Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Big haul for freo. I’d be stoked if I was them.

If I was a saints fan I’d be fine with it. If they can turn Bruce into Jones and nab butler with a late pick they’ve done very well overall.

seems to as close to win/win as trades get.

I mean, Saints will be better off short term due to the player Hill Is, but hopefully we draft well and get some more out of Acres if he’s involved.

depth issues hopefully slowly resolve

seems to as close to win/win as trades get.

I mean, Saints will be better off short term due to the player Hill Is, but hopefully we draft well and get some more out of Acres if he’s involved.

depth issues hopefully slowly resolve
You guys definitely win this trade If it's 10 + 2020 2nd + Acres

This thread ran the exact same as the Tim Kelly thread. Both supporters personally attacking each other with unrealistic threats of ‘fine, we’ll just keep him, he’s contracted’ or ‘we’ll never pay that much, would rather go to the draft, he’s not that good anyway’ to each club melting first on Bing re-signing and Freo (me melting) on the news of 10+2020 R2 to both clubs feeling like they’ve given in too easily and we talk about how good each trade will be for each other with a little wink knowing we’ll all be back here doing the exact same dance next trade period.

This thread ran the exact same as the Tim Kelly thread. Both supporters personally attacking each other with unrealistic threats of ‘fine, we’ll just keep him, he’s contracted’ or ‘we’ll never pay that much, would rather go to the draft, he’s not that good anyway’ to each club melting first on Bing re-signing and Freo (me melting) on the news of 10+2020 R2 to both clubs feeling like they’ve given in too easily and we talk about how good each trade will be for each other with a little wink knowing we’ll all be back here doing the exact same dance next trade period.

The trade is treated in here like a real game of footy ...opponents abusing, jibing, pinching, king hits and the like...then shake hands at the end and say well done well played. Absurd....:rolleyes:

That’s pretty ironic.

Sounds like the deal agreed to yesterday is 10, a future 2nd and 58.

Acres was agreed on later so he'll either be done separately or worked into the deal.
We need to send a future 3rd back to get the future 2nd and that will end up being the cost for Acres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t mind this from Freo. Another first would’ve been nice but Acres is a handy pick up.

Fits their age profile and I’ve always liked him. He can find the goals pretty well which I think Freo’s been missing.

Two top ten picks in this year’s draft and a handy foot soldier (similar to Conca) I think is really positive for Freo’s rebuild.

Points wise its pretty much the same deal the Saints initially offered - so it looks like a win - win for both camps.

In the end Freo may have actually done us a favour because if the first offer had been accepted we'd have struggled with the Howard/Ryder deal. The GWS pick split allowed that to happen and that paved the way for the updated Hill deal.

Best of luck with Acres - lots of talk about injury, not being played in his best position, Richo etc - but he's been in the system for 6 years and still just teases with glimpses of brilliance and then goes missing.

As a comparison GWS got Pick 40 as compo for Tomlinson and I reckon he's more versatile.

Actually think the deal is good for both. Freo get another pick before the Henry bid, a best 22 and bank the Future 2nd (pretty handy having 3 2nds next year). Saints get their man and keep future 1st intact.

win-win
Common sense through all of this.

"St.Kilda has caved big time" LOL.

I think i'll actually miss the "GOAT" banter on our board more than Acres' 2 or 3 good quarters every 4 or 5 weeks. A very frustrating player and not one we ever missed when he was out of the side. But if it does finally click for him he'll be a be good pick up for Freo.

I feel bad for Acres here. Has been at the Saints 6 years and to have his manager tell him that he'll basically play in the VFL for 2020 and be cut so he'd better go to Freo is pretty harsh. Having said that, we have got as much out of him as we could and the change might help his career.

I feel bad for Acres here. Has been at the Saints 6 years and to have his manager tell him that he'll basically play in the VFL for 2020 and be cut so he'd better go to Freo is pretty harsh. Having said that, we have got as much out of him as we could and the change might help his career.

yeah a lot of media reporting he’s pretty filthy to be pushed out, but that’s the business sometimes. Something has to give when you bring in so many

If the deal of a 1st, future 2nd (plus irrelevant picks) and Acres is correct, I'm certain that's a crap deal for Freo.

Bell is/was under no obligation for trading one of the club's best players (B&F in 2017 and 3rd in the B&F in 2019) who still has 2 years to go on his contract.

I haven't followed Saints much but Acres didn't finish top 10 in the club's B&F in the last 3 years.

No idea why Bell & co think this potential deal is acceptable.

Back