News Brad Scott Re-Signs. 2 year extention - OOC end of 2020.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-30/scott-to-resign-watch-it-live-from-130pm-aest

Confirmed by Buckley.

Plan for the club was to give young players a chance, largely headed by Brad, have been very happy with the way this has gone.

Key plank on putting us on the path to a successful sustainable team and hope to be competing in finals in the near future.

Sub committee and Carl Dilena, Glenn Archer came to determination Brad is the best person to continue leading us through that phase.
319875fb-220b-4f96-9273-efeb9d463915.jpg

05edf607-ffb0-434d-8106-412dea170142.jpg

c781e091-dfb3-484d-95ff-492ae5a29953.jpg

5be89afe-9c52-4850-8eed-bef580e5bbc2.jpg

Brad: I can understand other clubs may have been keen to approach my management but for me there was never any thought other than staying with North Melbourne. The media were out there apparently telling me what I was doing, theres only one person who knew that and it was me.

Bring on the backtracking from Caro and barrett for their Gold Coast rubbish

Last edited:
First time in my life that a North coach has won so few games and not been sacked, let alone given an extension. Brave or Foolish? I hope it works out well.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Shouldnt of locked the other thread as those people will find elsewhere....although this one might be their new home? :)

First time in my life that a North coach has won so few games and not been sacked, let alone given an extension. Brave or Foolish? I hope it works out well.
First time in his tenure we've won under 10 games. Reckon the club is taking the line of not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
WTF . * you GC . Another 3 years of this crap FFS . We are ****ed ...

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shouldnt of locked the other thread as those people will find elsewhere....although this one might be their new home? :)

The club can do what they like and sign him up for 10 years. They won't get another dollar from me while he's there. That's 3 memberships gone down the gurgler.

Spitta09

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why are we in any rush to resign him though? Its ridiculous that he still has a year on his contract why not let it play until end of next year? Unless its got to do with players we are chasing-this is stupidity.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well it's not Waite who has been decided on, said they remain fluid around the decision for him to go on.

Why are we in any rush to resign him though? Its ridiculous that he still has a year on his contract why not let it play until end of next year? Unless its got to do with players we are chasing-this is stupidity.

I'd expect it has a lot to do with that. Noone wants instability when they're looking to switch clubs.

Say we're a 50% chance to get Martin (random number), drops to 20% with no stability regarding leadership following the year after you join.

Can't say I am happy, I would have preferred we saw what next year had in store first. Not sure another 3 years of NO Plan B will thrill the masses. It might be time for some new assistants and new ideas if we are going to stay with him

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Because its fair to say that over the course of his tenure, we generally went forward. Questions remain about the development of our 1-4 year group, and his history of selecting under performing, but senior, players - however I imagine the club is placing a bet on him that he has learnt lessons and have given him the space he needs to show that he has learnt those lessons.

Back