Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyon developed Neale, who is having another good year this year. You may need to look up the discussion with Lions fans from last season, because it is virtually word for word recreated here. Never were going to pay more than 6. Blah blah. Fremantle is clear in its stance that we will only trade contracted players in a deal that makes us stronger. Quite fair and reasonable.

I think Lyon also had the same stance on Luke Ball ?

you reckon ... going to cost him a bucket load of cash and keeps him away from his partner ... the contract next year for hill might not be as big from the saints cause its one year less ... i reckon if there was a reasonable trade offered and Freo rejected it then BHill would be pretty pissedoff with Freo
Not really, he's mentioned in public that he loves it at Freo and wants to do the right thing by them. I'm pretty confident that he'll understand if they want to play hardball.

Still waiting on those examples by the way, or are you just here to troll?

He wanted a trade last year!
I wasn't aware of this. In other sports a club will say look, we can't trade you this year - stick it out and if you reward us we will get you to where you have to go next year. The AFL have a long way to go to get to that stage, but it could be seen that Hill gave Freo an extra season of great service so they'll make the trade work. Just spit balling.

Mate, eastern media outlets make the observation that Freo get bad media treatment in Perth. Robbo on 360 has said it on a number occasions.

What amazed me

I don’t get it.

I love Freo even if they stuff up things.
what have freo done to deserve favorable media attention ? sacking coaches , failed seasons after seasons, players treated like rubbish, coaches who are frosty to the media, plus being the Pepsi to the WCE Coke in the WA market ... what do you expect ?? we are the same we have the media twisting anything into a negative for us .. its all part and parcel of being an unsuccessful club ... no point sooking over it ...

as for that other comment thats just a nuffie supporter , all clubs have them ... the fact we have 1600 paid up members of St Kilda alone in WA after one flag in 140 years shows we are all not like that ... if i was to stereotype St Kilda fans like i did Freo fans as low footy IQ us Saints fans are negative Nancy's the biggest duldrum woe is me sad sacks in the comp...

I'm not in the get-Kelly-gang. I only want him if he wants to play for us and is available for a price we are happy to pay. For me that price is pick 5 (from you) or the maximum price is pick 5 and your second rounder (steak knives), but I would probably walk away. We don't need inside mids, and having lost our coach and by the looks of things 2 wingers, we are rebuilding, so my preference is to hit the draft.
  • If we were pushing into our window (as you guys seem to think you are) that would be different.
  • If Hill and Langdon were staying, I'd sell the farm for Kelly (in terms of draft picks).
we are not pushing into our window ... we are resetting a failed re-build ... thats not cutting to the bone and starting again but cutting away what isnt going to help us grow ...

I am sick of this argument. I deal with it a lot from a Freo supporter at work. The premiership before 1990 count. However if I was comparing say St Kilda and Power pre 1990 I would say the Power are the more successful team.
i disagree we have one flag and i am proud of that flag but the win in 1966 has nothing to do with todays footy .. the game is so very very differant today as it was then ... flags in the 90's honestly i dont reckon mean anything either as the game in the 90's is totally differant to today ... realistically to have a bearing on a teams success you need to go to the start of this century.. 2000 - 2019 Brissys threepeate is still relevant

Why aren't you like your big brothers down the road in brown and yellow and only trade in stars? Yeah why aren't you a destination club who can get deals done? And why aren't you like your other big brothers in black and white and have someone in the media who can influence things for you? And why aren't you like your blue and white big brothers down the highway and have lots of decent father and sons?
because we are poor as f**k !!! i know its hard to grasp but do you realise in the last decade when we were playing finals every year we were still borrowing equipment from other clubs ... when your club was entering the AFL we had players doing repairs on a collapsed roof in our training venue cause we couldt afford the contractors to do it...
Freo fans think they are hard done by please you got no idea imagine having to have staff walk the boundry line with a blanket to catch spare change from the crowd just to keep the clubs doors open, imagine having the big boys of the comp actually vote to have you kicked out of the comp, imagine a club president saying to the media to "let em rot" about you.
imagine having the AFL head office telling you through the media to sort out your debt.. all the while excluding you from games on prime time TV, pushing you into low rating low attendance time slots and making you pretty much irrelevant to sponsors who would help pull you out of debt..

so boohoo your big brother got a 10 year head start on you so you are behind the 8 ball ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, he's mentioned in public that he loves it at Freo and wants to do the right thing by them. I'm pretty confident that he'll understand if they want to play hardball.

Still waiting on those examples by the way, or are you just here to troll?
loves it at Freo but wants out .... right...
wants to do the right thing by them by making his new club weakers .... right.....
understand if they want to play hardball so blocking his way because they put an unrealistic price on him .... right ...

examples on what are you waiting for ?

I wasn't aware of this. In other sports a club will say look, we can't trade you this year - stick it out and if you reward us we will get you to where you have to go next year. The AFL have a long way to go to get to that stage, but it could be seen that Hill gave Freo an extra season of great service so they'll make the trade work. Just spit balling.
i would be interested to know if his partner stayed in perth this year or had she already moved to Melbourne ...
if last year was planning to move but stayed one year with brad cause he couldnt get the trade then that changes significantly if she is moving or has already moved over..

This will end up on nuffies
Geelong trade Kelly and 3rd rd to West Coast
West Coast trade 14, 22 and Petrucelle
Geelong trade 37 to saints for Steven
Saints trade Bruce and pick 37 to Dogs
Dogs trade pick 11 to saints
Saints trade Freo pick 11 and 1st rd 2020 for Hill

Win win for everyone....

This will end up on nuffies
Geelong trade Kelly and 3rd rd to West Coast
West Coast trade 14, 22 and Petrucelle
Geelong trade 37 to saints for Steven
Saints trade Bruce and pick 37 to Dogs
Dogs trade pick 11 to saints
Saints trade Freo pick 11 and 1st rd 2020 for Hill

Win win for everyone....
This is probably the worst deal I've seen for Saints and you're correct, will end up of Nuffies page.

Submitting myself.

Back