Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

Which meant BHilly played some good footy for us but it also meant that there was a fair amount of circle work going on at times.

Yes, that's where St Kilda have to work out the balance. I didn't see Geelong vs St Kilda yesterday, but I saw the St Kilda vs Gold Csoast game. There were a lot of times in the final quarter of that game when the scores were close where Hill gave the short option and was ignored or ran around the back for the first receive handball and wasn't used, but St Kilda still got the win.

He has that hard run that gains a team 120m of forward ground with the get-give-receive-run-pass, to open up play from congestion by getting through the defensive traps and breaking out into space. At Fremantle the instructions probably went over the top, and a little to the detriment of other players in the team not being given the responsibility to make a decision with ball use.

Last edited:

Gotta use him better. The amount of times he should get the ball and doesn’t is ridiculous. Watch him close...he runs his arse off to get into good positions but gets ignored or missed. We need him delivering the footy into forward 50 if we want to achieve anything

I don't wanna rip too hard into the guy but he is seriously a pathetic footballer. He is that pissweak he wouldn't win a contested ball in AFLW. If he's not getting the cheap out the back handball then he's just useless. The softest player I've ever seen play league footy. If he had the kicking skills of a guy like Stewie Dew you could probably justify him being on an AFL list but he doesn't.
Not rip too hard?

you’d give a good spray.

Gotta use him better. The amount of times he should get the ball and doesn’t is ridiculous. Watch him close...he runs his arse off to get into good positions but gets ignored or missed. We need him delivering the footy into forward 50 if we want to achieve anything

And turns out he was crook last night

Dunno about overweight and soft, but he's always been pretty overrated due to the club he used to play for.

He's a Tom Scully,Jared Polec,Isaac Smith level player with a bigger media profile.

I was pretty concerned when we traded for him that he was coming over here to settle into a nice retirement after achieving everything he'd wanted out of football. He ended up playing so well I quickly had to admit I was wrong.

Maybe I was just a few years and one club too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gonna go harder but I decided to ease off a bit.
Hill may well be soft no arguments here but you do realise how many downhill skiers Essendon currently have in there starting team we’re completely dominated around the ball buy a young Gold Coast team the score board flattered you this bombers team is one of the softest in your clubs history

Hill may well be soft no arguments here but you do realise how many downhill skiers Essendon currently have in there starting team we’re completely dominated around the ball buy a young Gold Coast team the score board flattered you this bombers team is one of the softest in your clubs history
Yeah ummm this is a bit embarrassing. We won the contested ball and lost clearances by 6......"dominated" ok👍👍
29 to 18 inside 50's in the second half (our way) "young gold coast team" their midfield was Greenwood, Swallow, Miller, Weller and Ellis......so young!!
Absolutely humiliated yourself 👏👏👏

Attachments

• 20200813_124053.jpg
    20200813_124053.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 48
Yeah ummm this is a bit embarrassing. We won the contested ball and lost clearances by 6......"dominated" ok👍👍
29 to 18 inside 50's in the second half (our way) "young gold coast team" their midfield was Greenwood, Swallow, Miller, Weller and Ellis......so young!!
Gold Coast should have won had a number of opportunity’s to win the game Essendon were very lucky to get away with a draw this is the main problem with Essendon supporters still believe your a contender when you can’t even get over the line against a young developing team everyone knows your midfield is one of the softest in the comp yet you refuse to recruit the type of players needed 😂

I feel very confident st kilda will put you to the sword this wknd 👍

Gold Coast should have won had a number of opportunity’s to win the game Essendon were very lucky to get away with a draw this is the main problem with Essendon supporters still believe your a contender when you can’t even get over the line against a young developing team everyone knows your midfield is one of the softest in the comp yet you refuse to recruit the type of players needed 😂
Our midfield is actually pretty good considering how undersized they are.
Don't think we're a contender at all but after seeing you guys get absolutely smacked by geelong, I know you guys aren't either

He is a great outside runner with average footy skills.
Looks good when he is passed the ball.
Still think he needs to lift his defensive game given the amount he is being played.

He is a great outside runner with average footy skills.
Looks good when he is passed the ball.
Still think he needs to lift his defensive game given the amount he is being played.
Very strange post hills definitely has his weaknesses but skills isn’t one of them has some of the best foot skills in the competitive for hitting targets especially on the run

He was a great player the last few years with Freo (and before that with Hawks). People are too eager to get stuck into him and forget the last 6 years. He’ll come good for the saints I’m sure - if not maybe we can take him back for peanuts in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back