Brad Hill

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...d-hills-secret-meeting-with-ross-lyon/?cmp=st

So what do we think ?

Whether he actually did meet with Ross or not who knows, he may just have visited family and the media have run with it.

However I think that Fyfe, Harley, Neal, Blakley, Weller and both Hill's all in the same side would be mouth watering.

Only thing is i just can't see how we could trade for him. Pick 3 and then no second round from the bennell trade, and then trying to get McCarthy too. Even if Bradley wants to come home its still the whole year left on the contract thing.

Would love it but cant see us being able to satisfy Hawthorn

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Considering this is our first top 10 pick in forever, there's no way we would be giving it up. Hill is made to look elite by the rest of your team, he's not worth that.
your probably right. I am dreaming to get that pick #3.
was thinking 2017 1st but we got no-idea what Freo are gonna produce.
Maybe you'll get something out of the McCarthy trade that could help things

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hard to say what his value is. On one hand he is a 22/23 yo winger who has played 90 odd games and 3 flags who was being tagged for a few games in 2014. On the other hand he has been average for this season and last. Not worth pick 3 but Freo don't really have any picks around 10-15 which is what would be fair imo. Off the top of my head I can't really think of any players there that we would want and Freo would be willing to part with. Would love McCarthy though if he could do a Mitch Clark

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's essentially Tom Sheridan, slightly faster but a less reliable kick. While contracted I can't see an appropriate deal. We have so many more pressing needs. Key forward, key forward, ruck, key back, pace in the backline.
His an absolute shitload better player than Sheridan. To say he is a better kick than Sheridan is beyond a massive understatement. Over the last four years Hill's kicking into the forward line has been elite.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
His an absolute shitload better player than Sheridan. To say he is a better kick than Sheridan is beyond a massive understatement. Over the last four years Hill's kicking into the forward line has been elite.
he's the reason our forward-line look so good. Its because he's hitting their chests

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe, Langdon (only if he wants to go) plus our third round pick for Hill.
No we should get Rioli and Breust too for a third round pick and that superstar Langdon. Back in the world of reality Brad Hill is a truly elite kick into the forward fifty.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't rate his kicking. It's like Danyle Pearce, rumoured to be elite but not.
It is not rumoured that his kicking is elite.. His stats prove that to a massive degree. If you don't rate his kicking you haven't watched him play very much. B.Hill exactly the type of player we desperately need. The better our midfield gets the more time we can play Fyfe forward too.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can't be in a good rebuild AND be going after Brad Hill unless we are doing one of those things really badly. There is place for sentiment but not that much; either wait till he is out of contract or don't do it.
Hill is 23. IMO best of both worlds if we recruit him for a reasonable offer. Rebuilding and filling a massive need in the short term too.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

Yeah I wonder what games they're watching to put Sheridan anywhere near hill.

This crap about Hill being an average kick is absolute horseshit.
The kid weights and delivers his kicks to the leading forwards beautifully

Back