Brad Scott should be sacked immediately

Brad Scott should be sacked immediately

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray, Nahas will be gone at end of year for anyone asking just not important enough to give a send off. Waite and Wells one more year I think this decision was made on we lack a quick skilled mid like wells and couldn't cull while Waite down would leave brown suddenly number one fwd..

As for Brad, well I hate him and the current administration but for list management and other reasons and I think they should go end of his contact next year. However on this discussion he's being blamed and attacked for a club made decision. If they believe these players playing is not in best interest of the club going forward and they say no not leaving what choice do you have. Boomer is the main one and I would of liked to see him play on.. I reserve judgement until he speaks

Definitely sacked immediately, it would really motivate the players and coaching staff going into finals, and lets face it Scott coaching is just holding back the younger coaches, he's not going to be there for their next premiership. ;)

Rubbish coach. Just like his brother.
127729179.jpg

Suck on that biatch !!!

Got a pretty average aging list to two prelims regardless of the luck they have had to make those prelims.

Take emotion out of it he has been pretty good and that's even allowing for the roof being open ;)

And seriously I'm sure Scott isn't the only bloke that made this decision. The recruiting manager should be the first to go their drafting has been average at best and they are still thinking about bring blokes like Mundy and Deledio in???

There is an add that plays on SEN that has him saying that he wants to leave a legacy at North....
He has certainly done that...
Probably not the one that he hoped for though.

I don't understand the hatred for what Scott did? So what they didn't win the flag but the club identified they were in the mix and loaded up to make sure
Everyone is a hindsight hero but the roos were a chance this year, had they not had any injuries at round 10 they could easily have won enough games to be top 4 but it didn't happen
Don't know why anyone would be sacked for trying to win the premiership
Only one coaches plans per year ever end up working
Completely agree. You simply can not blame him for keeping his most senior players on the park week in week out and ensuring they had another season in 2016 together. Waite was at one point the best forward of the competition, Harvey is Harvey and just hasn't slowed down, Petrie more than a handful at times and you can't put a spud defender on him, Firritto deserved another year, as did Dal Santo.

Back to back prelims tells you that the team is well in the mix, to rebuild post 2015 could've been seen as a wasted chance. Scott in the media and the so called 'brand damaging' is just nonsense, lots of coaches aren't as media savvy as others but who cares, the OP wouldn't be mentioning it if they were top 4.

Ironic that the very first reply in this thread is a Geelong supporter trying to make it about Richmond.
Look I get that some Geelong supporters are insanely angry that after 35 odd years of fail, Richmond remains one of the biggest clubs in the AFL, whilst Geelong clings to it's minnow status with fans who are infamous for cowardly abandoning their club at the first sign of a challenge, even mid game. But please don't turn try to turn every single thread into a dig at the Tigers. It becomes really, really tiresome.

Geelong a minnow? Wowee!

Own stadium with plenty home games - tick
Stadium packed out most of the time - tick
Premierships in the last decade - triple tick
Revenue up - tick
Able to attract quality stars from other clubs - tick

Apply the same to Richmond and we might find out who the true minnow is in this equation

Ray, Nahas will be gone at end of year for anyone asking just not important enough to give a send off. Waite and Wells one more year I think this decision was made on we lack a quick skilled mid like wells and couldn't cull while Waite down would leave brown suddenly number one fwd..

As for Brad, well I hate him and the current administration but for list management and other reasons and I think they should go end of his contact next year. However on this discussion he's being blamed and attacked for a club made decision. If they believe these players playing is not in best interest of the club going forward and they say no not leaving what choice do you have. Boomer is the main one and I would of liked to see him play on.. I reserve judgement until he speaks
Boomer should have been allowed to make the call himself

Geelong a minnow? Wowee!

Own stadium with plenty home games - tick
Stadium packed out most of the time - tick
Premierships in the last decade - triple tick
Revenue up - tick
Able to attract quality stars from other clubs - tick

Apply the same to Richmond and we might find out who the true minnow is in this equation

Got the membership totals handy?

Just not sure why you'd want him to stick around when he clearly has the wood over your coach.

Almost every coach does. You or I would also have the wood over Hardwick. Scott's replacement will be no different.

If you want to talk about Richmond please bump one of the other many threads about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has done better than Leppitsch, Malthouse (at Carlton), Buckley, Hird, McKenna/Eade, Hardwick, and McCartney (when he coached). He has broken even with Beveridge the last two years and also knocked out Geelong in the semi in 2014.

Why isn't the gun ever pointed at the other heads of department? Recruiting, fitness etc.

He has done better than Leppitsch, Malthouse (at Carlton), Buckley, Hird, McKenna/Eade, Hardwick, and McCartney (when he coached). He has broken even with Beveridge the last two years and also knocked out Geelong in the semi in 2014.

How can they even be compared? Beveridge inherited a broken down gameplan with a very young/inexperienced list and McCartney was transitioning a team from freeflowing scoring to lock down contested ball and oversaw a heap of retiring old guys from the prelim years.

To compare Beveridge to Scott you'd need to wait about 5-10 years. Scott didn't get anywhere near the results that Beveridge has with a similary aged list.

He's been coaching the same AFL club for 7 years with nothing to show for it....and some people think that isn't long enough ?

7 yrs is an absolute eternity in footy.... especially a coach that was handed every chance in the world with nothing to show for it. You don't need anymore time than that.

Didn't Laidley get them to a Prelim after finishing top 4 ? Now the man that replaced him gets 7 years to implement and see his plans right thru, then offers the club nothing more than to send them down the ladder rather than admit he failed and fall on his sword.

How can they even be compared? Beveridge inherited a broken down gameplan with a very young/inexperienced list and McCartney was transitioning a team from freeflowing scoring to lock down contested ball and oversaw a heap of retiring old guys from the prelim years.

To compare Beveridge to Scott you'd need to wait about 5-10 years. Scott didn't get anywhere near the results that Beveridge has with a similary aged list.
Oh ok, McCartney was 'transitioning' which is code for 'not getting anywhere', where Scott was taking his team further than the WB. Please, don't try and sell that nonsense.

He's been coaching the same AFL club for 7 years with nothing to show for it....and some people think that isn't long enough ?

7 yrs is an absolute eternity in footy.... especially a coach that was handed every chance in the world with nothing to show for it. You don't need anymore time than that.

Didn't Laidley get them to a Prelim after finishing top 4 ? Now the man that replaced him gets 7 years to implement and see his plans right thru, then offers the club nothing more than to send them down the ladder rather than admit he failed and fall on his sword.
How exactly has he failed?

The Harvey thing cannot be solely levelled at the coach, I suspect he was the messenger for the blokes above his head making the calls.

The whole thing reeks of maladministration.

Whoever it was, it's a terrible call. Harvey is still turning it on, is one of their best players and is a crowd favourite. Same reason Enright is still at Geelong and will be offered another year if he wants it.

Back