Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and no.

We flood the defensive 50 with 16 players with 2 players out.

It prevents other teams from getting a run on but at the same the ball keeps coming back in until their is a goal. Might take 10 minutes to happen.

For me, that makes you middle of the table and won’t win flag.

Also, our effort is A plus but our skills are D grade. Again, makes you competitive but it won’t win a flag.

We flood the 50 because 90% of our 1st choice backline and forward line is injured. Weren’t playing like that earlier this year.

But anyways. Back to hill.

He isn’t worth pick 6.

But that’s irrelevant, I hope Freo play hardball & think they should, leave the ball in St Kilda’s court pick 6 or nothing.

Similar to what Carlton did with Gibbs year 1, question for Freo is how will Hill respond to this, Carlton was lucky with Gibbs & he was professional and gave Carlton everything, leading to Adelaide paying way too much in year 2.

Do it Freo, stand up for yourself
He's currently the second best player at the dockers behind Fyfe and is 26 years of age. He's absolutely worth pick 6

I can assure you that he is not worth pick 6 and change.

I would be dissapointed if he nominates us and we offered up pick 6 alone. He isn't a match winner to demand that high a pick. Kept a close eye on him and is just a vanilla type who won't drag a team over the line. If anything Langdon had a better game than him against us.

Pick 6 gets you close to a absolute match winner when drafting. I can't see Hill being that. He is the Cherry on top of the cake, but not the foundation to build from.

Out of Interesting what would you rate Gaff compared to Hill with the same contract length etc.
See, I have never for the life of me figured out this whole "bird in the hand is definitely not worth one in the bush" type logic that I swear only exists on bigfooty. You have got most likely the best wingman in the country who is only 26 vs an untried draft pick (even at 6) and you would take the untried draft pick. Bloody baffles me.

He's currently the second best player at the dockers behind Fyfe and is 26 years of age. He's absolutely worth pick 6
Did you read my entire post? Or just the first sentence?

I went on to say Freo should accept nothing less than pick 6

I'd have Walters ahead of him any day to be honest. He can win his own footy and kicks goals.
they are different players but a
Based on the last 3 years - yep.
I know standings in best and fairests don't always count for much but he has already won a best and fairest (walters hasn't) and will finish higher in the best and fairest than walters this year. They are very different players - probably on par to be honest.

I don’t think we get hill without losing our first rounder but the fact we can’t trade it I believe without getting back into the first round means we have some work to do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that.

I went to the Essendon, Collingwood and St Kilda games and noticed the 16 man flooding.

On TV, you don’t see the whole structure.

Good thing I haven’t missed a home game this year :) see the structure weekly, and earlier in the year Freo held positions more. Never fully though. As they progressed and the injuries hit, we didn’t.

Funny how all the games you talked about there were all after injuries hit - minus the dons game.

You do realise Freo got pick 2 for a contracted lockie Weller right?

As has been said before you cant count that as a 'valuation'.
Everyone knows Gold Coast overpaid becuase they pay a premium for anyone willing to go there.

Hill is worth a lot more than Weller, but will attract a similar if not slightly less price.

Good thing I haven’t missed a home game this year :) see the structure weekly, and earlier in the year Freo held positions more. Never fully though. As they progressed and the injuries hit, we didn’t.

Funny how all the games you talked about there were all after injuries hit - minus the dons game.
Good. So you can explain to me why we play an extra man around the contest and leave ourselves outnumbered in the forwardline.

You won’t win a flag because you don’t have the cattle
Your skills are bad, because you don’t have the cattle.

Ross has done well to get you the wins you’ve got, the Fremantle supporters and the WA media, just completely overrated every player in a Freo jumper. Just like the WA media does with WCE. It’s always been the way the in WA

I’ll pop my nose in here, in relation to how you rate a team and it’s players.

We all need to go back to the start of the season and see where we thought teams would end up at the end of the season. When you look back, the consensus for Freo was 10 wins with improvements visible over the team.

That is about where Freo are at present, where Freo was expected. The media pumped Freo up after some good wins, but the jumped on them when the bottom fell out. In fact they will end up on par.

And still out numbered on the outside of the contest :)

Prob not the place for this but I’ll answer.
Can’t help you there. Scratch my head too. All my point was is that Freo were playing diff early in the season while trying to find the right forward set up & balance. Injuries haven’t helped so to keep us in it, they’ve gone back defensive.

Anyways, 3 firsts for hill?

Prob not the place for this but I’ll answer.
Can’t help you there. Scratch my head too. All my point was is that Freo were playing diff early in the season while trying to find the right forward set up & balance. Injuries haven’t helped so to keep us in it, they’ve gone back defensive.

Anyways, 3 firsts for hill?
If you mean 3 pick 1s then yes (actual picks not Kruezer). We might even send a future 4th back.

You won’t win a flag because you don’t have the cattle
Your skills are bad, because you don’t have the cattle.

Ross has done well to get you the wins you’ve got, the Fremantle supporters and the WA media, just completely overrated every player in a Freo jumper. Just like the WA media does with WCE. It’s always been the way the in WA

There is definitely an issue with ratings.

The Fremantle Squad currently averages pick #42 with 5 years on the list. That is worked out with the pre-draft players averaging as a mid first pick and all rookie picks being standardized at pick 80.

Carlton Squad average pick #34 with the exact same time on the list, 5.33 years.

There's your examples to mull over. The difference in the quality of the players able to be chosen at the available picks or attract them home.

I'll go through all the teams like this but I expect I'll see Fremantle over achieve for the average time on the list and the average pick able to take a player with compared to other clubs with more talent.

There is definitely an issue with ratings.

The Fremantle Squad currently averages pick #42 with 5 years on the list. That is worked out with the pre-draft players averaging as a mid first pick and all rookie picks being standardized at pick 80.

Carlton Squad average pick #34 with the exact same time on the list, 5.33 years.

There's your examples to mull over. The difference in the quality of the players able to be chosen at the available picks or attract them home.

I'll go through all the teams like this but I expect I'll see Fremantle over achieve for the average time on the list and the average pick able to take a player with compared to other clubs with more talent.
I don’t see how that’s relevant to my comment at all, average draft number? Wow that means nothing. Ranking teams based on a players under 18 performance?

But overall I was referring to the Fremantle response to Ross, but this isn’t the board for that

I don’t see how that’s relevant to my comment at all, average draft number? Wow that means nothing. Ranking teams based on a players under 18 performance?

But overall I was referring to the Fremantle response to Ross, but this isn’t the board for that
Well Freo has a significantly less talent filled list yet could still win half it's games for the year with a sizable number of players missing injured.

But Ross is the problem..

Back