Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Contracted to end of 2021 but it is being widely reported that he will request a trade back to the Hawks. I'm sure other clubs will be making a play for him as well, considering his age, skill set and current contract length this guy would be worth a lot at the trade table.

One top 6-7 draft pick and one later first rounder get it done?

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Contracted to end of 2021 but it is being widely reported that he will request a trade back to the Hawks. I'm sure other clubs will be making a play for him as well, considering his age, skill set and current contract length this guy would be worth a lot at the trade table.

One top 6-7 draft pick and one later first rounder get it done?
I love Hill but you think he is worth a top 6 pick and another first rounder???

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
For us I would be very tempted, we are in desperate need of an A grade outside runner, one of the few holes on our list looking to 2020 and beyond.
Fair enough mate, i rate him very highly but if that is the asking price we would probably have to pass. Not in a position to give up that sort of currency for a player of his type.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Fair enough mate, i rate him very highly but if that is the asking price we would probably have to pass. Not in a position to give up that sort of currency for a player of his type.
Our Fages and Hodgey may be able to convince him that life and footy is sweet in Brisbane.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
We were perfectly reasonable in our trade dealings with Freo. If he wants to leave then why stand in his way? At least Freo get something in return rather than a disgruntled player who will walk for nothing at the end of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I agree with the sentiment but he is an improved player and they would rightfully ask for more than what they received. Would kinda hope they would not play hardball over him considering we were very reasonable in dealing him to them for reasons outside of football.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
To play with his brother and be close to his family and friends. Now his brother may be leaving Freo and the pull of friends may not be as strong as it once was.

SHill isn’t on his way out, merely GC interested. Gonna have to be a huge offer to get him to go to that rabble with us on the rise.

We were perfectly reasonable in our trade dealings with Freo. If he wants to leave then why stand in his way? At least Freo get something in return rather than a disgruntled player who will walk for nothing at the end of his contract.

You were reasonable, probably too much so. But he was out of contract also. He has 2 years to run here and has lifted his game. Wouldn’t be a cheap return.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
SHill isn’t on his way out, merely GC interested. Gonna have to be a huge offer to get him to go to that rabble with us on the rise.

You were reasonable, probably too much so. But he was out of contract also. He has 2 years to run here and has lifted his game. Wouldn’t be a cheap return.
He still had another year on his contract at Hawthorn when we let him go.

nickrebellious

Premiership Player
May 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill

Pretty sure he had a year left on his contract when traded.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stephen could come to us, only a short trip away from the Gold Coast, Brad could come as part of a package deal.:D

SHill to you guys would make more sense if he was gonna move, which I doubt. You guys are in contention. After hill going through a rebuild at freo can’t imagine he wants to go to another.
He won’t be leaving though - unless as I said, it was a huge offer. Doubt Brisbane are that desperate to throw that much money at hill given his injuries lately

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Stephen being a ufa I wouldn’t be against us trying to bring both over. We would have a team of wingers but I’m sure we could shuffle them around, and could possibly lose smith at the end of the year

Back