Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Normally I would agree with other posters of Hill's value in a thread like this, but we've shown ourselves to be outright ruthless (not quite Dodo levels) with recent trades.

I agree that he is worth ~10-15 uncontracted. I am almost positive we will attempt to ream the club that wants him this year. Next year I think we would be much more reasonable.

Normally I would agree with other posters of Hill's value in a thread like this, but we've shown ourselves to be outright ruthless (not quite Dodo levels) with recent trades.

I agree that he is worth ~10-15 uncontracted. I am almost positive we will attempt to ream the club that wants him this year. Next year I think we would be much more reasonable.
Maybe, but if the Bulldogs are the destination, I reckon you guys would be pretty fair. We offloaded Hamling for absolute peanuts compared to how he's going now (but was relatively fair at the time), while you guys gave us Crozier for a then-fair price (now looks like massive unders for you), so I reckon between our clubs there is a pretty good relationship established where we don't just * each other over, and tend to try and reach a good deal for all parties

Maybe, but if the Bulldogs are the destination, I reckon you guys would be pretty fair. We offloaded Hamling for absolute peanuts compared to how he's going now (but was relatively fair at the time), while you guys gave us Crozier for a then-fair price (now looks like massive unders for you), so I reckon between our clubs there is a pretty good relationship established where we don't just fu** each other over, and tend to try and reach a good deal for all parties
I don't think its about ****ing you over - he is very important to us and has 2 years to run. No way we are doing that deal unless it's in our favour. Our recent history suggests we'll stand firm on this and no doubt you guys would know that and would take that into account before wooing Brad.

Maybe, but if the Bulldogs are the destination, I reckon you guys would be pretty fair. We offloaded Hamling for absolute peanuts compared to how he's going now (but was relatively fair at the time), while you guys gave us Crozier for a then-fair price (now looks like massive unders for you), so I reckon between our clubs there is a pretty good relationship established where we don't just fu** each other over, and tend to try and reach a good deal for all parties
Reaming a club who is wanting to grab one of your best players on a massive contract while he still has 2 years left on his existing contract IS totally fair.

I'm running on the assumption that Kelly is making his way to Fremantle btw. I guess it comes down to debate over his exact value, which the list managers would understand better than you or I, but at the very least it seems everyone is agreeing on Hill involving a mid-1st at minimum.

I wouldn't consider Polec overly relevant since I firmly believe North horrendously overpaid for him. No way was Polec, after a single decent season, worth the price they paid for him, and I think he's proved that this year.

Of course, if we did use Polec as the basis for trade value, you'd be exactly right in saying Hill would demand more. If we did give Pick 10, we'd probably be forced to attach an extra 3rd with it or something like that.

Even I don’t think Kelly will come to Freo. He will be at WCE next year. On Brad Hill, Belly won’t let him go anywhere. After the month Freo has had I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to go.

On Brad Hill, Belly won’t let him go anywhere. After the month Freo has had I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to go.
IF Fremantle agreed to trade Hill I think it would most likely be to Geelong in a Kelly deal OR to one of the clubs with a high draft pick. That is, to a club who have had worse seasons than we have had.

He has been our second best player over the past 3 years now (not including Neale)

If you think he is going for anything less than what we took for Neale while he is under contract, then unfortunately you are wrong.

We will demand a lot for Hill or hold him for another year or two.

Didn't Belly say that Lachie Neale wouldn't be going anywhere?

IIRC he mentioned something about him obtaining a feather in his cap by retaining Lachie.

IIRC he mentioned something about him obtaining a feather in his cap by retaining Lachie.
Yep, and shortly after we got pick 5 + 19(??) for Lachie and 30.

I don't think too many Freo fans think we are going to keep him long term, I think what we are saying is that if he goes this year (especially) or next, we'll be doing better out of it than pick 12-15.

We got 5 and 19 from Lachie out of it though

I remember Brisbane fans were saying it was too much but nowadays I reckon everyone will agree its pretty fair.

Exact same scenario will happen with Brad Hill, we will accept what others think are overs but if he does go then the other club will realise how good he is and that he was well worth these "overs"

these are elite talents we are talking about here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good player, but not as good as Neale and the Freo supporters surely know it. I reckon 9-11 is his range.

Neale and 30 netted 6, 19, 55.

9-11 straight swap might be about right but I wouldn't rule out 5-8. I don't think many Freo fans are demanding 6 + 19. But he is under contract for two years so demand away I guess.

Very good player, but not as good as Neale and the Freo supporters surely know it. I reckon 9-11 is his range.
Beat Lachie in the Doig 2 years ago. Is having a better 2019 than his 2017 Doig win. They're not that far off each other in terms of importance and given he has 2 years left, that is we can hold him for a year and still hold the whip hand in 2020, I woudn't trade him for much less than what we got for Neale.

We got 5 and 19 from Lachie out of it though

I remember Brisbane fans were saying it was too much but nowadays I reckon everyone will agree its pretty fair.

Exact same scenario will happen with Brad Hill, we will accept what others think are overs but if he does go then the other club will realise how good he is and that he was well worth these "overs"

these are elite talents we are talking about here
Except Lachie Neale was already a top 5 clearance player at a young age so it wasn’t really a news flash when he flourished at Brisbane.

Brad Hill does not equal Neale in terms of value. Hill is a mid first rounder.

Btw. Hawks let Hill go knowing he was much better than other thought and has lived up to expectations at Freo

Except Lachie Neale was already a top 5 clearance player at a young age so it wasn’t really a news flash when he flourished at Brisbane.
Lachie Neale hasn't "flourished" at Brisbane, he did that at Fremantle, hes playing the same footy, just living out of the Fyfe spotlight.

Hill is playing immensely better than at Hawthorn, more complete player with a much bigger role, he is worth way more than a mid first rounder now, he is also contracted for 2 years.

Anyway I am just providing Fremantles point of view, and that is that we will not take unders for a player of Brad's standard on a 2 year contract, as seen by our Neale trade.

St Kilda has offered Hill a Monster deal apparently. We'd have to get crafty to do a trade though. 4 is too high and we have nothing until a pick in the 50's after that.

I think he's worth a pick around 10-15.
Ahh one of my faves... good enough to offer a monster deal
But of course only good enough to offer pick 10 -15 in a trade:rolleyes:

Only beaten by this one
What I find interesting about this is that Freo only gave up Chris Mayne’s compensation (pick 23) for a 23 year old, three time premiership player.

A mid first rounder or two mid second rounders should do it.
🧐

Lachie Neale hasn't "flourished" at Brisbane, he did that at Fremantle, hes playing the same footy, just living out of the Fyfe spotlight.

Hill is playing immensely better than at Hawthorn, more complete player with a much bigger role, he is worth way more than a mid first rounder now, he is also contracted for 2 years.

Anyway I am just providing Fremantles point of view, and that is that we will not take unders for a player of Brad's standard on a 2 year contract, as seen by our Neale trade.

Reality of the Hill trade is that Freo holds the strongest cards - a la Geelong with Kelly last year. You will have to cough up big time or he will simply stay, pretty simple really. I was a harsh critic of him in his last year at Hawthorn and ironically he is now playing the type of football we all wanted from him in 2016

Back