Brad Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind Brad Hill at Freo. Would do wonders for our midfield speed, and also, having him there would definitely bring Stephen's morale up.

Personally, I would trade Mayne, Suban, and our 2nd rounder for him. Pick 3 should never be traded unless we got someone on the level of say, Lance Franklin or Patrick Dangerfield.

A second rounder will do shall we find one.
I'm still of the belief we may need to turn pick 3 into say pick 8 and 22.

We don't go for SPS obviously and prioritise English and then use 22 for someone like Hill or McCarthy.

Hill has had a stinker season this year but is 23 and very good. Pick 22? If he was out of contract that would be probably bang on.

Pick 22 might not even get it done if he had 1 year left, but nice to know someone wants to come to us.

Hill is Elite, he is a triple premiership player, his work rate is elite, we won't let him go lightly, if you guys want him you will have to pay.

I'd rather he stay personally

Three way deal involve in GWS , hawthorn and freo will happen if we do get brad.

Three way deal involve in GWS , hawthorn and freo will happen if we do get brad.

Usually 3 way deals happen to allow flexibility in movement.
2 of the players are linked to us. So in my view we need to deal with Hawks and then deal with GWS.

Hawks and GWS have no interest with one another, unless we drag more players into the mix.

Hill is Elite, he is a triple premiership player, his work rate is elite, we won't let him go lightly, if you guys want him you will have to pay.

Enjoy him then. Has had a shocking season this year and wasn't much better last.

How surprising that the conversation of what a player is worth is underestimated by the target club and overestimated by the source club.

Clarkson and Lyon are both professionals. If Brad wants to return home then they will work out something suitable. As much as Brad perhaps looks better in a Hawthorn team surrounded by very good players, he is still a very good player that is still under contract and we need to pay something suitable. On the other hand, he seems to want to come to us (just like McCarthy does), and a number of our players would probably become very good playing for the Hawks so it may not be an expensive picks that we need to use.

I think he'd be a good get for the right price. But if agreement can't be reached then he's out of contract next year and a free agent the year after. He and Stephen will eventually get to play together you'd think.

elite
eɪˈliːt,ɪ-/
noun
  1. 1.
    a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

Elite? He wouldn't be in the 50 players in the league. Top 100 maybe.

Fair enough with some of your points but let's not get excited here.

A second rounder will do shall we find one.
I'm still of the belief we may need to turn pick 3 into say pick 8 and 22.

We don't go for SPS obviously and prioritise English and then use 22 for someone like Hill or McCarthy.

Hill has had a stinker season this year but is 23 and very good. Pick 22? If he was out of contract that would be probably bang on.

Pick 22 might not even get it done if he had 1 year left, but nice to know someone wants to come to us.

SPS may fall to pick 8 anyway.

Usually 3 way deals happen to allow flexibility in movement.
2 of the players are linked to us. So in my view we need to deal with Hawks and then deal with GWS.

Hawks and GWS have no interest with one another, unless we drag more players into the mix.
Barlow , suban ?
But i like your idea to convert pick three with two draft pick, but not trade straight away with brad. To build a decent list patient is needed.

SPS may fall to pick 8 anyway.

Doubt it. But the move would be done to net Hill and English.

If he did fall to 8 then SPS and Hill for pick 3 would be a massive return but if we are targeting English we probably couldn't pass on him at 8.

All hypotheticals of course but GC and GWS might play a big role in some pick movements.

Doubt it. But the move would be done to net Hill and English.

If he did fall to 8 then SPS and Hill for pick 3 would be a massive return but if we are targeting English we probably couldn't pass on him at 8.

All hypotheticals of course but GC and GWS might play a big role in some pick movements.

Teams are worry about the go home factor and also, there is a bit of under the table racism.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-21/the-nine-most-likely-the-race-for-no1

When there is valid option, teams will go with need and then home grown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw in Sutty and Clancee while we are at it.

Hawks trading history of the past few years does show that they are pretty fair trading partners, ,unlike gws, who are a bunch of *******

We were talking about this on the wireless this morning. My comments:

Pick 3 too much
Pick 39 not enough
Pick around 15-20 would get it done - so we need to trade to get that

Who do we trade?
Barlow's future uncertain, but no way worth 15-20 in a trade (hate to see Micky B traded) ESP now with that smashed shoulder
Compo for Mayne? Highly unlikely to be enough

Do we need him???
Of course we'd LOVE him - he has speed and a beautiful kick on him, just like his bro (but doesn't have the talent to go inside as well!)
BUT - Bennell, Weller, Tucker, Balic, Langdon and of course SHill can all play that outside running role and all are a good kick, so while he would be a fantastic addition, is he actually superfluous to needs?

Key position players MUST MUST MUST be the priority, McCarthy being the obvious, with the uncontracted Kersten being a possibility.
(Lobb and Hogan both contracted for 2017, and both unlikely even then IMO)

Throw in Sutty and Clancee while we are at it.

Hawks trading history of the past few years does show that they are pretty fair trading partners, ,unlike gws, who are a bunch of *******

Mainly players have wanted to go to them, so they just pay the price.
What about if guys have wanted to leave?
But agreed in that they just get deals done. Pretty easy if you've won premierships.
They are a year or 2 away from a major collapse too, but who cares when they have a bag of premierships in their back pocket.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks were interested in Sutcliffe and Ibbotson. They are both much better players than what they have shown this year and I could see both being very good players in their system. Sheridan perhaps? Collins :p - no they can't have him back.

Would Freo bank on improving with a full side next year and risk a 2017 first rounder? Your first pick this year is overs but I think a pick 10-20 is about right.

Will probably require us to throw in a pick your way as well.

Might be hard to make it work on picks alone, what type of player would the Hawks want?

Straight swap for Sheridan?

Sort of defeats the purpose. Hill is obviously the better player but trading a youngish outside mid for a youngish outside mid would be an opportunity lost. Time to get the age profile down so I can see Barlow and Mayne being on the trade block.

Suban keeps on getting mentioned but thats not much chance. There's been zero indication from the club that we would move Suban.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back