• Brad - Neutral

Votes: 76 21.7%
  • Stephen - Fremantle supporter

Votes: 45 12.9%
  • Brad - Hawthorn supporter

Votes: 59 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm reading it as Brad gets a few more uncontested possessions (in a team that's way better than Stephens, in a higher possession footy style overall), but Stephen beats him in goals, clearances, contested possessions, and one percenters, (you know the kind of important stuff) which is ironic considering Stephen used to get knocked for being a soft outside player. I wonder what that makes Brad?
Brad was being knocked for being a soft player a couple 2 years ago.

people saying Brad Hill oh hes only outside yeh but hes an amazing runner how many times has he provided a get out option for hawthorn in the back end of quarters through sheer will. plays his role as well as anyone in his team especially since the hawks are full of slow senile players.

I couldnt imagine the absolute belting B Hill would cop if he recieved a Crowley tag. Stephen on the other hand has dealt with tags his whole career and gotten to the stage where he's still having a very good impact on games (20+ possies) whilst getting a hard run with player- almost ready to break out atm.
Brads heaps good. But hes not on stephens level.

I couldnt imagine the absolute belting B Hill would cop if he recieved a Crowley tag.

Hill took the Macaffer tag mid-season and did well on it. Crowley's tagging was hit and miss last year so Macaffer was probably the No.1 tagger in the comp.

Hill would struggle to get the ball with crpwley nagging him all day. Think about it. If crowley did to hill what he does to steve johnson hill would do **** all
Johnson and Brad Hill are completely different players and in no universe can you compare them in this way. I am not saying Brad Hill would not struggle. I am saying using Johnson as your reasoning is silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson would be harder to tag then brad hill
2 completely different players. You cannot compare them. Hill requires a very different type of tag as he has one of the bigger tank in the game. Johnson is does not have that same attribute so he would attract a Crowley type tag. If Crowley would (unlikely as a host of others before him) get the job tagging Hill it would be on a rotational basis. Crowley would never be able to keep up with him.

Johnson would be harder to tag then brad hill

Brad Hill would run rings around Ryan Crowley. He's a very good tagger is Crowley, but he's not capable of tagging those outside/quick midfielders.

Stephen is once again stretching the gap, and yes I know its only 2 games in. He played the best game of his career yesterday and its a game Brad has not yet got close to.
Immense game from Stephen Hill, He's incredibly gifted, when he's delivering the ball inside 50 he utterly fools everyone, Even camera men who quickly jerk the camera because he's picked out a guy surrounded by 5 opposition jumpers

What i liked was that he was roughed up a bit during the start of the game by bigger bodies and it didn't bother him, That's one of the only knocks i could put on him early in his career

Stephen is once again stretching the gap, and yes I know its only 2 games in. He played the best game of his career yesterday and its a game Brad has not yet got close to.

They don't even play the same role for starters. Stephen is better so far and probably will be for the remainder of his career, but as I've said before though Bradley Hill has outperformed Stephen in the finals over the last two years.

They don't even play the same role for starters. Stephen is better so far and probably will be for the remainder of his career, but as I've said before though Bradley Hill has outperformed Stephen in the finals over the last two years.
Imagine if Stephen got the same amount of space that Brad gets week in week out. Would be an AA lock.

Imagine if Stephen got the same amount of space that Brad gets week in week out. Would be an AA lock.

Fair point. We also have to take into account that Hawthorn and Fremantle's game-plan are vastly different. Brad Hill is such a barrometer to our team, when he plays well, we win. With Stephen sometimes when he has an off game Fremantle still play quite well. I think we depend on Brad Hill playing well more then what Fremantle does for Stephen Hill in my opinion.

Just on the finals, I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but Stephen has played some very good games. The final at Simonds he was awesome, people focus on the end goal but he had a great game before that as well. He also got 20 odd possessions in the GF, though he wasn't as damaging as he normally is.

They don't even play the same role for starters.

Actually yesterday Stephen played the exact game Brad plays, run up and down the wings without an opponent.

Fair point. We also have to take into account that Hawthorn and Fremantle's game-plan are vastly different. Brad Hill is such a barrometer to our team, when he plays well, we win. With Stephen sometimes when he has an off game Fremantle still play quite well. I think we depend on Brad Hill playing well more then what Fremantle does for Stephen Hill in my opinion.

LOL, Hawthorn is such a well rounded team that it does not rely on any one player to play well to win, let alone a wingman.

Back