Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reality of the Hill trade is that Freo holds the strongest cards - a la Geelong with Kelly last year. You will have to cough up big time or he will simply stay, pretty simple really. I was a harsh critic of him in his last year at Hawthorn and ironically he is now playing the type of football we all wanted from him in 2016
Totally agree.

Fremantle had massive hand if a team wants Hill.

A team will need to pay overs because of the remaining two years.

Team like Melbourne may want to pay overs and improve a weakness ie trade pick 2/3 for Hill.

Saints 1st next year for Hill and a 2nd? Tbh I’d probably just do it for the 1st and back them in to climb up the ladder as that’s gotta happen sometime right? RIGHT? Sorry.

Value him around a 10-15 pick.

Saints 1st next year for Hill and a 2nd? Tbh I’d probably just do it for the 1st and back them in to climb up the ladder as that’s gotta happen sometime right? RIGHT? Sorry.

Value him around a 10-15 pick.

Nope, not losing a top 5 player for a speculative future pick.
Will be this years 1st

Edit - value right, but worth more given his contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is contracted for 2 years. If he really wants to go and a club really wants him, they will pay top value for him or he can stay and we will try again next year

a top 5 pick would be about right or part of a Kelly trade

Brad Hill is a vital component to Fremantle's team, with two years on his contract.

I'd start the asking price at a first round pick this year and next. If St Kilda are making noise about getting in elite outside talent and need immediate results, I think we end up with their first this year and next in exchange for Brad Hill and our second next year.

Brad Hill is a vital component to Fremantle's team, with two years on his contract.

I'd start the asking price at a first round pick this year and next. If St Kilda are making noise about getting in elite outside talent and need immediate results, I think we end up with their first this year and next in exchange for Brad Hill and our second next year.
That's outrageous mate. He will definitely get you more than his worth being contracted, but that's out of control.

A top ten pick is overs and should get the deal done you would think.

That's outrageous mate. He will definitely get you more than his worth being contracted, but that's out of control.

A top ten pick is overs and should get the deal done you would think.

Unfortunately for St Kilda, if that's the destination, they are the ones who have to get the ball rolling. He is twice the player Lachie Weller was when he went for pick #2 with a year to go on his deal.

Pick #5/6 and a downgrade of their first next year from #10/12 to #25 isn't a bad deal for one of the best outside runners in the league.

Unfortunately for St Kilda, if that's the destination, they are the ones who have to get the ball rolling. He is twice the player Lachie Weller was when he went for pick #2 with a year to go on his deal.

Pick #5/6 and a downgrade of their first next year from #10/12 to #25 isn't a bad deal for one of the best outside runners in the league.

Nobody should be using the Weller trade as a precedent.
That was just lunacy from Gold Coast. Freo recruiters were laughing all the way to the bank.

Back