Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross only went in in the kast quarter didn't he?

It seemed to be Hunter or Carlisle rucking, with Bytel, Dunstan, Steele and Crouch rotating.

Surprised they didn't get done 900 points to be honest.

That's arguably the worst midfield I've ever seen step out on a footy ground.
I raise you a Kelly, Sheed, Redden, Gaff, Naitanui who got destroyed by the same midfield you posted in a half last week

What did the saints pay for this guy? Lucky we had a 900k player fall in our lap for next to nothing, his old club pays 1/3rd, and he actually gathers the pill and impacts games.

Did Hill even lay a tackle tonight? Can't remember if he did. He's a downhill skier and a clear example of a club adding the icing before they've built the cake.
he didnt lay one tackle

Brad Hill is playing like a shadow of himself, but he's not alone on the St Kilda team. The side has been put together with a cheque book and looks more like a team of individuals, as opposed to a team that plays for one another.
It's how carlton played under ratten too. Absolutely unstoppable when on but fell apart when it wasn't working.

Loved him as a player, really hoped his time at hawthorn would round out his style.

Remember, Saints had that warchest saved and they had to use it. It was money that had to be spent.
How much do you get fined for not meeting the salary cap? Because if it’s less than 900,000 dollars, they’re better off sacking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pretty damning footage:

That is infuriating. Drop the chest mark, bad enough but everyone makes skill errors from time to time. But for *s sake follow up you're s**t effort and try and put the tackle on! That is footy 101. We were still in the game at that point too. Weak as piss.

Even if Brad Hill was in amazing form, a player in his role should not be earning more than 600K IMO. It's an icing-on-the-cake position and not a reliable contributor.

St Kilda will be unable to genuinely compete for the flag while his current contract is on their books. They desperately need another star.

Josh Kelly would be perfect. He is available at the end of the year and would complement Steele perfectly - but St Kilda don't have the cap space for him because of Brad Hill.

What a mess.

Maybe Clarko can get him going again at the Hawks next year. Saints pay a chunk of a salary dump and Hawks get the outside runner replacement for Isaac Smith. Perfect.

And I remember a couple of Saints supporters telling me he wasn't soft...... Bloke is scared of his own shadow.

Let's be serious no player to ever take the AFL field is soft..
Every game all players take massive hits and get crunched putting their heads over the ball and get up and go again..

All the keyboard warriors on here.. If a ball was coming at you in the middle of the MCG, you'd s**t your pants..

Hill for mine just looks lazy and out of form..
The moment last night when he dropped that chest mark in defence in the second quarter.. When Saints were hanging in there..
He stood there and watched Pickett pick up the ground ball run off and kick the goal, that's when the momentum totally shifted and the flood gates opened.

His effort is very conditional and lazy..
To make opinions worse, add on top of that he is getting paid $900,000 a year and cost Acres, Henry and Frederick

Let's be serious no player to ever take the AFL field is soft..
Every game all players take massive hits and get crunched putting their heads over the ball and get up and go again..

All the keyboard warriors on here.. If a ball was coming at you in the middle of the MCG, you'd sh*t your pants..

Hill for mine just looks lazy and out of form..
The moment last night when he dropped that chest mark in defence in the second quarter.. When Saints were hanging in there..
He stood there and watched Pickett pick up the ground ball run off and kick the goal, that's when the momentum totally shifted and the flood gates opened.

His effort is very conditional and lazy..
To make opinions worse, add on top of that he is getting paid $900,000 a year and cost Acres, Henry and Frederick
Yeah na mate Hill is soft as *. Just like his older brother, also its not my job to be paid $900k per year and s**t myself at the slightest contest or bit of body on body pressure. He's soft and lazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back