Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL.

Hill is worth a first rounder.

The bartering will be whether it is just pick 5/ 6, or that pick with something back to the Saints.

Hill is a good player, but he is not two first rounder good.
It's not 2005, Grandpa. We live in an era where Dylan Shiel is worth two first rounders. Brad Hill has a longer contract, and is clearly more important to Fremantle than Shiel was to GWS.

It's not 2005, Grandpa. We live in an era where Dylan Shiel is worth two first rounders. Brad Hill has a longer contract, and is clearly more important to Fremantle than Shiel was to GWS.

And in an era when Mitchell went to the Hawks for pick No.14 and an exchange of later picks.

Yes Dons got excited and paid overs. What pick 8 and 12?, and got second rounder back. True mids are worth more than wingers though.

Kelly will get two first rounders as he is a true mid and a better player. But both picks will not be early ones.

You are basically proposing that Hill will be traded for more than either Shiel or Kelly, which simply will not happen.

Last edited:
Bras Hill offered $900k. Could be more if Carlton don't land Cogs.

What's Shiel on?

LOL at thinking $$ alone determine trade value. We will pay him more than a club at the top of the ladder. We have heaps of salary cap and so the extra $$$ are pretty irrelevant as we have to spend at least 95% anyway.

Whereas early picks is a limited supply, and our first rounder this year and next are worth more than one Hill. We would just use the picks ourselves or do another trade Crouch may be good.

No other club will give you 2 first rounders for Hill either. Either a reasonable trade deal gets done or he stays.

You are basically stating that we will give you the picks to get Kelly, when Kelly is way more valuable than Hill. You will let Hill go to us as he will provide part of what you need to get Kelly.

And in an era when Mitchell went to the Hawks for pick No.14 and an exchange of later picks.
Why are you bringing up Mitchell? He was an uncontracted player in 2016.

Yes Dons got excited and paid overs. What pick 8 and 12?, and got second rounder back. True mids are worth more than wingers though.

Kelly will get two first rounders as he is a true mid and a better player. But both picks will not be early ones.

Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy. Classic.

Firstly, don’t avoid the swear filter.

And yes, very confident we’d say no to that deal.

The only way we’d do it is if Fisher wanted out, and there’s absolutely no indication that he does.

If Freo came to you and asked for Zac Fisher in a straight swap for Brad Hill—-they’d be driving him to the airport themselves up the Tulla falling over themselves.

Don’t insult football fans’ intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

Now Fisher may not want to go but you’d bet your bottom dollar the club would be forcing him out if that offer was on the table from Freo.

LOL at thinking $$ alone determine trade value. We will pay him more than a club at the top of the ladder. We have heaps of salary cap and so the extra $$$ are pretty irrelevant as we have to spend at least 95% anyway.

Whereas early picks is a limited supply, and our first rounder this year and next are worth more than one Hill. We would just use the picks ourselves or do another trade Crouch may be good.

No other club will give you 2 first rounders for Hill either. Either a reasonable trade deal gets done or he stays.

You are basically stating that we will give you the picks to get Kelly, when Kelly is way more valuable than Hill. You will let Hill go to us as he will provide part of what you need to get Kelly.
Geez, that was a waste of 60 seconds

What motivation does Fremantle have to accept a reasonable deal?

Tim Kelly and Bryce Gibbs are proof that players who are held to contract can still perform and hold their value 12 months later.

If Freo came to you and asked for Zac Fisher in a straight swap for Brad Hill—-they’d be driving him to the airport themselves up the Tulla falling over themselves.

We wouldn’t though.

What we would do, is politely decline, and look to do the deal with picks.

We’re not going to actively trade out any of the young talent we’ve accumulated over the past few years.

Don’t insult football fans’ intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

I’m not insulting anyone.

I am though suggesting you clearly don’t understand what we’ve done over the past few years, and why we’ve done it.

We have invested very heavily in the draft to ensure we’ve got a young core capable of taking us forward, and Fisher is a big part of that.

We’re not now going to trade a big piece at first opportunity, for someone we clearly could get using other means.

Now Fisher may not want to go but you’d bet your bottom dollar the club would be forcing him out if that offer was on the table from Freo.

I can guarantee we wouldn’t. But I’m not taking money from you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn’t though.

What we would do, is politely decline, and look to do the deal with picks.

We’re not going to actively trade out any of the young talent we’ve accumulated over the past few years.

I’m not insulting anyone.

I am though suggesting you clearly don’t understand what we’ve done over the past few years, and why we’ve done it.

We have invested very heavily in the draft to ensure we’ve got a young core capable of taking us forward, and Fisher is a big part of that.

We’re not now going to trade a big piece at first opportunity, for someone we clearly could get using other means.

I can guarantee we wouldn’t. But I’m not taking money from you.

I love guarantees from my BigFooty brethren. Just last week I was guaranteed Ross Lyon would be coaching the FFC in 2020 and that I'd better get used to that fact!

A bit like how Richmond fans arrogantly insisted there's no way Gold Coast were getting pick 6 for Prestia?

Two first round picks will be the only way I'd be happy letting Hill go. I just don't think it will happen!

I would be more than happy to keep him in Perth for another year, it's not like he has 3 children under 3 years of age and absolutely no family support to lean on!

Expecting a contracted gun player like Hill to be traded much less is wishful on your part.
Wishful thinking to think we wouldn't have to give up 2 first rounders for him?

I strongly disagree.

Time will tell I guess. He might not even end up at the Saints, but I doubt that whatever club gets him gives up that much for an outside player.

Wishful thinking to think we wouldn't have to give up 2 first rounders for him?

I strongly disagree.

Time will tell I guess. He might not even end up at the Saints, but I doubt that whatever club gets him gives up that much for an outside player.

Club's don't have to give up that for an outside player, like Langdon.

For B.Hill under contract for 2 more years Freo would gain nothing letting him go for just a pick 6-10.

Hopefully clubs baulk at a high price offer and B.Hill stays at Fremantle.

Club's don't have to give up that for an outside player, like Langdon.

For B.Hill under contract for 2 more years Freo would gain nothing letting him go for just a pick 6-10.

Hopefully clubs baulk at a high price offer and B.Hill stays at Fremantle.
I never said a club wouldn't have to give up a top 10 pick.

I did say a club wouldn't have to give up two of them though.

I never said a club wouldn't have to give up a top 10 pick.

I did say a club wouldn't have to give up two of them though.

I never said you did.

I don't think a club gives up 2 x top 10 picks for B.Hill. I can see a situation where a club gives a currenttop 10 pick and a future 1st rounder with something coming back.

My point is that Fremantle would be stupid to give B.Hill up for a pick 6-10 alone.

It just doesn't make sense for the club.

Back