Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

80% would be a hell of a difference. that means of the 13 million, 80 percent of that is only 10.4 million dollars.

If you follow basketball, I love the ways draft picks and the contracts are used. And its similar to what you said.

In the NBA, 1st round picks are given 3 year deals and 2nd rounders 2 year deals.

However.... Im going to use Allen Iverson as an example.

Allen Iverson was the number 1 pick chosen by Philadephia 76ers. He was given a 3 year deal at 3 million a year. I forgot who the number 2 pick was but that player was given a 3 year deal at 2.8 million a year.

Kobe Bryant was pick 13 and Steve Nash was pick 15 and both were given 3 year deals at 2 million a year. The final pick of that draft only got a 2 year deal at $500,000 a year.

I think last seasons pick 1 got a 3 year deal at 6 or 7 million a year.

I think there are other rules as well.... If A 1st round pick is good and wants to stay, they can re negotiatie their contracts after their 2nd season is done. So by the 3rd season, they can sign 3-4 year extension and from their 3rd season at the club, be on more wages on their intital contract.

Point is, I dont mind that.

I would increase 1st rounder contracts on 3 years and possibly 2nd rounders too. Actually, Increase the 1st round and 2nd wages to $300,000 a year for 3 years. 3rd and 4th rounders have 2 year deals on $200,000 a year then 5th rounders onwards should be on 2 year deals at $100,000 a year. Rookie picks should be on $100,000 a year too.

Correct but they are 5 year deals with 4th year a team option and 5th year a player option for all lottery picks.
By dropping the mom salary spend it means
Botto
Of list players are not overpaid just to meet cap requirement.
If a team wants to bottom out let them. Because the current system doesn’t allow for a quick turn around

Correct but they are 5 year deals with 4th year a team option and 5th year a player option for all lottery picks.
By dropping the mom salary spend it means
Botto
Of list players are not overpaid just to meet cap requirement.
If a team wants to bottom out let them. Because the current system doesn’t allow for a quick turn around
To a degree it might apply on American Soccer with the salary cap and draft picks.....

Still..... that would be interesting giving 1st round picks $300,000 a year for 2 years. Gives then a chance to buy a house almost instantly or worse case scenario use some of that money on a uni degree if they only last 4-6 years in the system

The Saints comeback was off the back of Steele, Crouch and Marshall. Even Zak Jones while he turned it over a bit won a bunch of clearances.

I remembered that post you wrote on the saints board after the loss to Essendon. LoL.

How your son threw his saints shirt away and thought about barraking for Freo dockers lol

I tell you dude, it’s been touch and go all week and this win got us out of the danger zone.

I don’t think we are clear just yet though....

He does have soft spot for the Dockers though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably his best game in a Saints jumper, actually put his body on the line for once and laid a few tackles as well as using his pace and attacking flair.

Hopefully that type of performance becomes the norm for him rather than the exception.

Brad Hill trending on twitter. Haven't been watching the game but given the score I assume he's having another stinker

Do the Saints already start doing some work in the background to get him off their books ala Treloar?

Not worth half his pay packet on current form.

Them getting smashed in the contest isn't Hill's fault. Hill looking like half a shadow of the player he was is on him though.
Outside midfielders look trash if they are not feed the ball.

Fremantle gamestyle under Lyon heavier looked for Hill.

St Kilda don’t look for him last year and it’s showing in Hills application and body language.

Saints also eat their own, worst in the league. That’s got to some affect over 2years.

That lazy missed chest mark at half back where he just went to ground and didn't put any pressure on Pickett was pretty damning vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back