Rules Brad Scott Conflict of Interest….

Remove this Banner Ad

But to say that he will change the MRO finding because Chris is his brother when at the end of the day that finding is subject to challenge st the Tribunal is sheer lunacy. Why would he damage his reputation? What’s in it for him? And why is it only Meteoric Rise that is peddling this story?

There doesn’t have to be an obvious direct benefit to a conflicted person in order for a conflict to be present.

You are stuck on this point about the Tribunal. Geelong’s interests are served better by Brad Scott suspending Berry. If he doesn’t suspend Berry then there is no possible benefit to Geelong. If he does suspend Berry then there is a possible benefit to Geelong. His decision is clearly in Geelong’s interests. He should have been nowhere near this case nor any other case that Geelong has a stake in. It is not even debatable, it is a clear conflict of interest. Even if only some of us are imagining it to be a conflict of interest this alone should be enough for B Scott to absent himself from these cases involving Geelong, to avoid any apparent conflict of interest. If he doesn’t want the stain just act properly and let someone without a conflict fulfil the role in these cases.

I love it when these threads hit a raw nerve with Cats fans. If it is not an issue, why are you bothering being here discussing it?
because you are dishonest about your true motivation.

because you are dishonest about your true motivation

Alright so let’s say I despise the Cats with a greater passion than Richmond’s other biggest rivals. I don’t by the way. It is Carlton, then Geelong in the mix with some others.

But let’s say I have a deep hatred of Geelong FC and that is my motivation. It doesn’t alter the fact that first Steven Hocking and then Brad Scott are badly conflicted in parts of their role as AFL Footy Ops Managers by their relationships with current Geelong coach Chris Scott. One is his best mate and one is his twin brother. I didn’t create that situation, I just noticed it. If it was any other club involved I am sure I would also have noticed it.

I think you are just bothered because it places a question mark over certain things around your club.

For example, do you think it is right for S Hocking to be making decisions on behalf of the AFL that affect the interests of the Geelong FC at the same time he knew he was going to be the next CEO of Geelong FC? That is a massive conflict of interest he had right there quite apart from his close relationship with Chris Scott. You think that is fine?

Every person who works for the afl has ties to a club, has ties to people at those clubs and in many cases probably has relatives at certain clubs or at the very least very close associates from their playing days or social circle.

The surf coast sized chip on certain posters’ shoulder seems to be growing into their brain
Exactly. And not at lower levels either - eg Evans, Aylett, Fitzpatrick, Demetriou..........

Exactly. And not at lower levels either - eg Evans, Aylett, Fitzpatrick, Demetriou..........

Because there are possibly other more tenuous conflicts of interest in the AFL do you think that we then should turn a blind eye to more obvious conflicts?

Would that be like arguing that because some people sometimes get away with robbery we should not bother investigating murders?

You might want to state your position here rather than trying to confuse the issue.

Brad Scott is the ultimate decision maker in MRO cases, yes or no?

Brad Scott has a conflict of interest in that role in cases involving Geelong, because his twin brother coaches that club, yes or no?

If you think there are other conflicts of interest start any thread you want about it. This thread is about Brad Scott’s conflict of interest caused by his relationship with the Geelong coach.

If we're really considering potential conflicts of interest, thinking that Gil couldn't lean on Brad to lean on M.Christian is no more fanciful than thinking Brad can lean on M.Christian.

Will Benny Gale ever get a senior role at AFL House? I've been hearing he's the next senior exec for years now but it never seems to eventuate. Hope you'll be as balanced if he ever gets there. :)

If we're really considering potential conflicts of interest, thinking that Gil couldn't lean on Brad to lean on M.Christian is no more fanciful than thinking Brad can lean on M.Christian.

Will Benny Gale ever get a senior role at AFL House? I've been hearing he's the next senior exec for years now but it never seems to eventuate. Hope you'll be as balanced if he ever gets there. :)

It doesn’t need to be anyone leaning on anyone though.

Brad Scott is the most senior person who is involved in every MRO case. Christian is the least senior. And they are the only two that are involved according to the MRO and Tribunal guidelines. So assuming all that is adhered to properly, and we have no reason not to assume this, consider these questions for me:

- in the inevitable event of Christian thinking one MRO outcome is correct and Brad Scott thinking a different outcome is correct in a particular case, who do you think takes precedence? The senior B Scott or the junior M Christian?

After that, we return to the other questions you didn’t answer:

- Given his twin brother is Geelong FC coach, is Brad Scott conflicted in this role in cases where Geelong is affected? Yes or no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But to say that he will change the MRO finding because Chris is his brother when at the end of the day that finding is subject to challenge st the Tribunal is sheer lunacy. Why would he damage his reputation? What’s in it for him? And why is it only Meteoric Rise that is peddling this story?

What reputation does he have? Thug of a footballer and failed, sacked coach?

Its probably not much of a story because its just another way the AFL is dodgy. Did no umpire think Danger deserved even a single vote in the final game a few years ago when he was not eligible for the Brownlow but votes would have had him in the count lead? Or did the AFL tell them not to vote for him under any circumstance?

Regardless of other percieved conflicts of interest throughout the AFL admin, it is only through BS's conflict that decisions like suspending Berry can influence team structure and likely outcomes of games.
Gil cant suspend a St Kilda opponants player because he supports St Kilda, Brad can and has and it just happens to favour his Brother.
A clear conflict of interest and on an entirely different level to any other conflict Cats fans care to throw up in defence.

Suspending Berry is a win regardless, if its witheld it effects match selectiin, if its overturned it has been a distraction.

Now, wheres the talk by the AFL media, an opposing club President even, of Supreme Court Injunction to save Berry who didnt actually inflict injury as opposed to Cotchin who concussed Shiel.
Lol, embarrassment of a league and should be ashamed to consider itself the National league of a country where fair play is considered the Australian way.

Regardless of other percieved conflicts of interest throughout the AFL admin, it is only through BS's conflict that decisions like suspending Berry can influence team structure and likely outcomes of games.
Gil cant suspend a St Kilda opponants player because he supports St Kilda, Brad can and has and it just happens to favour his Brother.
A clear conflict of interest and on an entirely different level to any other conflict Cats fans care to throw up in defence.

Suspending Berry is a win regardless, if its witheld it effects match selectiin, if its overturned it has been a distraction.

Now, wheres the talk by the AFL media, an opposing club President even, of Supreme Court Injunction to save Berry who didnt actually inflict injury as opposed to Cotchin who concussed Shiel.
Lol, embarrassment of a league and should be ashamed to consider itself the National league of a country where fair play is considered the Australian way.

You are spot on with everything about B Scott there Penfolds, and that is why this thread exists, he is in a position to influence match outcomes in favour of his brother, and should not be.

However the Cotchin comment is imo not correct. Cotchin injured Shiel’s shoulder in the incident you refer to. He is not known to have concussed Shiel, who was examined and then played on. Shiel was concussed in a later incident where Dave Astbury flattened him. And from that point Shiel was ruled out of the game. So the scrutiny was always on the wrong person in Cotchin.

You are spot on with everything about B Scott there Penfolds, and that is why this thread exists, he is in a position to influence match outcomes in favour of his brother, and should not be.

However the Cotchin comment is imo not correct. Cotchin injured Shiel’s shoulder in the incident you refer to. He is not known to have concussed Shiel, who was examined and then played on. Shiel was concussed in a later incident where Dave Astbury flattened him. And from that point Shiel was ruled out of the game. So the scrutiny was always on the wrong person in Cotchin.
Fair enough although the Astbury hit could have simply finished the job, the point is, Eddie jumped in straight after the Cotchin bump with the defence and thats in stark contrast to the narrative GL and co. rolled out for Berry.

Unfortunately this thread untangled the whole ruse and we had to let Berry off.

Who said wearing tin foil doesn’t pay off?

Mick Christian to campaigner Brad Scott after the Tribunal took about 2 minutes to overturn his ludicrous decision...

copthatskinner-finger-gloria.gif

After several years of intense but ultimately failed efforts, this conflict of interest has finally managed to place a massive stain over its first Premiership.

We hereby congratulate the biggest conflict of interest in football history on this stunning, albeit ignoble achievement. 😍

After several years of intense but ultimately failed efforts, this conflict of interest has finally managed to place a massive stain over its first Premiership.

We hereby congratulate the biggest conflict of interest in football history on this stunning, albeit ignoble achievement. 😍
2010a64f73d272d6029a1b3eafd45415

Remove this Banner Ad

Back