Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Should you be paying 900k for a player that relies on being the ball to be effective?
You tell me do you think Dylan Shiel is worth what you’re paying him?

matty lloyd the champ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
You tell me do you think Dylan Shiel is worth what you’re paying him?
What has my comment got to do with Essendon and Dylan Shiel? Does me being an Essendon supporter invalidate my comment?

Shiel is overpaid and not worth 2 first rounders. Hill is also overpaid and not worth what was given up for him.

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
What has my comment got to do with Essendon and Dylan Shiel? Does me being an Essendon supporter invalidate my comment?

Shiel is overpaid and not worth 2 first rounders. Hill is also overpaid and not worth what was given up for him.

Agreed on both, both teams overpaid trade and salary cap wise, but you’ve got to overpay to bring in talented players when you’re not going too well. I don’t think we’ll overpay B. Crouch now though...

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

My point exactly you go through any list in the comp and there will be over paid players that’s the nature of having a salary cap as in hill and Shiels case to get them out of there current clubs you needed to pay overs they are both also more icing on the cake type players put them both in top 4 midfields and you would see very different players

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not a bad set of a steak knives in the Dougal Howard deal.

Obviously if you're Hill and wanting to come back to Victoria you take the club that offers you a truck load of cash but it is a surprise he's with a Docklands based side. He's far more chance of making an impact on the MCG.

Worth a go from Ratten but getting him to camp out at half back is a bit of a cop out. Meant he kept getting the ball - just to give it back. His best work is always the constant run through the wings and forward not hanging out spare behind the play.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Racks up all his possessions in the back pocket.
I just had a look at his stats. Averages 20 disposals. ( 19.51 )

He kicks the ball a lot. A lot of his disposals over his career are kicks. He doesn't penetrate, he doesn't kick anywhere near enough goals for the position he plays. Kicks are not damaging at all. Gets a lot of ball around defensive 50. Why doesn't he use his weapon, weapon being his tank to run and carry? Make multiple efforts? He is soft, he doesn't tackle. Last season he had only 20 tackles in a season where contested footy was the norm. Over his 169 game career he only averages 2 tackles per game as a wingman.

For 900k you could do so much ******* better.

Tom12

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
I just had a look at his stats. Averages 20 disposals. ( 19.51 )

He kicks the ball a lot. A lot of his disposals over his career are kicks. He doesn't penetrate, he doesn't kick anywhere near enough goals for the position he plays. Kicks are not damaging at all. Gets a lot of ball around defensive 50. Why doesn't he use his weapon, weapon being his tank to run and carry? Make multiple efforts? He is soft, he doesn't tackle. Last season he had only 20 tackles in a season where contested footy was the norm. Over his 169 game career he only averages 2 tackles per game as a wingman.

For 900k you could do so much ******* better.

Jared Polec to be sure.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Easiest of targets. Hill had a bad game tonight, but he'll bounce back.
Runs hard, draws attention.
Runs hard. Woah problem solved. You're paying a guy who runs hard 900k. What does he do, he's soft, doesn't hurt you on the scoreboard. Runs hard though.

Back