Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My attempt at an even trade
Dog trade picks 40, 42, 43 and our future first
Freo give hill and pick 26.

Picks 40, 42 and 43 are the points equivalent of about pick 13 which will help Freo in getting their nga kid. (Nearly double the points of the original pick 26). Plus they get that first rounder next year.
Don't reckon your future first would do it. If you wanted 26 back it would need to be this years first. Too much risk that you guys shoot up the ladder.

Gold Coast cracked, I hardly think this will be a last hour thing like Weller.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Point being is we dont release contratced players unless its overs, especially those with 2 years on their contract. If teams want Hill they'll need to be prepared to pay up or wait till his contract is done and I would argue arguably the best winger in the game at 26 is worth pick 7-10 in a vacuum.

A lot of people on Bulldogs board want us to keep our first rounder this year and I can sympathise but also am uneasy about the standard of this coming draft. If people were happy enough to use pick 7 in a trade for wingard in last years draft, then im prepared to use pick (anywhere from 6-12) on BHill in a softer draft, where Wingard has higher highs but significantly lower lows. that being said look for us to offload next years first if Ugle-Hagan continues his high pick form

O.K, cheers for that.

I was thinking of Podgey who 'retired' & then was able to be picked-up by the Lions as an unsigned player.....But clearly his 15 years of service provided for a nice 'get-out-clause'.
We actually traded for Hodge in the trade period.
We traded picks 43 & 75 for pick 44 and Hodge.

What I find interesting about this is that Freo only gave up Chris Mayne’s compensation (pick 23) for a 23 year old, three time premiership player.

A mid first rounder or two mid second rounders should do it.

Not sure why people think this is relevant.

We got Elliott Yeo for pick 28. Does that impact his value this year?

Not sure why people think this is relevant.

We got Elliott Yeo for pick 28. Does that impact his value this year?
Wrong, you "stole" Yeo for pick 28 knowing he was worth more than that but screwed over Brisbane in the Go Home 5 scandal, set them back several years.

But you are correct in saying what was traded for Hill a few years ago has no relevance to having to trade for him this year.

Wrong, you "stole" Yeo for pick 28 knowing he was worth more than that but screwed over Brisbane in the Go Home 5 scandal, set them back several years.

But you are correct in saying what was traded for Hill a few years ago has no relevance to having to trade for him this year.

Yeo was pick 30 in 2011 and played 27 games in two years. He showed a bit in his second season but let's not get carried away. In his first 3 years at WC he finished outside the top 10, 10th and outside the top 10 in the B&F. His last two seasons (and this one ongoing) have been excellent. At the time of trade Yeo was slight unders, then a few years later Redden was slight overs. That's how trading goes, you work with what you have. We weren't trading pick 6 or pick 11 for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know for a fact that Bulldogs have made Hill their number 1 target. Will offer a first round pick and Bevo has a great relationship with him. He wants his brother to come with him which is the only spanner in the works.
Bulldogs makes sense for him and them. Could do serious damage around their inside brigade.

I know for a fact that Bulldogs have made Hill their number 1 target. Will offer a first round pick and Bevo has a great relationship with him. He wants his brother to come with him which is the only spanner in the works.
His brother is going to Gold Coast for retirement fund just like GHS and Murdoch.

We’ll be super keen to try and use next year’s first but not sure what’s in it for Freo.
Yeah trading future picks for a contracted player is counter productive, especially if they have more than a year to run. Give you a player who makes your team better and your future pick worse and on top of that we lose a year of his service.

Back