Brad Scott can you please concede that your gameplan is crap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seriously getting hard to watch this side play this uncompetitive crap week in week out.

Smart coaching to zone on the biggest ground on the league:thumbsu:

I know he has a gameplan and is sticking to it, but has he realised that the so called gameplan is crap?

After you concede that the list he has at his disposal is not currently contending for the flag. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that the only way we could actually avoid getting smashed against these top sides is to play defensive negating football to minimise our losses. And since you have apparently been out of the country for the last couple of years, I can tell you, that didn't win us a flag under Laids.

Seriously getting hard to watch this side play this uncompetitive crap week in week out.

Smart coaching to zone on the biggest ground on the league:thumbsu:

I know he has a gameplan and is sticking to it, but has he realised that the so called gameplan is crap?

I'm with you. So many peopled bagged JYD yet Brad has come to the table with shyte. The fact he played Wright this week shows he has no idea. None what so ever. Wright is no were ready and again this game has been shyte.

Yeah, it's wearing thin on me.

We look much better when we play body on body.

Learning new game plans should be for the off season.

After you concede that the list he has at his disposal is not currently contending for the flag. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that the only way we could actually avoid getting smashed against these top sides is to play defensive negating football to minimise our losses. And since you have apparently been out of the country for the last couple of years, I can tell you, that didn't win us a flag under Laids.

have you seen our percentage?? it doesnt fricking work

have you seen our percentage?? it doesnt fricking work

So are we trying to improve our percentage this year or are we building towards a flag in a couple of years time? Laidley's game plan(s) didn't get us what we wanted. I think it's funny that so many people lamented after a Laidley slog-fest that they'd rather see us lose by 10 goals as long as we played attacking football. I guess that was bullshit.

Keep up the fight Snrub, I am with you. Young blokes are struggling but we need to persist. If anything our older blokes have been shyte today.

So are we trying to improve our percentage this year or are we building towards a flag in a couple of years time? Laidley's game plan(s) didn't get us what we wanted. I think it's funny that so many people lamented after a Laidley slog-fest that they'd rather see us lose by 10 goals as long as we played attacking football. I guess that was bullshit.

There is a fine line between sacrificing wins to build a new game plan and knocking the confidence out of the players and supporters.

We are in the red zone at the moment.

The rolling zone has been made useless, ever since Hawthorn got found out after their 08 premierhsip.

It is a useless, dated tactic.

Brad Scott's persistence with it is looking eirley like Laidley persistence in 2006 with Sydney's failed 'tempo' footy gameplan, that lead us to a 14th placed finish:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Tempo footy has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

And the same can be said for the 18 man zone. Time to get rid of it!

Well, this game plan had better be designed by God, drawn by Jesus, and change the face of football for all time.. Because from where I'm standing, an at least competetive team from the last few years is being steamrolled by a Freo side that was complete rubbish last year. In less than a year, they've gone from that to this irresistable unit. And we're sitting here watching our side roll over like soft***s week in week out because they can't play the 'zone' "yet".

**** off. I'm all for education, but this is s**t. Watching them jog around at half pace not laying tackles, hitting targets, or having any remnant of a forward line is acceptable because they are 'young' and 'will be good in a few years'?

No wonder people are leaving in droves. It isn't even in the name of 'attacking footy'. Where's the attack? They're ****ing half-arsed, un-North like. I expect to lose, but what, we just roll over now because the zone require too much energy?

Like I said, zones are well and good, but this would want to change the world something chronic if these are the steps to achieving it.

I don't blame the game plan. It is hard to when we keep turning the ball over by foot and struggle to hold tackles. This is nothing to do with game plan, but individual skills. I am with snrub, we don't have a list that allows us to be competitive with the better teams. We are younger than Melbourne but without the first round draft picks. As I said, it is hardly the game plan's fault when leigh harding can't hit a target, it isn't the game plan's fault when scott mcmahon continuously runs around in circles in our own back half.

We are young and developing, the list has a lot of upside to it, but it won't be seen in the next couple of seasons. Brad still hasn't been able to make this list 'his own'. Whether you think it or not, he has inherited this list and he will have to tinker with it in order to try and play the game style he wants...and that is hard.

This is shite! Unfortunately I hate to say it Turtle looks gone and as much as he will be good player in years to come, What the feck is Sam Wright doing out there at the moment. I know it's deflating and totally perplexing but we need to persist with the kids and have a serious look at the output of the older dudes. Go roos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you said the game plan was to avoid getting smashed. It aint working as time and time again we are getting smashed.

It's effort at the moment more than anything and its up to the coach to ensure the effort is there. If he can't get them to put in then one or the other has to go

you said the game plan was to avoid getting smashed. It aint working as time and time again we are getting smashed.

It's effort at the moment more than anything and its up to the coach to ensure the effort is there. If he can't get them to put in then one or the other has to go

Oh boy, you're really struggling now. I'm trying to explain to you that Laidley's negating game plan(s) are what avoids getting smashed.

I think people need to realise that we are pretty much the worst team in the competition in the worst form, and game plans are pretty irrelevant.

The game plan under Laids was to avoid getting smashed. After 7 years I & many other had had a gutful of 'honourable' losses.

In all honesty I can't say if Scott's plan is the solution. But **** I would rather cop some beltings to find out if he can actually win us a flag, rather than spend another decade going nowhere.

Scott looks crap at the moment. So did Clarkson, Lyon & Thompson in their early days. The only questions is whether he has the coaching capability & personel to rise like a Mark Thompson, or fall like 3 decades of Richmond coaches.

Far too early to tell, although it ****ing sucks to watch our team smashed like this on a regular basis.

Oh boy, you're really struggling now. I'm trying to explain to you that Laidley's negating game plan(s) are what avoids getting smashed.

I think people need to realise that we are pretty much the worst team in the competition in the worst form, and game plans are pretty irrelevant.

No mate, that's just not correct. The processes and structures are definitely contributing to the situation. Just look at how many times goal kickers have got in behind our defence this year.

Well that would be even worse.

Seriously, with a new coach, new facilities, breath of fresh air, finally Laidley and the plodders are gone... And they play with the least skill and soul of all time.... Well, that's worse than not being able to execute a gameplan, surely??

when you say "these" top sides, and when we are playing a top 4 side at the moment one could conclude you are refering to todays game.

We are playing defensive round the boundry football, only handballing to get out of trouble not to create. The game plan is to kick to a tall down the line, but the tall is out numbered everytime because we are playing a zone.

Our game plan sucks, and our selections suck. These are the two biggest things under Scotts control and right now he is taking us backwards.

I like Brad and think he's got a lot to offer. But his last fortnight of coaching has been POX.

This might be part of a bigger picture. But it appears soft, uncompetitive and without any purpose at all.

It was a bit rich of him to front Euge about being positive in the media about the club when he has the side playing a style of football no one, North melbourne or otherwise could be positive about. Another Saturday night against a non-Vic club next week. The "doom-loop" is being created out of the coaches box - not the AFL.

It was a bit rich of him to front Euge about being positive in the media about the club when he has the side playing a style of football no one, North melbourne or otherwise could be positive about. Another Saturday night against a non-Vic club next week. The "doom-loop" is being created out of the coaches box - not the AFL.

Sad but true.

I am not sure what eveyone expects.

We have had a new coach for 10 weeks. We have many young players who are learning to play together.

Have faith because success only comes with failure.

Today's football is all about moving the ball on quickly and taking risks. That is why Geelong is so go.

Our team doesn't have that confidence yet.

The lack of pressure is a real concern. Especially forward line pressure. I hate that we are content to let them pass it around freely. We should be trying to keep it in there at all cost.

I would love to be a backman playing against us at the moment. It is in complete contrast to how we should be trying to play. Remember in 07 when we beat Geelong at Kardinia? Thomas, Campbell, Jones, Petrie etc were relentless with their attack when the Geelong backline had the ball. It leads to errors by foot and poor decision making and usually goals.

I feel ill watching the ball get pumped inside 50 only to see it walked out casually by a defender whos man is already zoning off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back