Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The poster I was replying to was referring to Tim Kelly's situation.
Well in that case they're in the wrong thread.

And unless Geelong delists him he's still not a free agent.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Well in that case they're in the wrong thread.

And unless Geelong delists him he's still not a free agent.

If you go back & read the context, then the merits of a direct swap & the relevant worth of each player were being discussed.....I'm not going to do all the reading for you.

If you go back & read the context, then the merits of a direct swap & the relevant worth of each player were being discussed.....I'm not going to do all the reading for you.
I wasn't asking you to. I'm telling you he cannot be a delisted free agent. He also can't change clubs during the supplementary signing period unless he's been nominated for the draft and fallen through undrafted.

If he rejects an offer from the current club, or delists himself (or retires), he is not a free agent. See for yourself:

Free Agency.png

Jeff76

Premiership Player
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If we wanted 2 firsts or a top 10 for TK last year then there’s 2 chances Cats do a swap for Hill, Buckley’s and * all. TK does a hell of a lot more for Freo than Hill does for us. I’d rather draft picks thanks.

No...He doesn't have to go to the draft.....He can sign with whomever he chooses once his contract expires as an unsigned free-agent, after the draft.

He has that option.
No he does not. He isn't a free agent as he hasn't served the required time and he has not been delisted. So no. He can't. If he doesn't get traded or sign on his only option is the draft.

O.K, cheers for that.

I was thinking of Podgey who 'retired' & then was able to be picked-up by the Lions as an unsigned player.....But clearly his 15 years of service provided for a nice 'get-out-clause'.
Hodge was traded mate. He wasn't signed on as a free agent. You effectively got pick 75 for him

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If he was willing I wouldn't mind giving up a first rounder for 25 yo durable winger with 3 flags and plenty of finals experience.

Kelly can go to Freo for a crazy price.

Jesus that doesn't look good. I always thought it was Freo or Hawthorn, with Hawthorn unlikely this offseason i thought he would stay at freo. But if he wants to get away from Ross he may just sign with another vic club.

What happens this week when he gives Clarko a massive hug after the game, im not sure but does this destabilize the group?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Kelly's contract lapses at the end of October, then he becomes an unsigned free agent....It's that simple.
What in the world are you talking about?

If this were the case then anyone who is out of contract could become a FA, except the club would get no compo...

I've been following the trade and draft period closely for years and never heard of this.

Only way Kelly can move if a trade can't be done is as a DFA or in one of the drafts and I don't see Geelong delisting him.

If he wants back to Victoria I hope Melbourne are going hard for him.

But then again if he did sign for us we would just spend a pre season bulking him up so that he can become an inside mid

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
eb89173b-f32e-4ec1-a8ef-a2473fbb3650-jpeg.705379

If this body language is anything to go by I think I know why Brad Hill might want out.

Though I can see his PoV. He has spent most of his career under one of the best coaches in the modern era and then experiences Ross Lyon.
I remember seeing that live. Ross told Hill to be respectful and pay attention.

eb89173b-f32e-4ec1-a8ef-a2473fbb3650-jpeg.705379

If this body language is anything to go by I think I know why Brad Hill might want out.

Though I can see his PoV. He has spent most of his career under one of the best coaches in the modern era and then experiences Ross Lyon.
Didn't see it in real time but I would imagine being told that you were trade bait would not go down well with the player

If he wants back to Victoria I hope Melbourne are going hard for him.

But then again if he did sign for us we would just spend a pre season bulking him up so that he can become an inside mid
Jokes aside I'd say he'd be pretty well a perfect fit at the Dees

Jokes aside I'd say he'd be pretty well a perfect fit at the Dees
Exact type of player we need. But then again most teams need a pacey outside midfielder with class

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If we wanted 2 firsts or a top 10 for TK last year then there’s 2 chances Cats do a swap for Hill, Buckley’s and fu** all. TK does a hell of a lot more for Freo than Hill does for us. I’d rather draft picks thanks.

The problem the Cats have is getting what they want, what club can afford to trade for these early picks - have a look at the Dangerfield deal as what can be done verses what you want, of course no harm in dreaming.

Back