Brad Scott - New Essendon Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

This is disturbing. Essendon finally displaying signs of intelligence. It may be sentient after all.
Dodo and Sheedy still seem to be running the place so I'd stay optimistic if I was the opposition. He might just be coach 6 to take the blame for clubs failures

He vehemently defended the ump's earlier in the season in his position with the AFL in regards to the player dissent rule...

Will be interesting to see his reaction if the Bombers get reamed in a game at his after match press conference.....

I think this is reasonable appointment, he never really had the list at North to do much better than the results he got imo.
Results can come later

First it's about sorting us out as a shambles. Which I think he is well placed to do

Also, King is a ****wit who has history with Brad. Scatters opinions, cherry picks vision/stats, and really offers very little in the way of anything that holds water.

To pile on so soon and think Yze was the answer when a) he'd been passed up by other clubs, b) wasn't privy to the process & c) is paid for clicks....
Yep King is an absolute halfwit with biased opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's legit lost the plot

“I am extremely disappointed that the comment from my club was that it was fully endorsed, when in fact I voted for James Hird to be the coach of Essendon,’’ Sheedy said.

“The vote was 6-1.

‘’Now, I would’ve expected that to have been written, and that in the end the board actually won that vote.

“But I want to make sure all the fans know that I voted for James Hird and I’m extremely disappointed with the report that went out from the Essendon media department.

“I’m not happy.

“Don’t tell the Essendon fan base an untruth.

“This is what happens when you bring new people into the club.

“I actually felt insulted that Hird would think I voted against him after what he’s done for our club.’’

The mind boggles at the claim that Scott deserves credit for “overachieving” for a poor list.

It’s almost as if consistently playing favourites, leaving youngsters worthy of a shot to rot in the VFL, and picking up more than your fair share of shitmen hasbeens from other clubs, has a negative impact on building a strong list.

He had 10 years. His inability to lead development and mould a list to properly challenge is on him.

I actually don't think it really matters who is coach. Unless we have a united board and executive from top to bottom, we'll continue going nowhere.

we cant just sack people who disagree

that's why you have boards with an odd number, so they can vote.

i have no issues with sheedy voting for hird, but i'm glad the board voted with common sense.

if sheedy is going to white ant people though, than he needs to go in the bin.

The mind boggles at the claim that Scott deserves credit for “overachieving” for a poor list.

It’s almost as if consistently playing favourites, leaving youngsters worthy of a shot to rot in the VFL, and picking up more than your fair share of shitmen hasbeens from other clubs, has a negative impact on building a strong list.

He had 10 years. His inability to lead development and mould a list to properly challenge is on him.
Agreed, Scott is a terrible choice

Still a few galaxies ahead of Hird though!

Yeah Essendon is going nowhere with Sheedy on the board.

Followed a good process, got a stable coach and then they manage to find a way to mess it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back