Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I agree that he's underperformed this year but he's not slow or unfit.

Even if you just look at this game right now, he currently has 29 sprints which is the most on the ground. 2nd place only has 18. He also has the most repeat sprints, furthest distance ran at high speed and the fastest recorded sprint.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
How much was he paid at Freo last year? How much was he due to earn this year at Freo?
Don't know but comparitvly speaking it wasnt much for a player of his ability/his current output at the time but that was only due to his contract at the time being heavily front loaded hence him all of a sudden needing to get "home" to Victoria for his wag missus when the money dropped I his last 2 seasons- See Bryce Gibbs
Surely Freo would tell him to get stuffed.
Depends what he d want contract wise...granted I wouldn't be offering him much but then I'm a vindictive campaigner ;)

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
I agree that he's underperformed this year but he's not slow or unfit.

Even if you just look at this game right now, he currently has 29 sprints which is the most on the ground. 2nd place only has 18. He also has the most repeat sprints, furthest distance ran at high speed and the fastest recorded sprint.
Stop bringing facts to arguments!

Weird thread, played one of his best games for us tonight.

Thread stinks of a Hawthorn supporter pissed off that he left them for a premiership contender.

Sometimes you don’t appreciate what you’ve got until its gone.

Hill is a quality player. I wish he was still at Hawthorn.

What has happened to Brad Hill. He looks a shadow of the player he was at Freo and also at St.Kilda in rd 1. Softness is not the be-all and end-all deficiency it once was. But there is no excuse for the body shape he is lugging around. He is on huge coin too.
Agreed, but we’re still winning with him hardly contributing so I’ll take that :)

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

Still very unfit though. Some in the know told me he is secretly switching his GPS with Jack Steele so his numbers still look good and he can sit on the couch all week.

Good thread. Well thought out and researched.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Weird thread, played one of his best games for us tonight.

Thread stinks of a Hawthorn supporter pissed off that he left them for a premiership contender.
I love Hilly and wish him all the best, desperately miss him and thing he is a star.

He left us for the Dockers though... Not much of a premiership contender.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Overweight? He's one of the fittest players in the game.

You can be fat but still have a decent endurance base. Dane Swan was never ripped, but could run all day. Jarrod Pickett ran a 14+ beep test in his draft year and was a little tubby.

On the whole Hill hasn’t performed anywhere near his salary, but did anyone expect him to? St Kilda needed to offer him a monstrous figure to pique his interest in joining.

If St Kilda were languishing at the bottom I’d hazard a guess he’d be the first one targeted in the media.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd like to see him do more, but there is still plenty of time for him to impact this season.

Something that is also overlooked, but he does draw a lot of attention from others teams defence as someone they have to cover and control.

The benefit of this is that it unlocks other players like Jack Steele and Hunter Clark, who are tearing it up this season.

Back