Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

clivenator26

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2009
Latex Condo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
yeah saints fans tend to eat their own ... frustration does that ... but Freo fans dont understand the basics of football.. the last freo game i was at the clown behind me was saying the umpire were cheating because they allowed Silvagni to keep on tacklling them and wanted Kruzer red carded cause Fyfe ran into him and went down ... dont even get me started on the nuffies who call up WA radio complaining about the unfair treatment Freo get ...
over the years ive been to pretty much been to most teams home games ... Port Adelaide and Collingwood are the most feral ... Fremantle easily the lowest footy iq

I once went to a St Kilda game in Victoria and a St Kilda fan asked the umpire for 4 runs for their team when the ball went out of bounds and hit the advertising around the boundary. THEN I overheard two St Kilda fans (Molly Meldrum & Eric Bana) at the urinal asking why no one had made a “slam dunk” yet.

True stories. Well probably as true as yours.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
hoenstly looking at the 2007 onwards trading of freo as an outsider it looks lazy .... its basically "he's from WA lets get him" scatter gun approach.. this narrow minded view on WA players only to "bring back home" is lazy trading and honestly isnt addressing the needs of your team.. but hey you do you

I always suspected that posters like you were lazy...

Its understandable why Freo specifically targeted WA players. Why try and pry SA and Victorian players to freo? its near impossible to do so. Yeah Dustin martin is going to join the dockers or Eagles.

You say that we only got the WA players for the sake of bringing them back home is lazy trading and isnt addressing the needs of the team.

Remember back around 2012-14 when freo was linked with every key forward known to man from Travis Cloke, to buddy franklin to jack watts to Jack Riewoldt to john butcher and everything in between? How did that work out?

Now look back at freos trade period last season. What did they need? they needed KPFs. They got a key forward/ruck in Rory Lobb and a KPF in Jesse Hogan. Both WA blokes as well.

you think both were needs or wants? They were needed.

I dare say Lobb was a better pick up than Hogan due to him being traded with a 2nd rounder and a slight 1st rounder down grade. Plus the fact when Lobb is fully fit, is a good back up ruck to ease the burden on Sean Darcy along with playing FF.

so your stupid theory that Hogan and Lobb doesnt fit our needs to improve freo is a lie

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I once went to a St Kilda game in Victoria and a St Kilda fan asked the umpire for 4 runs for their team when the ball went out of bounds and hit the advertising around the boundary. THEN I overheard two St Kilda fans (Molly Meldrum & Eric Bana) at the urinal asking why no one had made a “slam dunk” yet.

True stories. Well probably as true as yours.
i could give more examples but just reading the freo comments on bigfooty proves my point ... Freo fans are the least knowllegable footy supporters in the comp ... calling Ball when it is clearly not , not understanding the in the back rule at all , thinking every tackle against them is either High or a trip... its not all of you .. just like not all Collingwood supoorters are ferals and not all WCE supporters a arrogant tossbags but the higher concentration of tossbags support WCE , the higher concentration of ferals follow Collingwood, the higher concentration of nuffies follow Fremantle

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I always suspected that posters like you were lazy...

Its understandable why Freo specifically targeted WA players. Why try and pry SA and Victorian players to freo? its near impossible to do so. Yeah Dustin martin is going to join the dockers or Eagles.

You say that we only got the WA players for the sake of bringing them back home is lazy trading and isnt addressing the needs of the team.

Remember back around 2012-14 when freo was linked with every key forward known to man from Travis Cloke, to buddy franklin to jack watts to Jack Riewoldt to john butcher and everything in between? How did that work out?

Now look back at freos trade period last season. What did they need? they needed KPFs. They got a key forward/ruck in Rory Lobb and a KPF in Jesse Hogan. Both WA blokes as well.

you think both were needs or wants? They were needed.

I dare say Lobb was a better pick up than Hogan due to him being traded with a 2nd rounder and a slight 1st rounder down grade. Plus the fact when Lobb is fully fit, is a good back up ruck to ease the burden on Sean Darcy along with playing FF.

so your stupid theory that Hogan and Lobb doesnt fit our needs to improve freo is a lie
where did i say Hogan or Lobb ???

funny enough the big brothers down the road dont specifically look where the player is from when the trade them in .. they need a ruck they trade one in , they need and experianced midfielder for leadership they trade one in ...

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah saints fans tend to eat their own ... frustration does that ... but Freo fans dont understand the basics of football.. the last freo game i was at the clown behind me was saying the umpire were cheating because they allowed Silvagni to keep on tacklling them and wanted Kruzer red carded cause Fyfe ran into him and went down ... dont even get me started on the nuffies who call up WA radio complaining about the unfair treatment Freo get ...
over the years ive been to pretty much been to most teams home games ... Port Adelaide and Collingwood are the most feral ... Fremantle easily the lowest footy iq
Mate, eastern media outlets make the observation that Freo get bad media treatment in Perth. Robbo on 360 has said it on a number occasions.

What amazed me
Hey, one premiership in 146 years. Wonder why we hate the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t get it.

I love Freo even if they stuff up things.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
so how much are you wanting to pay Kelly ???
the trade will get done because for all Freo's chest beating they dont need another player on their list who doesnt want to be there ... if you want to talk about reputation how would Freo's look having another player wanting out of the place ...
I'm not in the get-Kelly-gang. I only want him if he wants to play for us and is available for a price we are happy to pay. For me that price is pick 5 (from you) or the maximum price is pick 5 and your second rounder (steak knives), but I would probably walk away. We don't need inside mids, and having lost our coach and by the looks of things 2 wingers, we are rebuilding, so my preference is to hit the draft.
  • If we were pushing into our window (as you guys seem to think you are) that would be different.
  • If Hill and Langdon were staying, I'd sell the farm for Kelly (in terms of draft picks).

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
That Premiership before or after Eagles, Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide join AFL?
If before you get some pity point from me.

I am sick of this argument. I deal with it a lot from a Freo supporter at work. The premiership before 1990 count. However if I was comparing say St Kilda and Power pre 1990 I would say the Power are the more successful team.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
i think the industry will see it as small man Bell being a twat derailing a fairly simple trade transaction if it falls over... Freo already have a so-so rep with player managers and in genreral as an ordinary club to work for or with
And yet we keep getting trades done eh. I think your comments suggest you have a BIG small man problem.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Mate, eastern media outlets make the observation that Freo get bad media treatment in Perth. Robbo on 360 has said it on a number occasions.

What amazed me

I don’t get it.

I love Freo even if they stuff up things.

Give it time you’ve been in the league under 25 years. In another 75 you’ll see it our way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

funny enough the big brothers down the road dont specifically look where the player is from when the trade them in .. they need a ruck they trade one in , they need and experianced midfielder for leadership they trade one in ...
well your last post was full of s**t . Read it again

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Depending on your definition of damaged (Roscoe!), but certainly at the top of his game

WE would have given you more than 6 & 19 & 55 -30 for Lachie Neale
Lyon developed Neale, who is having another good year this year. You may need to look up the discussion with Lions fans from last season, because it is virtually word for word recreated here. Never were going to pay more than 6. Blah blah. Fremantle is clear in its stance that we will only trade contracted players in a deal that makes us stronger. Quite fair and reasonable.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
you reckon ... going to cost him a bucket load of cash and keeps him away from his partner ... the contract next year for hill might not be as big from the saints cause its one year less ... i reckon if there was a reasonable trade offered and Freo rejected it then BHill would be pretty pissedoff with Freo
WC made a reasonable offer for Kelly last year, Adelaide a reasonable offers for Gibbs.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Why aren't you like your big brothers down the road in brown and yellow and only trade in stars? Yeah why aren't you a destination club who can get deals done? And why aren't you like your other big brothers in black and white and have someone in the media who can influence things for you? And why aren't you like your blue and white big brothers down the highway and have lots of decent father and sons?

Back