News Brad Hill requests trade to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only knocks on him as a person are the assault charge, the fine for driving while suspended, and being present during an alleged rape. We already have a guy who had an alleged drug/alcohol problem, and a guy who did time for burglary. So I figure we're just completing the set.

I have my doubts on him too. I think that being in a good team makes him look better. His output early in the year was Suban/DP like - and only when it came out that he was looking to move home did his form improve. I think he'll slot into that DP role, including being an occasional scapegoat labelled as soft.

If we take the angle that he's had a lot of external distractions, and if he had focus back he'd be a better player and more consistently aligned with how he ended the season, then yeah he's a risk worth taking. The downside is that he doesn't get better, and just ends up being a DP/Suban level player.

Check out this thread on the hawks board - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/brad-hill-im-sorry.1138346/

Reminds me a bit of our D Pearce / Suban / Ibbo / Mayne / Ballas threads .... play a good game and we're all celebrating and cautiously optimistic that they've turned a corner and found form. I think it's in that space that he'll sit for us.
Sounds dp all over again. Lol. Should have just kept Clancy on the list

Hey guys. Now that you have pick 7. Just wondering if there is any possible chance trade for it and what we would need to do.

Im thinking something like hill, litherland and 14 is a good starting point?
Maybe there could be a surprise out?

Hey guys. Now that you have pick 7. Just wondering if there is any possible chance trade for it and what we would need to do.

You can have a massive glass of hell no

Sincerely doubt that we'll downgrade again. We've got an eye on someone likely to be around at 7. We won't be giving it up IMO.

Yeah, like they said, I'd say there's next to no chance that 7 will be downgraded.

It will be the 2nd rounders (the GWS' old 34 and maybe 23 that we might get for Mayne) that will be coming out of the wallet for trade discussions. Anything higher will be out of bounds.

Probably impossible considering we already downgraded it, Rioli + Hill if you wanna play fantasies :D

Hahahaha. Yeah no. Neither player is worth anywhere near that, and combining them doesn't increase their value that much. Whoever we get at pick 7 has way more potential than either Hill or Litherland because there's a chance that the kid could become a star.

Maaaaan why are people knocking him. He may have had a poor season on his accord but wow he has speed.

In 2013 we were debating who had the better Hill !

He is fast, a good kick and can kick goals.

Hill, McCartht, Bennell, Fyfe, Yarran. Oh s**t i just made a mess

Can just imagine Bruce creaming himself over the hill brothers and sunshine

Maaaaan why are people knocking him. He may have had a poor season on his accord but wow he has speed.

In 2013 we were debating who had the better Hill !

He is fast, a good kick and can kick goals.

Hill, McCartht, Bennell, Fyfe, Yarran. Oh s**t i just made a mess

Looking at highlights will tell you that Suban, DP, Ibbo, Dawson, Mayne, Ballas, C Pearce, Mzungu, De Boer would be amazing gets for any team. I prefer looking at the feedback of supporters who watch the players much more closely (and then take it with a grain of salt).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got pick 23 and say goodbye again.

If pick 23 turn out to be better than b.hill. i will never forget it .

If someone asked me: "Would you trade Mayne for Brad Hill in a straight swap?" I'd probably say 'yes'.

Just have to forget about pick 23 - pretend like we never had it.

Depends. If something was pre-agreed upon then yes we should trade 23. Otherwise at the very least we should try to use a late 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back