freo is likely going to not use up more than a 3rd round pick on McCarthy. With a year out of football and varying reports on his mental state, they are probably only a 50/50 of drafting him at all. Certainly not going to give up a first round pick for him. All news coming from Chris Bond (Freo list manager) is they are not giving up their first round pick for anything. Not sure how this bodes for Cam McCarthy or Brad Hill but the only thing I can see maybe working is a three way trade with another club.

Redden is a jet. Wish we went for him.

No, he's not. Showing what he looks like as a small fish in a big pond this season as West Coast. Glad we are targeting better, younger players.

Hill is worth a pick inside the top ten this year. Remember that this draft is not great, gets pretty even after pick 5 or 6. Picks after that are even through to around the 20 mark. So they either cough up a top pick or they can cough up with Weller or Langdon. Don't want Sheridan, even Freo fans think he is garbage, and they can forget piles of crap like Pearce. He would only be useful to mow the lawns at Waverley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously is gone this year by the sounds of that interview. All that "whether it be the end of next year or a few years down the track" sounds as if the club has asked him to say that so Freo can't strong arm us by saying if we don't give him up cheap now they'll take him for nothing next year.

I do believe him when he says he wants to focus on playing good footy for us this year though. It's in his best interests because there won't be any more flags once he's in purple.

I have no qualms about him wanting to go home, I think we benefit from players coming back home so it's just our turn for the reverse. I only hope we get a good deal or a young player. Players move all the time it would be great to have every player see out there carer at one club but that's not realistic or possible. Clubs cut players all the time so players have as much right to ask for a trade. I'd be miffed if he didn't pick up in form and wanted a trade but his last two show he will give it all until he leaves and that is all we can ask.

The real question is what will Freo give up for McCarthy. That's freo's priority. Figure that out and Brad Hill will fall into place a lot easier
Well here is the thing. We offered a couple of 1sr rounders for Mccarthy... GWS decided to use tough man tony abbott tactics and decided to punish mccarthy by making him rot in 2016. At the most we will trade a 2017 2nd rounder for GWS. GWS have 3 2016 1st rounders already.

I know Ralphy hates us but this takes it to another level.
Pearce would not be best 22, let alone go near compensating us for the loss of Hill.
I couldn't stop laughing after hearing his dribble about this one.
Remember Ralphy, year remaining on his contract.
Clancee pearce was a gun in 2012. Regularly getting 20-25 disposals a game and kicked 16 goals. That was his best year. He has played bugger all games in 2016 as we are playing youth.

I will be ropeable if we trade pick 3. People bag out our CEO chris bond. Freo have not traded a top 10 pick since trading paul medhurst and pick 8 for chris tarrant in 2006.

This draft pool has some guns in the top 10 and yes I want a certain gun player in this draft.

Put yourself in Freos shoes. would you trade pick 3 considering what young talent is available this year?

Before you go with the name calling on an oppo board 'gungho' from freo, what exactly have you got to be gungho about? Surely can't be gungho about all that success you've never experienced?

Anyhow, those guys you mentioned. You know they take unders, to play for the Hawks, because we win premierships?

You guys, have got nothing to offer, nothing they could want. You are proven losers at your very best, and have got Rossiboi for another 5 years? He is trolling you.

Why again do you even think an offer, any offer would be considered, if not for someones longing to play with their brother and the go home factor? Really.

I suppose one attractive point about Hill to freo is that he will never hurt us as a opposition player. Your team will just never be in a position to contend.
Um you realise the 2013 grand final freo kicked 8.14.62 to the hawks 11.11.77? Had freo kicked 14.8.92 well... the result would of been different.

Um you realise the 2013 grand final freo kicked 8.14.62 to the hawks 11.11.77? Had freo kicked 14.8.92 well... the result would of been different.
Um you realize in the 2012 Grand Final, Hawthorn kicked our way out of it, too?

The difference being we had the balls to use that as motivation to win the next three. And this year challenge strongly for a fourth.

Whereas Freo... Um... Well, they choked before they even got on the Big Stage. And this year - challenged strongly for The Spoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back