Traded Brad Hill [traded to Fremantle for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo got him reasonably cheap. Until the Mitchell deal happened I thought 7 for Hill + 14 might have been an option. Pretty handy running brigade Freo have got now with S Hill, B Hill, Bennell, Walters, S Yarran, Pearce and Tucker. Looks like they might round out their KPP stocks by the end of the trade period too. Smart list management.

All the teams talked about as being active in trade period have been active.

Wow...

Teams are loathe to be pro-active for fear of seeming too keen & getting ripped-off.

We set the tone by kicking off the 2012 trade period with Lake, 2013 with McEvoy & 2014 for Frawley.

Dithering gets you no-where.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And 23 straight to GC, then back to freo in exchange for barlow.
Hawks did well we could of pushed for 34 we are to nice but hopefully that pays off in the future

Freo fans get a good one here.
Just keep your eye on this kid and the amount of running he does to not only present but drag opponents out of their defensive shape.

He will always remain a premiership Hawk loved by many at the club, and I wish him well.

In a 2 week trade period, it makes absolutely no difference if you do it on the first day or the last day, unless other trades are missed as a result.

Nope....Plenty of trades have been missed via clubs dragging their heels or digging them in....You're misinformed.

Often because they were dependent on other deals falling before them.

Nope....Plenty of trades have been missed via clubs dragging their heels or digging them in....You're misinformed.

Often because they were dependent on other deals falling before them.
How am I misinformed? I said 'unless other trades are missed as a result'. I just don't think this is so worthy of patting yourselves on the back because you did it today not next week.

FWIW I think Freo have done very well here. Mayne for Hill is a win. Hawks got unders but their hands were tied with Hill wanting out.

I think Freo get the better of this trade but that generally happens when a player wants out and announces a club. Hill's 2016 was disappointing but at his best he is one of the best running midfielders in the game. People have short memories and forget how good he was during 2014 and 2015 and he is still only 23.

While I think pick 23 is slight unders, i'm ok with the deal. Freo have effectively swapped Mayne for Hill which is exceptional player movements.

I wish Hill well but not too well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back