Moved Thread Brad Ottens - is he remembered as a Tiger or Cat?

How is Brad Ottens remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadly Assassin

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brad had a great career spanning two clubs and not only did he play 100 games for both Richmond and Geelong, he was coincidentally the 1000th player to pull on the jumper for each club. Source - AFL Tables.

How is Brad remembered by the football public?
Tiger or Cat?

He desperately wants to be remembered as a Tiger but sadly for him he is dead to us. He is gone but not remembered “forg” Ottens.

One astonishing thing he did somehow manage to achieve in his playing career though, that you would have thought to actually be impossible had he not achieved it….

Was actually picked in the AA team whilst playing for Richmond but never whilst playing for Geelong. o_O Would never happen these days, Geelong use certain AA selection as part of their recruitment pitch to players from other clubs.

Ottens should be given more respect than he's been shown here. Easily in the running for 3rd best ruck behind big cox & sandy during that time but most importantly a big game player who as in valuable in our finals runs.

We've basically spent the entire time after his retirement to replace him as was his importance. And in some respects we still are.

Geelong player. He was good for us but when he asked for a trade the good will was maybe not completely lost but certainly reduced.

The only thing that saved him from being remembered as playing for a side who achieved two wooden spoons was seeking a trade to Geelong. Instead he became a triple premiership player.

I voted Richmond. Surprised I'm the only one so far!l

EDIT: The result is understandable, given the three premierships, but I just think yellow and black and when I think of Brad Ottens.
I'm not surprised you stopped watching footy for so long. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that saved him from being remembered as playing for a side who achieved two wooden spoons was seeking a trade to Geelong. Instead he became a triple premiership player.
Like Caddy coming to Richmond. Became a 2 timer under us, so i certainly understand what you are saying here.

Like Caddy coming to Richmond. Became a 2 timer under us, so i certainly understand what you are saying here.
He didn't win a spoon at Geelong so it doesn't qualify for 'like'.

Ottens should be given more respect than he's been shown here. Easily in the running for 3rd best ruck behind big cox & sandy during that time but most importantly a big game player who as in valuable in our finals runs.

We've basically spent the entire time after his retirement to replace him as was his importance. And in some respects we still are.

and perfect for the modern game where more is demanded from rucks than just good tap work

he was great in the air and a goal kicker

Last edited:
Back