Brad Scott how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm he hasn't even had one proper off season and pre season to do anything.
he got appointed in September, htf is that not a full pre-season

He hasn't had a say on the list yet tho

Lyon was appointed a month later for referrence

Last edited:
N
Umm he hasn't even had one proper off season and pre season to do anything.
Both Ross Lyon and Brad Scott has full.pre seasons yet despite all of the injuries, the Saints are playing the finals

Last edited:
Brad Scott made a lot of excuses for Essendon with injuries and players getting tired but making excuses just gives the players an excuse to check out.

A good coach like Ross Lyon doesn't make excuses, when we had a lot of injuries he ignored them and focused on the players we had getting it done.

I don't think Brad Scott is a bad coach but he needs to be stronger in the message he sends to his players, don't make excuses for them, get it done.

Never gets old

Attachments

• 6B88B1C8-40A4-4368-88D8-AD59AB266A04.png
    6B88B1C8-40A4-4368-88D8-AD59AB266A04.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 145
While I do think essendon have improved, they still have the same issues as they had under Rutten. That is they're too easy to score against. Heading into this round they had given up the 4th most points this season. They allow the 4th most i50s per game, 5th most marks i50 per game, and allow the 4th most metres gained per game (although this one has the giants 3rd worst so can still be solid defensively and give up ground). I'm sure there are better stats than these to highlight how easy they are to play against but this is what footywire had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As i said before Essendon have yet to move on from the drugs scandal fiasco. Sheeds is still loitering around the joint as well!

Until those issues are resolved then it doesn't matter who the coach is, Essendon will be a club that'll continually be set up to fail imo.

Obviously Carlton has been through it's issues as a club as well, but i do feel that unlike the Bombers we've finally moved on from them.

Considering how strong Essendon were in the late 90's and early 00's, not winning a finals game for almost twenty years is a shocking statistic.

I'm sure things will turnaround at some point, but between the hangover from the drugs scandal, Sheeds and Dodoro etc, Essendon have some big calls to make as a club imo.

Last edited:
Brad lowering the bar lol

When we were in the 8 that's not actually where we're at.. we're actually s**t.. expect us to continue to be s**t until I get a chance to turn it around.

Bit of a cop out. You don't go from the type of footy they played against us to what they served up against GWS and Collingwood for no reason

8 of their last 9 games in Victoria too (save the Giants game). Narrow home losses to Port & Swans, narrow home wins to bottom 2, smashed by Geelong, Bulldogs, Pies. Crows at home their best win since the Carlton game in mid June. Even their early season win against the Demons was gather round in Adelaide.

Only twice this year did they beat teams then in the top 8 (Demons in Adelaide (6 days after Perth) and Crows in Melbourne). And not once in 2023 did they beat a team that was higher on ladder points.

Sheedy, Dodoro and the other old boys club are the cancer of Essendon and need to be removed.

To be a professional afl club you cannot have disunity and unprofessionalism on the scale we are seeing from the outside. Clear them out and get it professionals who aren't driven by ego, self interest and pull favors for their mates.

The best thing that happened at Carlton was the exit of Matheson this year.

Essendon have gone backwards … rumblings at windy hill.

Does he get another season?
As long as Lloyd wants him

He is the campaigner that *s over every coach

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Only for clubs that the AFL helps out

Carlton payed out 6 months for David Teague. Are they a club AFL helps out? But the Dogs seemly cant for Bevo. This ruling seems confusing.

As i said before Essendon have yet to move on from the drugs scandal fiasco. Sheeds is still loitering around the joint as well!

Until those issues are resolved then it doesn't matter who the coach is, Essendon will be a club that'll continually be set up to fail imo.

Obviously Carlton has been through it's issues as a club as well, but i do feel that unlike the Bombers we've finally moved on from them.

Considering how strong Essendon were in the late 90's and early 00's, not winning a finals game for almost twenty years is a shocking statistic.

I'm sure things will turnaround at some point, but between the hangover from the drugs scandal, Sheeds and Dodoro etc, Essendon have some big calls to make as a club imo.
When Board member Sheedy felt it necessary to go to the media to say he supported Hird over Scott, the club should have asked him to resign.
The fact they didn't says everything about Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back