• Good List MGMT

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • Poor List MGMT

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Matthew Bro

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t pinching a future second net us big Darcy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what rgauci is stating. The decision in 2015 had a flow on effect for every year to follow as we’re chasing our tails getting 2nd round picks. I think next year we will try and get ourselves back in with a couple of third round picks and again hit 2019 with no 2nd rounder.

In 2015 we only ended up with pick 38 for 2016 pick 23 which ended up a terrible trade. At least the year after we traded 2017 pick 24 for 2016 pick 38 (Darcy) + 2017 pick 57. But the 2015 trade of future 2nd pick was done very late in that draft period and big mistake.

Yep and the poor bastard copped it for speaking his views but was a very good recruiter.
yeah what he said was honest. How he said it sounded racist. I didn't think it was intended to be racist. But in a way was sadly true which I wont go into too much. And this isn't a personal racist attack on all Indigenous Australians.

Some Indigenous Australians face the challenge of being recruited/Drafted to AFL clubs that are not from their home state. Some of them can cope with in adapting with living in a different city. Some an handle it and Either try and get a trade back to their home state or give up on the sport altogether.

Don't worry about Brad L worry about how good is Chris Bond?? Very average performer
Chris Bond has had some good moments and some bad ones too. I have always said that the 2008 draft was very good.

Saying that, I rather have Chris Bonds performances over the last few years then the joke that was then we had Cameron Schwab as our CEO and Chris Connolly. In that Frustrating 2002-2007 era.

What was it called? Ah the "Schwabolly" era

Chris Bond has had some good moments and some bad ones too. I have always said that the 2008 draft was very good.

Saying that, I rather have Chris Bonds performances over the last few years then the joke that was then we had Cameron Schwab as our CEO and Chris Connolly. In that Frustrating 2002-2007 era.

What was it called? Ah the "Schwabolly" era
Connolly has to be one of the worst coaches of the past 20 years. The squad we had from 2005-2007 should have challenged for a flag, instead we were perennial underachievers.

On Kogan Agora 6Plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time to scrutinize the performance of those critically evaluating Lloyd, Bondy, Lyon, Rosich and anyone else.

How would you rate the critics for accuracy, research, validity in logic, non bias, realistiic comparison, legitimate representation to name a few criteria. Mmmm maybe a C+. :eek:

Last edited:
I spent some time the other day going through the 2015 thread where Cam McCarthy wants to come home and got to the bit where certain posters start to talk themselves and others into thinking giving up Pick 22 (as it was at that point), as well as the 2016 First Rounder plus Lachie Weller for Cam McCarthy is just what you have to do to get the deal done. Lloyd isn't so bad.

No point people having digs at Lloyd and Bond when development staff have to be kept accountable too.

Over the years how does Freo's coaching staff compare to other clubs? We don't actually know. Instead we target recruiting and head coach

No point people having digs at Lloyd and Bond when development staff have to be kept accountable too.

Over the years how does Freo's coaching staff compare to other clubs? We don't actually know. Instead we target recruiting and head coach

Yep. Coaching and sports science are our weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, mediocrity probably is a compliment considering how little success we had. We just just avoided being really bad most of the time (only in 2001 it happened).

If success is winning a GF, 17 out of 18 teams are mediocre each year. The definition is average quality - though we increasingly mean for it to be not good. I despise a lot of American values, but they are a lot better about sports in this one facet of "Jeepers, I won most of the season and it was good" vs our "ya didn't win the GF therefore you are a loser" caper.

I think we've had a lot of success in the last decade and I've enjoyed the ride.

If success is winning a GF, 17 out of 18 teams are mediocre each year. The definition is average quality - though we increasingly mean for it to be not good. I despise a lot of American values, but they are a lot better about sports in this one facet of "Jeepers, I won most of the season and it was good" vs our "ya didn't win the GF therefore you are a loser" caper.

I think we've had a lot of success in the last decade and I've enjoyed the ride.

Need that first flag though , by your logic we are now falling further below the median 1995 -2017 - 31yrs subtract 17 teams = 14 yrs below average

See Mrs Jenkins you old crab I can do sums

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would be surprised how many duds Hawthorn have bought in with fairly high picks over the years and you can do this list for many teams and come up with a 50/50 failure rate for most clubs , Actually Freo have the highest games per draftee ratio in the league at 42

Need that first flag though

Play enough seasons and we will have them, though sooner is more gooder than later. But a season where you hit the 8 is a good season, don't need a flag in the cabinet from years past to have a good year.

Need that first flag though , by your logic we are now falling further below the median 1995 -2017 - 31yrs subtract 17 teams = 14 yrs below average

You sure you're not a Freagle, WCE started in 1986 - they are the ones playing for 31 years.

Mate, the Freagle bit was in jest. Your point stands, we haven't hit the median and we're not about to break the Flag drought this coming year either..

Play enough seasons and we will have them, though sooner is more gooder than later. But a season where you hit the 8 is a good season, don't need a flag in the cabinet from years past to have a good year.

You sure you're not a Freagle, WCE started in 1986 - they are the ones playing for 31 years.

Mate, the Freagle bit was in jest. Your point stands, we haven't hit the median and we're not about to break the Flag drought this coming year either..

We wont but I think Freo will be more competitive

F@ck mrs Jenkins was right all along

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope attracting a KPF is our weakness..

Had Pav for how many years? He stopped playing when?

A bit simplistic blaming our woes on one position on the ground, and tbh, poor form when you consider our best player ever played in that position.

We could've had Jack Reiwoldt this year and even last and it wouldn't have made much difference. Maybe a couple of wins each year. Our gameplan isn't up to it and our injury record is terrible.

Last edited:
Back