Rules Brad Scott Conflict of Interest….

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The Geelong Football League.

The Scott Brothers Football League.

This has become a complete fiasco if it is true Chris Scott’s brother Brad Scott is replacing Chris Scott’s other brother Steven Scott as AFL Football Operations Manager. 😩😩😩

The difference this time is we will be watching the campaigner like a hawk from day one.

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong

This has become a complete fiasco if it is true Chris Scott’s brother Brad Scott is replacing Chris Scott’s other brother Steven Scott as AFL Football Operations Manager. 😩😩😩

The difference this time is we will be watching the campaigner like a hawk from day one.
Mate, it's great to see you raise this. There's a distinct lack of Melbourne people interested to talk about the Geelong Football League. Who do you like out of Colac or St Mary's? As for the Scott brothers, don't know what you're on about. RUOK?

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate, it's great to see you raise this. There's a distinct lack of Melbourne people interested to talk about the Geelong Football League. Who do you like out of Colac or St Mary's? As for the Scott brothers, don't know what you're on about. RUOK?

I’m fine thanks. You?

From down that way my teams are Grovedale, Bannockburn, Torquay and Simpson. 😍 All the Tigers. 😁

But I have a soft spot for Anarchy FC, sounds like chaos. 😁

Not been anything watchable come out of the area footy wise since Warwick Yates’ sideburns in the 70’s though.

1625637832747.png

Watch this space……...

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

You’ve just won 3 flags in 4 years and you’re worried about Geelong whom you beat beyond comfortably in one of those grand finals?

91B53586-F779-438E-A92C-4EA25A39DB62.gif

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Well, it has happened.

Arch AFL manipulator C Scott has managed to transition the man who failed to deliver the Cats a flag, his best friend S Hocking, out of the role and replaced him with none other than his own inferior twin brother, B Scott.

B Scott will now do C Scott’s bidding as one man rules committee, MRO final adjudicator, and umpire overlord.

Dark day for footy, but we are watching you right here Bradley David Walter Scott, we will track every move you make.

Let’s see if the AFL or B Scott do anything about dealing with his conflict of interests while in this role at the same time his twin brother is coach of an AFL team.

Signed,

Horrified, Rye, Victoria. 😩😩😩

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hopefully Brad Scott announces some great new rule changes with the proclamation that they should bring more Gary Rohan moments. 😳

z547043

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Just saw the thread title and thought at least this bloke is consistent. Every time that the AFL appoints a new football operations officer, that has previously worked at an AFL football club, he calls out the potential bias he will inevitably show those former clubs.

How disappointing, some 7-8 posts in, to find absolutely zero mention of the inevitable leg-up and favouring that Brad Scott will provide to his former stomping grounds of Hawthorn, Brisbane, Collingwood and Kangaroos.

Oh wait, one team does get a mention though, one that Brad Scott has never had any involvement with…

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Just saw the thread title and thought at least this bloke is consistent. Every time that the AFL appoints a new football operations officer, that has previously worked at an AFL football club, he calls out the potential bias he will inevitably show those former clubs.

How disappointing, some 7-8 posts in, to find absolutely zero mention of the inevitable leg-up and favouring that Brad Scott will provide to his former stomping grounds of Hawthorn, Brisbane, Collingwood and Kangaroos.

Oh wait, one team does get a mention though, one that Brad Scott has never had any involvement with…

Good, someone to argue the losing side of this non debate.

Welcome to the thread z baby. How is life as a Geelarious supporter after your groundhog finals camPAIN? 😁

Your post, as usual, requires correcting, but I figure it is the only way you are ever going to learn. 😂

I don’t create a thread any time a person with previous links to a club is appointed Footy Ops boss. I will, however, do the right and proper thing and start a new thread each time a close associate of CURRENT Geelong coach Chris Scott is appointed Footy Ops boss.

So

IF we manage to get B Scott sacked in the way we saw S Hocking off by calling him out on the other thread, and

Chris Scott’s dearly beloved wife Sarah Scott is subsequently appointed AFL Footy Operations Manager,

THEN I will start a new thread entitled Sarah Scott Conflict of Interests. I trust you understand the pattern now. 😁

Last edited:

Because the OP is hopelessly and utterly obsessed with that team...

Feb 7, 2009
lost somewhere in time
AFL Club
Geelong

How do you feel about the AFL bias changing the rules for mark of the year to gift it to a Richmond player. Thought you had to win it in the round to be in contention. Brad Scott already on the Richmond payroll

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"G'day Brad... So what's the rule of the week for this round? What have the umps been looking at?"

2a0cbf1b7bde9b2a08f090f73dbd3a81

"No shiit?!? There's gonna be a crackdown on chopping the arms, huh?
I'll pass that along Blicavs, Henderson and Stewart.... Cheers Bro!"

chris-scott-senior-coach-of-the-cats-speaks-to-media-during-a-geelong-picture-id1175143588

"Righto fellas, remember what we talked about... Umps are gonna be red hot on arm chops...Long bombs to Tomahawk and Jez...

Forwards: no grappling... I wanna see you in
front with your arms up... Let's milk it, boys!"

1cdc65f50975eabbcc891fd1c89dc4cc

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
"G'day Brad... So what's the rule of the week for this round? What have the umps been looking at?"

2a0cbf1b7bde9b2a08f090f73dbd3a81

"No shiit?!? There's gonna be a crackdown on chopping the arms, huh?
I'll pass that along Blicavs, Henderson and Stewart.... Cheers Bro!"

chris-scott-senior-coach-of-the-cats-speaks-to-media-during-a-geelong-picture-id1175143588

"Righto fellas, remember what we talked about... Umps are gonna be red hot on arm chops...Long bombs to Tomahawk and Jez...

Forwards: no grappling... I wanna see you in
front with your arms up... Let's milk it, boys!"

1cdc65f50975eabbcc891fd1c89dc4cc

It really is as simple as that Back One. 😩

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How do you feel about the AFL bias changing the rules for mark of the year to gift it to a Richmond player. Thought you had to win it in the round to be in contention. Brad Scott already on the Richmond payroll

If it is that important to you Caveman then you can have mark of the year for one of Hawkins chest marks, if we can have fair rules and adjudications back.

But it seems you think the AFL should follow whatever you misunderstand the rules to be. Wow. 😱

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Just worth posting segments here for posterity, but also giving it a little examination. Bolded are bits of the article and not bolded, are bits of truth. 😁

AFL football operations boss Brad Scott says he has resisted making changes to the stand rule ahead of the season because he came in with a mandate of “not changing any changes in the short term”.

….Presumably his twin brother refused to let him unwind any of the rule changes Geelong had insisted Steven Hocking bring in the previous year if he, Hocking, wanted the Geelong CEO job.

Quizzed by Matthew Richardson about why the rule wasn’t altered again, Scott said he was intent on leaving the rules as they were until he had more time to assess during his first season as football operations boss.

OK, this is interesting. First he says he didn’t have the mandate to change the stupid rule, then he says he himself was intent on leaving the rules as they were. Hmmmm….

“The game has undergone a lot of change in the last few years combined with the (COVID) environment we’ve all lived through,” he said on Sportsday.

Then he subtely blames COVID for it without actually saying it in classic Scott fashion…..

“The last thing people need is more change. We wanted to get back into the footy (played) the way people know and love it.

Aha, right. “We.” Presumably this means he and his evil twin brother. But the next bit is intriguing, they wanted to get back into footy being played the way people know and love…..well I have been watching and mostly loving footy for 50 years Bradley, and I am thinking hard, but I can’t recall seeing a player made to stand still 250 times per game while another man runs away with the ball being part of any game I knew and loved.

But is he also implicating himself in the introduction of this rule in the first place? Sounds suspiciously like it…you heard it first here. 😁

“I came in with a mandate of not changing any rules in the short term, but in saying that, we have to keep a close watch on everything.

“Defence was clearly winning in the battle of offence versus defence, the stand rule whether you like it or not removes the first layer of defence and then the other layers of defence get diminished.”

….Stop the BS BS, if all these layers of defence were removed or diminished….why didn’t scoring noticeably increase?

I can see this bloke is going to provide us with some serious amusement before he is unceremoniously sacked.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope when Brendon Gale succeeds Gil as CEO that you invest as much time on Gale's 'conflict of interest' as you do on others appointed from clubs to senior AFL positions

OK, thanks for the vote of confidence Sttew. You obviously love my compelling conflict of interest threads. 😁
Compelling? Not sure, but appreciate the effort!! At least you are consistent

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok s**t is getting real for this campaigner now, whatever s**t getting real is.
Brad Scott said, as quoted in my post #17 above, he "came in with a mandate of not changing any of the changes.” “The last thing we need is more change.”

He promptly and without trial or a proper period of consultation decides on the massive change that any player displaying any questioning body language or verbal language towards an umpire after they have made even the worst wrong decision will incur a 50m penalty. And then it is allowed and then it isn’t allowed and then it is sometimes allowed but other times not. And then it is allowed if the player when 90% into the process of displaying said body language but remembers he thinks he is not allowed to, and makes a belated decision to not display the final 10% of the questioning body language(Heeney.) But it isn’t allowed when another player does a complete version of a less demonstrative and abbreviated questioning body language motion that is only 20% as demonstrative of the Heeney version(Andrews.)

Brad, for someone who clearly recognised the last thing we needed was more change, your poorly thought through change has sure made a mess.

Here is what you should have done if you wanted to improve umpire respect without making a mess of the game:

Put the matter in the hands of the MRO after providing him with a well thought through set of principles to follow. Principles arrived at after proper consultation with stake holders. Fine players for unsightly dissent. Suspend players for serious dissent. Do not penalise players for dissent with insufficient force.

Here is what you should not have done if you wanted to improve respect for umpires:

Force the umpires into a position where they have to further punish players/teams they have have already punished by making one error.

Here is what you should do now:

Resign with immediate effect. You are clearly not up to being in a position to be the principle person in charge of the rules of the game.

Here is what football should do urgently:

Take the rules of the game out of the AFL Football Operations department and place it in the hands of an independent body set up as custodians of the rules, not dissimilar to the MCC with cricket rules.

This current situation with our rules being dictated by best friends and twin brothers of a current AFL coach is beyond the pale and needs to be corrected urgently before it descends any further into farce.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
To fine or not to fine? This is the question….

Brad Scott is the MRO final decision maker. The MRO cannot make a decision without the approval of Brad Scott.

Brad Scott is also Geelong FC head coach Chris Scott’s brother. Identical twin brother no less.

Chris Scott has a guy called Tom Hawkins who plays in his team, “Tomahawk” to some. “Cannonball” may be a more apt description because he appears to be shot out of this following contest like one:

So at a tight moment in this contest, for his amateurish-at-best thespian display, “Cannonball” Hawkins:

- wins a free kick from the officiating umpire

- a 50m penalty from the non officiating umpire because a couple of opponents praised Hawkins acting skills in his vague vicinty, and

- a huge tick of approval by the MRO with the desperate plea for “more cannonball moments please.”

Who do the umpires answer to in their employment? Ah yes, Brad Scott.

Who does the MRO answer to in his employment?
Ah yes, Brad Scott(he effectively is the MRO)

Who does Brad Scott answer to in his employment?

As pointed out earlier in this thread…..his twin brother Chris Scott of course.

But of course there could be no suggestion of any collusion or unconscious bias here, these people are all of unimpeachable character. Of course they are………Cannonball Hawkins was only trying to help his team win after all. 😁

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
To fine or not to fine? This is the question….

Brad Scott is the MRO final decision maker. The MRO cannot make a decision without the approval of Brad Scott.

Brad Scott is also Geelong FC head coach Chris Scott’s brother. Identical twin brother no less.

Chris Scott has a guy called Tom Hawkins who plays in his team, “Tomahawk” to some. “Cannonball” may be a more apt description because he appears to be shot out of this following contest like one:

So at a tight moment in this contest, for his amateurish-at-best thespian display, “Cannonball” Hawkins:

- wins a free kick from the officiating umpire

- a 50m penalty from the non officiating umpire because a couple of opponents praised Hawkins acting skills in his vague vicinty, and

- a huge tick of approval by the MRO with the desperate plea for “more cannonball moments please.”

Who do the umpires answer to in their employment? Ah yes, Brad Scott.

Who does the MRO answer to in his employment?
Ah yes, Brad Scott(he effectively is the MRO)

Who does Brad Scott answer to in his employment?

As pointed out earlier in this thread…..his twin brother Chris Scott of course.

But of course there could be no suggestion of any collusion or unconscious bias here, these people are all of unimpeachable character. Of course they are………Cannonball Hawkins was only trying to help his team win after all. 😁

I quite like the way you defend Cotchin in the other thread. You get pretty upset by it all and I’m sure you cry whilst you type because how dare anyone question Cotchin but the points you make are really good.

You than come here and be a complete goose.
It’s amusing watching you defend Cotchin to a bunch of nuffies. You dish out such rot but can’t handle it back.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I quite like the way you defend Cotchin in the other thread. You get pretty upset by it all and I’m sure you cry whilst you type because how dare anyone question Cotchin but the points you make are really good.

You than come here and be a complete goose.
It’s amusing watching you defend Cotchin to a bunch of nuffies. You dish out such rot but can’t handle it back.

Whiskers, if you like the way I defend Cotchin in the other thread, when you can tell I am crying whilst I type because how dare anyone question Cotchin…..then whilst you are crying because how dare anyone question the Scott/Hocking cartel that is destroying football, you can employ my methods from the other thread in defending the said cartel here.

Then we will all be happy. 😁

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I must seriously apologise for the lack of effectiveness of this thread on this occasion.

It seems Brad Scott’s sheer incompetence and lack of professionalism will see him sacked long before we can properly tighten the conflict of interest noose around his neck.

I feel cheated.. 😩😩😩

Back