Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brezsa

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Well Freo has a significantly less talent filled list yet could still win half it's games for the year with a sizable number of players missing injured.

But Ross is the problem..
If you read my comment I’m actually saying that the heat on Ross was unfounded 🤦‍♂️

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but the Saints are offering Blake Acres and a first round pick
I reckon they want to split their first pick and send one off with steak knives. Won’t happen whilst Hill is under contract

💯 Looking to swap pick 6 for two picks between 10-18

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon they want to split their first pick and send one off with steak knives. Won’t happen whilst Hill is under contract

They might want to, but not sure other teams will want to split with them. GWS 100% won’t.

Adelaide and GWS probably more a chance to split. GWS need a pick inside 5 so they can get a player ahead of the academy pick. Then Adelaide get a pick around the SA talent worth (Stephens around 10-15)

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
If it was just saints interested you could have got Hill for mid 1st rd but melb is known to have interest and lesser extent hawks, that drives the price up to a swap of pick6 for Hill...

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
You won’t win a flag because you don’t have the cattle
Your skills are bad, because you don’t have the cattle.

Ross has done well to get you the wins you’ve got, the Fremantle supporters and the WA media, just completely overrated every player in a Freo jumper. Just like the WA media does with WCE. It’s always been the way the in WA
Under Bollton Carlton didn't look like they had the talent, although it was obvious they did. Our skills are bad because Ross only rates effort not skill and then when they butcher their opportunities he laments their lack of skill and blames them for not putting in extra hours out of training. We have had 4 years of recruiting so if we supposedly don't have the cattle then the club has stuffed up. If Ross is copping it in the media, it is because of the contempt in which he has treated them in the past and because of the enemies he has made over here because of his boorish and dubious behaviours. He will do ok when we have a very good list, but so could most coaches. It didn't take a million dollars, and 15 years experience for Teague to improve your side, all without having to divide a whole club to get it.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
If it was just saints interested you could have got Hill for mid 1st rd but melb is known to have interest and lesser extent hawks, that drives the price up to a swap of pick6 for Hill...

I think it drives up what Hill may earn, and not the trade price.

Hill will be choosing his next club if he goes and not Freo.

Freo only decides if the deals are way to low and says no.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Does the contract size make any difference to the trade demand?

If he had a big offer from the saints and a smaller offer from the dees, for example, does freo decide that they’d be willing to accept less in a trade from the dees? I doubt it.

“Saints have to give us top 5 equivalent as they are paying him shitloads. But we will only need a top 10 pick from the dees because they are only paying him $700k.”

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Contract value frames trade value but it isn't absolute.

If St Kilda offer $1m and pick 6 compared to the Dees $750k and pick 2 then it's still ball park. Freo really just want the best deal for them, how much a club wants to pay Hill beyond 2019 is irrelevant once he's out the door. If Melbourne don't think he is worth pick 2 and are only prepared to part with pick 20 then salary is irrelevant because Freo won't consider the trade.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Blake Acres is a trade negative i.e. including him in the trade is just so the Saints can make cap space for Brad Hill's 1Million dollar salary.

Putting on my Damian Borrett hat:

Pick 6 + Future 1st + Blake Acres = Brad Hill

Maybe some flip flopping of picks but that's how I see the trade machinations working.

Yeh because we are so tight for cap space.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Blake Acres is a trade negative i.e. including him in the trade is just so the Saints can make cap space for Brad Hill's 1Million dollar salary.

Putting on my Damian Borrett hat:

Pick 6 + Future 1st + Blake Acres = Brad Hill

Maybe some flip flopping of picks but that's how I see the trade machinations working.
So basically, Brad Hill requires by far the largest trade price ever paid for a single player in AFL trading history?

Even Tom Boyd didn't cost that much

Back