Traded Brad Hill [traded to Fremantle for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

How am I misinformed? I said 'unless other trades are missed as a result'. I just don't think this is so worthy of patting yourselves on the back because you did it today not next week.

FWIW I think Freo have done very well here. Mayne for Hill is a win. Hawks got unders but their hands were tied with Hill wanting out.

It's also interesting how the footy media bitch & moan & kick up a stink, over clubs getting the max out of us & holding us to ransom over the O'Meara & Mitchell deals.....Meanwhile, we facilitate the moves of Hill & Mitchell over to the west, with nary a whimper out of em....Hypocrisy much.

We have also been the fairest club to deal with this past decade & are always pro-active & up-front......The footy media are clearly #head*ed.

Pick 23 is probably close to his market value, I don't think it's his value to Freo but sometimes you just need to get the trade done.

Hawks should be happy to get pick 23 for someone whose last two B&F results have been 15th and 19th

Just curious, what sort of reception would he get if we play at the G next year? Mostly positive or would their be a bit of booing?

Hopeful Hawthorn supporters: pick 16 in value
Hopeful Dockers supporters: Pick 34

Neutral and reasonable supporters (and what is has been since Collingwood tabled a monster offer): Mayne compo at pick 22

WRONG

It was 23

I think Freo get the better of this trade but that generally happens when a player wants out and announces a club. Hill's 2016 was disappointing but at his best he is one of the best running midfielders in the game. People have short memories and forget how good he was during 2014 and 2015 and he is still only 23.

While I think pick 23 is slight unders, i'm ok with the deal. Freo have effectively swapped Mayne for Hill which is exceptional player movements.

I wish Hill well but not too well.

Pick 23 could end being a quality player for the future. Maybe a needs based player or a flop but it gives Hawks a chance of someone promising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 23 could end being a quality player for the future. Maybe a needs based player or a flop but it gives Hawks a chance of someone promising
Rotham and battle and other WA talent they can get with this pick.

Two things.

Subiaco is all but gone and the new ground doesn't have skinny wings.

Jetta played pretty much as expected by all apart from a few Eagles fans and their recruitment team.

1st point is great, Oversight by me.

2nd point is the Freo fan who hates WCE speaking, Jetta is a better player than what we saw, And I think the ground dimensions were a factor albeit just 1 part of his drop off in quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back