Votes: 59 16.9%

• Total voters

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
There's enough of a difference that Stephen is clearly better, Brad is younger so can close that gap but would require him to get more hard ball.

Yes, I realize that's not his role in the team, but until he shows he can do it it does matter

Stephen Hill has always been better. Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. Fremantle would take Bradley Hill at their club right now in a heartbeat, as would Hawthorn with Stephen Hill. Two very good players who happen to play different roles.

detox

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its not really debatable at the moment.

Stephen has stepped up.

Still though Stephen has played 70ish more games than Brad.

Brad still has his chance to get there

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
To be fair most Hawthorn supporters rate Fyfe pretty highly.
Fyfe's my favorite non-Hawk. Brilliant player.

As for this poll, Stephen's the better player and has more strings to his bow. Both are guns and whilst Brad will definitely keep improving due to his age, Stephen will also and could even take his game to another level.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Wonder who would win in terms of first 20-50 metres pace. Stephen Hill is exceptional in AFL across this range, whereas Brad can keep consistent pace 50-80 m. Would love to have Bradley in to complement Stephen. Can only dream.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Wonder who would win in terms of first 20-50 metres pace. Stephen Hill is exceptional in AFL across this range, whereas Brad can keep consistent pace 50-80 m. Would love to have Bradley in to complement Stephen. Can only dream.
I think Stephen would win as he seems more explosive off the mark whereas Brad could sustain high speed for longer

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons

I don't think Brad is really as fast as he appears. Regularly looks back at the chaser, arcs around behind them, stops, props and assesses the target. Doesn't really ever seem to burn off players that aren't your typical lumbering ruckmen or key talls.

Pretty clearly not as good as his brother as it stands but leads the league in goal assists and plays his role consistently. I do wonder if it weren't for Smith whether he would rack up Gaff like numbers. Doesn't have the impact of Stephen unfortunately.

jiphoc

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2008
Buddy's Ego
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't think Brad is really as fast as he appears. Regularly looks back at the chaser, arcs around behind them, stops, props and assesses the target. Doesn't really ever seem to burn off players that aren't your typical lumbering ruckmen or key talls.

Pretty clearly not as good as his brother as it stands but leads the league in goal assists and plays his role consistently. I do wonder if it weren't for Smith whether he would rack up Gaff like numbers. Doesn't have the impact of Stephen unfortunately.
How he burns of players and does it regularly is his gut running rather then his raw pace.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
How he burns of players and does it regularly is his gut running rather then his raw pace.

His endurance is exceptional and over the length of the ground he regularly runs pocket to pocket leaving his opponent behind. I'm talking about burst, 20m quickness. Doesn't seem to get distance between himself and opponents over short distances very often.

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
Was worried Billy might be another Headland, if anything I think he is playing better now than he ever did at Hawthorn.

Back