Analysis Brad Scott as an assistant coach.

Would you like Brad Scott as an Assistant coach at Richmond?

• Yes

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • CB17 cancel your account immediately for suggesting this folly

Votes: 91 63.2%
  • Wang can get f’ed

Votes: 29 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask anybody at north.
Knows footy, could sell ice to the Eskimo’s, but had really poor relationships. Doesn’t fit our profile at all in that regard.

North Melbourne faces an $800,000 hit if Brad Scott doesn’t coach another club next year.
Under terms of his departure agreement, Scott would be paid his contracted salary for the 2020 season by the Kangaroos in the event he wasn’t able to secure a senior role.

A clubs spokesman said yesterday: “We will not discuss the contractual situation with Brad Scott.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SACKED PODCAST

It’s understood the Kangaroos are now fearful they may have to include Scott’s salary in next year’s soft cap, as well as the salary of its next coach, which is expected to be current interim Rhyce Shaw.

If Scott doesn’t get a job, the combined coaching salary of Scott and Shaw would be between $1.2 million and $1.3 million.

Scott spent 10 years at the Roos’ helm. Picture: Getty Images
MORE BRAD SCOTT:

The axing call that started Scott’s North demise

King responds to Scott barb as feud simmers

Revealed: North's No 1 target to replace Scott

Roos send Scott out with emotional win

‘Like a loss in your family’: Roos pay tribute to coach

Robbo: Scott’s exit could happen within days

If John Longmire had accepted North Melbourne’s offer — he rejected it and signed a three-year extension with Sydney — the combined salary would have potentially been $2 million.

In any case, if the Roos have to pay Scott, it would be a crippling blow to their football department spend.

When Scott and the Kangaroos parted ways in May, it was anticipated he would be a frontrunner for any vacant role.

That situation has changed drastically.

David Teague’s success at Carlton — and growing adulation with Blues fans and players — makes it extremely unlikely Blues powerbrokers would appoint Scott ahead of Teague.

Brad Scott shakes hands with chief executive Ben Buckley at his departure press conference. Picture: Getty Images
Brad Scott shakes hands with chief executive Ben Buckley at his departure press conference. Picture: Getty Images
But Scott is expected to be asked to be interviewed for the vacant St Kilda role, currently occupied by former Blues coach Brett Ratten.

The Saints have said a “rigorous process” would be undertaken.

Scott had been linked to the Saints job because of his close friendship with their football boss Simon Lethlean.

But the Saints dismissed speculation Scott was already lined up to be the new coach.

On the day Alan Richardson departed St Kilda, chief executive Matt Finnis said: “I haven’t spoken to Brad and perhaps I’ll address that, because I’m obviously aware of the reports.

Scott celebrates a win in his last game as coach of the Roos. Picture: Michael Klein
Scott celebrates a win in his last game as coach of the Roos. Picture: Michael Klein
MORE SACKED:

Sacked: Dwarf episode the catalyst in coach’s demise

Watters: I should have moved Ben Reid

'What poor culture?' Dal refutes Watters' Sacked claims

“The reality is this is a critical decision for our football club and any suggestions that those kinds of decisions get made on the basis of a friendship or a connection should just be absolutely disregarded.

“Everyone at our football club believes in strong, good governance. This is a critical decision that puts us on the path to winning our next premiership. We will make sure we get it right.''

It's possible other senior roles could open in South Australia and at Fremantle, where Scott would likely be a candidate.,

It's also understood Scott, who is currently a stay-at-home dad, is considering taking 12 months away from football.

If that happened, North Melbourne would be footing the bill.

North Melbourne faces an $800,000 hit if Brad Scott doesn’t coach another club next year.
Under terms of his departure agreement, Scott would be paid his contracted salary for the 2020 season by the Kangaroos in the event he wasn’t able to secure a senior role.

A clubs spokesman said yesterday: “We will not discuss the contractual situation with Brad Scott.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SACKED PODCAST

It’s understood the Kangaroos are now fearful they may have to include Scott’s salary in next year’s soft cap, as well as the salary of its next coach, which is expected to be current interim Rhyce Shaw.

If Scott doesn’t get a job, the combined coaching salary of Scott and Shaw would be between $1.2 million and $1.3 million.

MORE BRAD SCOTT:

The axing call that started Scott’s North demise

King responds to Scott barb as feud simmers

Revealed: North's No 1 target to replace Scott

Roos send Scott out with emotional win

‘Like a loss in your family’: Roos pay tribute to coach

Robbo: Scott’s exit could happen within days

If John Longmire had accepted North Melbourne’s offer — he rejected it and signed a three-year extension with Sydney — the combined salary would have potentially been $2 million.

In any case, if the Roos have to pay Scott, it would be a crippling blow to their football department spend.

When Scott and the Kangaroos parted ways in May, it was anticipated he would be a frontrunner for any vacant role.

That situation has changed drastically.

David Teague’s success at Carlton — and growing adulation with Blues fans and players — makes it extremely unlikely Blues powerbrokers would appoint Scott ahead of Teague.

But Scott is expected to be asked to be interviewed for the vacant St Kilda role, currently occupied by former Blues coach Brett Ratten.

The Saints have said a “rigorous process” would be undertaken.

Scott had been linked to the Saints job because of his close friendship with their football boss Simon Lethlean.

But the Saints dismissed speculation Scott was already lined up to be the new coach.

On the day Alan Richardson departed St Kilda, chief executive Matt Finnis said: “I haven’t spoken to Brad and perhaps I’ll address that, because I’m obviously aware of the reports.

MORE SACKED:

Sacked: Dwarf episode the catalyst in coach’s demise

Watters: I should have moved Ben Reid

'What poor culture?' Dal refutes Watters' Sacked claims

“The reality is this is a critical decision for our football club and any suggestions that those kinds of decisions get made on the basis of a friendship or a connection should just be absolutely disregarded.

“Everyone at our football club believes in strong, good governance. This is a critical decision that puts us on the path to winning our next premiership. We will make sure we get it right.''

It's possible other senior roles could open in South Australia and at Fremantle, where Scott would likely be a candidate.,

It's also understood Scott, who is currently a stay-at-home dad, is considering taking 12 months away from football.

If that happened, North Melbourne would be footing the bill.

Let's not sign him just so North have to pay his contract

Okay, this is a super controversial thought, but, it may be a very real possibility that no senior coaching positions will pop up for Brad to step into. At the end of the day, he possibly overachieved with a list that was never allowed to bottom out and didn't have the luxury of resources a big club like Richmond has. He does know footy and was pretty hard to coach against. I reckon he could have something to offer as an assistant coach for sure. What do you guys think? Would you be happy for Richmond to try and lure him to the club?
Do you watch your parents home made pr0n ?

I feel like Bolton is a good teacher when working with players on a smaller scale.

Think he bit off too much as head coach but he has good communication skills and is all about teaching I'm led to believe.

Dimma also spoke highly of him in a interview and basically offered him a job if he wanted it.
They would have worked together at Hawthorn I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has always seemed to have our measure, we have lost a lot of games to North in the past 10 years.

Might be interesting, he is likely to come quite cheap with North having to pay him $800,000 next year if he does not get another senior coaching position.

Some team is going to pick up a fairly handy tactician for not a lot in 2020.

Back