Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is contracted so ball is well and truly in freos corner.

Sounds like he is requesting a trade back back to hawthorn because his brother looks likely gone to GC.

Will be interesting if Brisbane can use the lure of SHill being in Queensland. Tbh i dont think that will happen, he has already uprooted his and his mrs life once to move back to his home state. If he is moving states again it will be back to her home state.

Freo straight up said not happening last year, i really doubt much has changed. Freo obviously think he has more value playing out his contract then settling a price with hawthorn.

This one is probably gonna be hard to get done as Freo would want more than the Hawks's second but I wouldn't give up my first for him either. I suppose he was contracted when he left in 2016 too but I think he's improved since then, was their B&F a couple of years ago and is in borderline AA form this year.

Unfortunately hawthorn just are not in a position to offer our 1st. We might need it for Anderson and with the trading rules we have to use one.

Other clubs might be in a position to offer a 1st?
You still can exchange first round draft pick. Sydney and Port, Brisbane and GWS did it in 2016.

It’s not his brother potentially leaving prompting this..

His partner is Victorian.

Contracted to end of 2021 but it is being widely reported that he will request a trade back to the Hawks. I'm sure other clubs will be making a play for him as well, considering his age, skill set and current contract length this guy would be worth a lot at the trade table.

One top 6-7 draft pick and one later first rounder get it done?

What did Freo pay at the trade table?

No way is Hill going anywhere for two firsts, that is bat poo crazy!

He would be on track to win our Doig medal for the second time. Hawthorns first would be the very minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be on track to win our Doig medal for the second time. Hawthorns first would be the very minimum.

Hawthorn’s 2020 first round pick will likely be discussed. The Hawks first pick in this years draft is pick 7 and that’s way overs.

Nah….Traded to Freo in good faith, even though he was contracted at the time as a 23 year old, for a Second Round pick (33)....Will be 27 in 2020 & With only 3-4 years left in the tank, then a Second Rounder in return should suffice.....Quid pro quo.

Nah….Traded to Freo in good faith, even though he was contracted at the time as a 23 year old, for a Second Round pick (33)....Will be 27 in 2020 & With only 3-4 years left in the tank, then a Second Rounder in return should suffice.....Quid pro quo.
It was pick 23 instead of 33. I think it'll be a case of Freo wanting more than the Hawks 2nd round pick which will make it difficult as the Hawks won't trade their first.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It was pick 23 instead of 33. I think it'll be a case of Freo wanting more than the Hawks 2nd round pick which will make it difficult as the Hawks won't trade their first.

Apologies, 33 was what we originally drafted him at....Freo landed him in the end for what ended up being pick 25 actually.

So given our current ladder position, a second rounder sounds about right, given it'll be round that mark.

Apologies, 33 was what we originally drafted him at....Freo landed him in the end for what ended up being pick 25 actually.

So given our current ladder position, a second rounder sounds about right, given it'll be round that mark.
I'd love it if he came back to the Hawks for our 2nd round pick. I just think Freo will want more.

The odds of Brad Hill coming back to Hawks for a 2nd round pick are incredibly low. Freo shouldn’t be giving him back for what they got in the first place, that’s not how the trade period works.

Josh Carr, Trent Croad and Chris Tarrant were traded in by the Dockers for a fairly high price and got nothing of the sort in return. s**t, look at Beams just last year as another example

I wouldn't think this years 1st would be on the table, hawks have already made other commitments. Its possible a swap of future 1st and hawks 2nd this year. But that involves alot of risk from freo.

Tbh i agree with those freo fans saying he will have to play out his contract, even though he will probably ask for a trade every year because of the small chance freo will settle.

The odds of Brad Hill coming back to Hawks for a 2nd round pick are incredibly low. Freo shouldn’t be giving him back for what they got in the first place, that’s not how the trade period works.

Josh Carr, Trent Croad and Chris Tarrant were traded in by the Dockers for a fairly high price and got nothing of the sort in return. ****, look at Beams just last year as another example

Hill is now 3 years older, with possibly 3, maybe 4 years left to play....Nor is he in the Dayne Beams mould as a player.....No one is paying a first rounder for an outside runner....That's simply pie in the sky stuff thinking.

Hill is now 3 years older, with possibly 3, maybe 4 years left to play....Nor is he in the Dayne Beams mould as a player.....No one is paying a first rounder for an outside runner....That's simply pie in the sky stuff thinking.
Why not wait another two year by then he is scully age and free agent.

Why not wait another two year by then he is scully age and free agent.

Apparently he's the one who wants to come back.....I reckon we already have enough of his type on our list anyway, so not really fussed bout it....Besides, Whitfield will be the one we'll be targeting in 2020 as a free agent, as a replacement for Smith.

Back