Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute tripe.
Every club obviously tries to win every trade.

When a player has a 2 year contract remaining, I think Freo have the right to try get overs.
Just like if he was out of contract we’d be getting the best a team he nominates offers. Luckily this time were in the former. In the Langdon trade likely be in the latter and have to accept unders.

As I’ve said a few times, A grade quality wanting in - you get it done.

Pick 10 alone won’t get it done
Pick 6 might, but likely not.

Contract or not he isn't a top 50 player in the league. Keep dreaming if you think pick 6 won't get it done.

Best 50 players in the league is such a poor argument. Best 50 according to who? Cause I guarantee some will have him as a best 50 and some won’t. It’s all personal opinion.

I said pick 6 might but likely wouldnt.

Can’t wait for all the saints fans saying he’s average to change their tune and say they always rated him if he’s traded

Wrong, you "stole" Yeo for pick 28 knowing he was worth more than that but screwed over Brisbane in the Go Home 5 scandal, set them back several years.

But you are correct in saying what was traded for Hill a few years ago has no relevance to having to trade for him this year.
Nah mate, at the time Brissy arse pumped themselves.
We at Freo have a bit of that going on now..... Not karma just a cycle - most clubs go through it at some stage

Exactly pick 6 isn't a fair deal. More like pick 10 is a fair deal.

Why do Freo need to win every single trade. Every year clubs do trades that are pretty fair. Yet you guys need to try and shaft another team? Probably the reason why over the last 10 years you couldn't land any big fish besides last year and the go home factor.
To be clear, we don’t try to “win” every trade but we play pretty hard on contracted players. Neale was a fair deal, Hogan had risk which everyone knew about despite Melbourne crying foul and GC try to blindside us for a contracted player with one week of trade period left which was just dumb.

We 100% took GC to the cleaners because they handled the situation like a bunch of amateurs.

We have a good history of letting uncontracted players go without much fuss. Dylan Roberton, who you lot refused to pony up anything for and Crozier two easy examples.

Imo his value is similar to when he left Hawthorn. Has gotten a bit better but is also 3 years older. Can't rememeber what we got but it was unders.
Factoring in if he wants to go, his value would be a pick in the 8-12 range imo

We have a good history of letting uncontracted players go without much fuss. Dylan Roberton, who you lot refused to pony up anything for and Crozier two easy examples.

Actually Dylan had no idea where he was going clubwise and indeed even if any AFL Club would take him. He only knew that he was going to return to Victoria.

So fuss, had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Exactly he isn't 23. Will be 27 next year so is no spring chicken. If he was 23 I would understand pick 6 and something else. But for a 27 year old, no thanks. Pick 10 is fair.

Age is important. I think Hill is possibly the best winger in the game but giving up pick 6 for a 27 year old ahead of drafting at pick 6 a quality kid with 10 plus years ahead of them, is hard to do.

Hill might have 5 quality years ahead of him. I think st Kilda should think longer term and look at a young running player like Ash from the draft.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually Dylan had no idea where he was going clubwise and indeed even if any AFL Club would take him. He only knew that he was going to return to Victoria.

So fuss, had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Yes, so St Kilda had a fair idea they would be taking him but didn’t want to use anything worthwhile on him if they didn’t need to...

If saints are offering 850k a year this trade is easy then, it's there first likely pick 6 for brad hill . You Can't expect to offer a contract like that then get the player for peanuts .
I have never really understood that offering 'X' amount of money is equivalent to trading currency. For example why would St.Kilda have to offer more for Hill than say Hawthorn or someone who would offer less money would? Because we have to meet our 95% salary cup we have to throw money at players or we end up overpaying our spuds. Just because we can pay 850k does not mean we have to pay more than any other club.

Imo his value is similar to when he left Hawthorn. Has gotten a bit better but is also 3 years older. Can't rememeber what we got but it was unders.
Factoring in if he wants to go, his value would be a pick in the 8-12 range imo
Thank you, finally some common sense in the thread. Freo supporters wanting pick 6 plus some sort of change are delusional. Heck even pick 6 alone is over considering he will be 27 next year.

Thank you, finally some common sense in the thread. Freo supporters wanting pick 6 plus some sort of change are delusional. Heck even pick 6 alone is over considering he will be 27 next year.
Yeah if he wasnt fussed either way then Freo would hold more currency but when someone wants out we know the offer is lowballed.

Why do Freo need to win every single trade. Every year clubs do trades that are pretty fair. Yet you guys need to try and shaft another team? Probably the reason why over the last 10 years you couldn't land any big fish besides last year and the go home factor.
No point in trying to guilt trip me, give Bell a call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is contracted for 2 years...

Good luck getting to the PSD LOL
Fair call.

The point I was making was the irrelevance of what clubs will pay Hill when discussing his trade value. You overpay a player so you don't have to overpay a club.

That being said, I forgot Hill was contracted when I wrote that. That is a spanner in the whole negotiations. Doesn't change what they'll offer Freo for Hill (the cash is just to get Hill to exclusively choose them) but it might change what Freo wants to accept.

Where are you going to get this pick in the 30s?

Freo dont have a 3rd or a 4th

We have a 2nd which is needed for Liam Henry

Its morelikely that you guys send us your first and a pick in the 30s for a Brad Hill contracted for 2 years, going by our past trade rates

Neale, Weller, Hogan.
Nah.

To be clear, we don’t try to “win” every trade but we play pretty hard on contracted players. Neale was a fair deal, Hogan had risk which everyone knew about despite Melbourne crying foul and GC try to blindside us for a contracted player with one week of trade period left which was just dumb.

We 100% took GC to the cleaners because they handled the situation like a bunch of amateurs.

Honestly, as a neutral, I was surprised at the time by how little Freo let Neale go for. I always rated him, and knew he was so close to reaching Brownlow-level (which is a serious possibility this year) so I'm not really sure where this perception is coming from of Freo being hard to deal with.

Neale went for unders (or fair if anything), Crozier went for unders (although it was arguably fair at time of trade) while Weller only went for Pick 2 because Freo took the perfect opportunity to trade a required player while Gold Coast held good currency. It was a great outcome for both sides

Honestly, as a neutral, I was surprised at the time by how little Freo let Neale go for. I always rated him, and knew he was so close to reaching Brownlow-level (which is a serious possibility this year) so I'm not really sure where this perception is coming from of Freo being hard to deal with.

Neale went for unders (or fair if anything), Crozier went for unders (although it was arguably fair at time of trade) while Weller only went for Pick 2 because Freo took the perfect opportunity to trade a required player while Gold Coast held good currency. It was a great outcome for both sides

Helped when weller asked to go to GC. They haven’t had much of that.
If I’m GC I’m ok with that trade tho. Will play 200+ games at the club.

Why do Freo need to win every single trade? Every year clubs do trades that are pretty fair. Yet you guys need to try and shaft another team? Probably the reason why over the last 10 years you couldn't land any big fish besides last year and the go home factor.

You wanna know why? Because go look at every trade from 1994-2006....

Yeah i am sure picks 3 and 19 for des headland in 2002 was a fair trade for freo. Hell, trading picks 11,27 and 45 for josh carr in 2004 was fair to freo as well.

Sorry, But I am sick and tired of seeing freo being on the bad end of trades.

What next? Pick 3 for cam mccarthy in 2016? LoL.

If anyone wanted pick 3 from us in 2016, you paid overs. Hence GWS got pick 3 from us. They gave up Cam, picks, 8, 32 and 72.

And yes I was very happy with our 3 players we got with those picks.

Brad Hill is contracted and playing decent footy. He is worth more than a future 6th rounder.

We had to let go of Neale as he wanted out.

Saying that.... Last year, Neale was averaging 30 disposals a game and no tall forward to kick too...

Had we kept neale for one more season, Freo would of got much less. Neale would of been a free agent.

If St Kilda wanna offer this bloke 1.2m a year then they are welcome to have him. Anything 800k or above is suspect. Hill is a good player but I am not willing to part with pick 2 for him anyway

If St Kilda wanna offer this bloke 1.2m a year then they are welcome to have him. Anything 800k or above is suspect. Hill is a good player but I am not willing to part with pick 2 for him anyway
St Kilda are not offering him 1.2 mil a year. That was reported by one Muppet in the WA media.

Every other report has been around 800k

Back