Brad Johnson aims to return in Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket said today he is training well and could play in R1 but probably will be R2 due to lack of match practice whereas last night Ch10 mentioned it could be R5!

If he does return in round 2 it'll be a bummer. An easy win against the Tigers isn't much to celebrate.

Rocket said today he is training well and could play in R1 but probably will be R2 due to lack of match practice whereas last night Ch10 mentioned it could be R5!

Foss, I heard on the radio earlier today Round 6...a lot of different rounds have been bandied about on Johnno's return date. Hopefully, it won't be too long till we see Captain Johnson leading his team out on the ground. Speedy recovery to him!

Hope it is round 2 i have already got my tix with the hope of a bonus johnno 350 game, only missing round 1 due to not being in the country

I wonder if Brad Johnson's injury is worse than what we are led to believe.
There are so many different time frames being bandied about as to when he will return. It's gone from maybe being available in Round 1 to something like Round 6. That is a big difference.
We are very lucky that we got Barry Hall and it is absolutely vital that opportunities are given to players like Grant, Jones, Stack, Roughead and Cordy to develop the future forward line.
If Brad Johnson is out for a long time and something happens to Barry Hall, we are in a bit of strife, to put it mildly.

I wonder if Brad Johnson's injury is worse than what we are led to believe.
There are so many different time frames being bandied about as to when he will return. It's gone from maybe being available in Round 1 to something like Round 6. That is a big difference.
We are very lucky that we got Barry Hall and it is absolutely vital that opportunities are given to players like Grant, Jones, Stack, Roughead and Cordy to develop the future forward line.
If Brad Johnson is out for a long time and something happens to Barry Hall, we are in a bit of strife, to put it mildly.

I hope this isnt another Scott West case. Johnson nearly every game of his career and then misses a couple of weeks/months of football and just looks a touch behind his best and the playing group.

For what its worth though I heard from a reliable source he will most likely be ready for round 2 worst case scenario round 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^It does. They're a bitch when you're at Johnno's age (I've been lucky enough to cop one this pre-season at 31, they suck).

All the corked calves, thighes and every bit of tightness is going to catch with him. It's just a matter of time. But, he'll still contribute.

I don't listen to or watch too many football shows anymore. They get me wound up too much with the speculation about everything that they mainly have no fresh news about. With Johnno, he might be well enough to play tomorrow anyway, you can never tell.

He's a machine and all, but with little match practice this year would we expect him to play forward pocket with decent spells on the bench?

Most likely to miss if Johno is in would be Josh Hill surely?

While Hahn got through training comfortably yesterday, midfielders Nathan Eagleton (hamstring) and Callan Ward (groin) will miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back