Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are you going to get this pick in the 30s?

Freo dont have a 3rd or a 4th

We have a 2nd which is needed for Liam Henry

Its morelikely that you guys send us your first and a pick in the 30s for a Brad Hill contracted for 2 years, going by our past trade rates

Neale, Weller, Hogan.

We will chuck in Rowan Marshall aswell as our first rounder and a pick in the 30s for brad hill as a sweetener. 😂

Not really, no.
Great counterargument

Freo generally value our players highly, especially when in contract.

Seriously take a look at the Weller and Neale threads when they were happening the previous two seasons, everyone doubted what Fremantle (The club, not us fans) were asking for, yet it turned out we asked a high price for our players.

The same thing will happen this year with Brad Hill if he is traded.

You may get him next year for just a first but who knows, if we make the 8 he might change his mind on moving too, a year is a long time.

Where are you going to get this pick in the 30s?

Freo dont have a 3rd or a 4th

We have a 2nd which is needed for Liam Henry

Its morelikely that you guys send us your first and a pick in the 30s for a Brad Hill contracted for 2 years, going by our past trade rates

Neale, Weller, Hogan.

Lol throw in Fyfe and you have yourself a deal.

Geez some of the suggestions by Freo supporters here without knowing the player it would seem like we will be bidding for Fyfe not Brad Hill. Isn't even in the top 50 players in the AFL.

Realistically speaking only worth around pick 12 on the open market.

Hold him to a contract and other players will be unwilling to sign long term in danger of them not being able to get out.

Let's see who is right and wrong.

Geez some of the suggestions by Freo supporters here without knowing the player it would seem like we will be bidding for Fyfe not Brad Hill. Isn't even in the top 50 players in the AFL.

Hold him to a contract and other players will be unwilling to sign long term in danger of them not being able to get out.

I'll take that bet. You think you can get him for pick 12, is that right?

He is the best winger in the AFL on this seasons form...

Thats just silly, We have already shown we will trade players who want to leave if we are compensated to a certain standard.

Probably us Dockers fans, like we were for Weller and Neale...

He is the best winger in the AFL on this seasons form...

Thats just silly, We have already shown we will trade players who want to leave if we are compensated to a certain standard.

Probably us Dockers fans, like we were for Weller and Neale...
Billings has him covered who is playing wing this season in most stats.

Great counterargument

Freo generally value our players highly, especially when in contract.

Seriously take a look at the Weller and Neale threads when they were happening the previous two seasons, everyone doubted what Fremantle (The club, not us fans) were asking for, yet it turned out we asked a high price for our players.

The same thing will happen this year with Brad Hill if he is traded.

You may get him next year for just a first but who knows, if we make the 8 he might change his mind on moving too, a year is a long time.
I wasn’t part of the conversation and therefore not needed to counter argue. Mearly responsding to an arrogant comment with no substance behind it.

Want my opinion? I assume not, but I’ll give it.

Pick 6 for Hill, with a future 3rd round coming back.

I haven't (seriously) said I expect 2 first rounders.

6+change is my claim.

Yours is pick 12.

Stakes?
I can assure you that he is not worth pick 6 and change.

I would be dissapointed if he nominates us and we offered up pick 6 alone. He isn't a match winner to demand that high a pick. Kept a close eye on him and is just a vanilla type who won't drag a team over the line. If anything Langdon had a better game than him against us.

Pick 6 gets you close to a absolute match winner when drafting. I can't see Hill being that. He is the Cherry on top of the cake, but not the foundation to build from.

Out of Interesting what would you rate Gaff compared to Hill with the same contract length etc.

If Saints are offering 1.2 + for Hill, they should just fold. Good player for half that but if he's your best player you won't be winning much.
If he wants to come back to Hawthorn and Hawthorn want him I would hope some goodwill would be involved to get him there (like the initial trade) but in saying that if he's after 1mil + wouldn't touch. Crazy money for a guy who wouldn't be Top 30 in the comp and can go missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be dissapointed if he nominates us and we offered up pick 6 alone. He isn't a match winner to demand that high a pick. Kept a close eye on him and is just a vanilla type who won't drag a team over the line. If anything Langdon had a better game than him against us.

Pick 6 gets you close to a absolute match winner when drafting. I can't see Hill being that. He is the Cherry on top of the cake, but not the foundation to build from.

Out of Interesting what would you rate Gaff compared to Hill with the same contract length etc.
He can absolutely win you a game. One of our early season good wins (might have been GWS) he was massive in the last.

I don't think he is pick 6 good, but he has two years to run. This is not going to be a fair deal and I'll be surprised if Saints fans are happy with the price.

Gaff with 2 years on a contract is two top 10s.

You obviously don’t watch many of Freos games. You don’t offer a player 800k if he is not a match winner. Fyfe Hill and Walters are our only match winners and all 3 have done just that several times this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Saints are offering 1.2 + for Hill, they should just fold. Good player for half that but if he's your best player you won't be winning much.
If he wants to come back to Hawthorn and Hawthorn want him I would hope some goodwill would be involved to get him there (like the initial trade) but in saying that if he's after 1mil + wouldn't touch. Crazy money for a guy who wouldn't be Top 30 in the comp and can go missing
I think the 1.2 Million is well below the offer. I expect the offer to be 900k due to the fact that we have that much room in the cap last year offering 1.2 to Shiel etc.

This year we have Armitage retiring who is on about 600k, McCarting most likely gone as well on about 400k, Roberton who has the heart issue is no certainty to go again who is on around 600k, possibly losing Steven who would be on around 900k and our first choice Ruckman is Longer having concussion issues and taking a break who would be on about 350k as well.

We have locked away all our youngsters and I'm fairly positive they would have been front loaded beyond belief for us to just meet the minimum requirement.

You obviously don’t watch many of Freos games. You don’t offer a player 800k if he is not a match winner. Fyfe Hill and Walters are our only match winners and all 3 have done just that several times this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When you have that much cap space you offer whatever you want to attract someone. I have seen many Freo games and the genuine match winners you guys have are Walters and Fyfe. I can even confidently say that I've seen Mundy win more games off his own boot than Hill.

Hill will give you a 7/10 performance every week with one in 7 or 8 being a 9/10. That's why he will feature very high in the B&F. If he wins it over Walters would you say that he is a better player? I think not.

Watch him turn the game against the Cats literally 2 weeks ago, we would not have won that game if Brad Hill didn't completely change the game in the second quarter

He is a match winner, this isn't a 23 year old Brad Hill, this is the elite winger that wins games for his club.

He can absolutely win you a game. One of our early season good wins (might have been GWS) he was massive in the last.

I don't think he is pick 6 good, but he has two years to run. This is not going to be a fair deal and I'll be surprised if Saints fans are happy with the price.

Exactly pick 6 isn't a fair deal. More like pick 10 is a fair deal.

Why do Freo need to win every single trade. Every year clubs do trades that are pretty fair. Yet you guys need to try and shaft another team? Probably the reason why over the last 10 years you couldn't land any big fish besides last year and the go home factor.

Watch him turn the game against the Cats literally 2 weeks ago, we would not have won that game if Brad Hill didn't completely change the game in the second quarter

He is a match winner, this isn't a 23 year old Brad Hill, this is the elite winger that wins games for his club.
Exactly he isn't 23. Will be 27 next year so is no spring chicken. If he was 23 I would understand pick 6 and something else. But for a 27 year old, no thanks. Pick 10 is fair.

P

Why do Freo need to win every single trade. Every year clubs do trades that are pretty fair. Yet you guys need to try and shaft another team? Probably the reason why over the last 10 years you couldn't land any big fish besides last year and the go home factor.
He’s still contracted for two years , any deal will be in Freo’s favour.

P

He’s still contracted for two years , any deal will be in Freo’s favour.
Will be a case of cat and mouse.

We will offer up our 1st round pick which could be anything from 6-9. If Freo don't budge we just walk away and they have a disgruntled player on their hands and we try and have a crack the following year. We can't lose in this unless we bow down to Freo's demands. It's not like we are singling him out, he wants to come home and if he nomintes us or anyone else for that matter then either Freo be reasonable or keep a player who doesnt want to be there..

Absolute tripe.
Every club obviously tries to win every trade.

When a player has a 2 year contract remaining, I think Freo have the right to try get overs.
Just like if he was out of contract we’d be getting the best a team he nominates offers. Luckily this time were in the former. In the Langdon trade likely be in the latter and have to accept unders.

As I’ve said a few times, A grade quality wanting in - you get it done.

Pick 10 alone won’t get it done
Pick 6 might, but likely not.

Absolute tripe.
Every club obviously tries to win every trade.

When a player has a 2 year contract remaining, I think Freo have the right to try get overs.
Just like if he was out of contract we’d be getting the best a team he nominates offers. Luckily this time were in the former. In the Langdon trade likely be in the latter and have to accept unders.

As I’ve said a few times, A grade quality wanting in - you get it done.

Pick 10 alone won’t get it done
Pick 6 might, but likely not.
Contract or not he isn't a top 50 player in the league. Keep dreaming if you think pick 6 won't get it done.

Back