Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Flown under the radar tbh, but statistically a pretty average start for him compared to his pre-season form.

Flown under the radar tbh, but statistically a pretty average start for him compared to his pre-season form.

It's only been 2 games FFS.

Let's come back and revisit these type of trade threads in 6 weeks or so, especially after the long layoff between rounds 1 and 2, its hard to get a proper gauge, but The Saints certainly look a better team with Hill in it anyhow.

It's only been 2 games FFS.

Let's come back and revisit these type of trade threads in 6 weeks or so, especially after the long layoff between rounds 1 and 2, its hard to get a proper gauge, but The Saints certainly look a better team with Hill in it anyhow.

Jesus, relax.

I wasn't critiquing the trade value, was merely passing comment on his initial 2 rounds, which make up over 10% of the season currently. He was on fire in the pre-season.

His numbers are certainly down.

It's not main board worthy and it's the only place to discuss it outside of the St Kilda board.

I'm not concerned. He's come from a team where there was a heavy reliance on the star power of himself, Fyfe and Walters. We don't have that same elite talent but we have a more even spread across our midfield. He won't get looked for in the same way he did previously so I reckon it'll just be an adjusting period. He'll also be getting more attention than he did previously from the opposition. If we consistently play like we did on the weekend (big if), opposition teams will have to devote more time to Billings, Gresham etc. As mentioned above, the shorter quarters don't help him as an endurance runner. Short quarters also mean that he will of course find less footy than normal, as will the vast majority of players, so judging him statistically in comparison to last year is a flawed measure. Eg. on the weekend he played 80 minutes, whereas he normally would play around 100. 19 touches in 80 minutes is pretty good really.

Shorter games will hurt him, He would usually be running all over opponents in the 4th but now they might be able to keep up.
This is similar to Langdon and Tomlinson at Melbourne. They get the crap end of the deal with shorter quarters. Langdon being an accumulator helps him as he still finds a bit of the footy.

Hill has been pretty poor last couple of weeks. They really need to get the ball in his hands more. Not many can pull off the kicks he does.

I definitely buy into that shortened quarters is killing outside mids whose hard running and conservation of energy is no longer much of a strength compared to the rest of the pack, but gee it's proving difficult to watch Hill's form unfold at St Kilda. He simply has so add more strings to his bow this year.

St Kilda making out like bandits here, they have our 3rd best player from last year and we have......

Blake Acres.

Anyone calling B.Hill soft should watch that bloke play, he's afraid of his own shadow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda making out like bandits here, they have our 3rd best player from last year and we have......

Blake Acres.

Anyone calling B.Hill soft should watch that bloke play, he's afraid of his own shadow.
Would you believe Acres was the most beloved player on the Saints board over the last 5 years. You would have thought he was the second coming of Gary Ablett Jnr, they way some of the posters used to gargle his nuts.

Blake Acres.

I won't deny Brad Hill has had a solid season. What about the picks and players Freo got in that trade?

Blake Arces has been dropped. Aish has been solid. And that pick 10..... Did that end up the pick we got young, serong or Henry?

Would you believe Acres was the most beloved player on the Saints board over the last 5 years. You would have thought he was the second coming of Gary Ablett Jnr, they way some of the posters used to gargle his nuts.
Freo has seen the best and worst of Acres this season.

I dont mind him.

Hoping in 2021, Acres, Fyfe, Cerra, Brayshaw and serong do well in the middle

Well fair to say he was a spectator for most of the finals.

He'd better shine like he's expected to in the longer games next year or else he's not been worth pick 10 and a big chunk of cap space.
I reckon he'll come good. Lots of players have a below par season. Most outside mids struggled this season, then came good late.

Saints will use Hill more next year, they'll make his run and carry, plus ball use a priority over summer.

I reckon he'll come good. Lots of players have a below par season. Most outside mids struggled this season, then came good late.

Saints will use Hill more next year, they'll make his run and carry, plus ball use a priority over summer.

I'm far from calling him a bust, but he needs to have a massively improved 2021 before he comes close to being worth what he's cost us.

And that's coming from someone who was all in favour of getting him at his pricetag.

I can only imagine what those who were sceptics of getting him thought of his performance this year!

What the hell happened to him? Has been shocking this season. At least you can blame last year on covid and not being able to train properly

Back