Brad Scott should be sacked immediately

Brad Scott should be sacked immediately

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as i would prefer Harvey go on as mutual. i don't get all this reaction. Everybody on here was calling for the cull, but suddenly next minute it happens and everybody hates brad scott

As much as i would prefer Harvey go on as mutual. i don't get all this reaction. Everybody on here was calling for the cull, but suddenly next minute it happens and everybody hates brad scott

A cull of the other old players they are carrying. I'm pretty sure most didn't include Boomer in that group.

As a north fan I'd agree with most of that, he wont be sacked, unfortunately, but I don't think hes the right person to take us to our next premiership... whenever that may be

How can they even be compared? Beveridge inherited a broken down gameplan with a very young/inexperienced list and McCartney was transitioning a team from freeflowing scoring to lock down contested ball and oversaw a heap of retiring old guys from the prelim years.

To compare Beveridge to Scott you'd need to wait about 5-10 years. Scott didn't get anywhere near the results that Beveridge has with a similary aged list.
Beveridge is a far superior coach

There is a point to this thread in my view just not seeing it addressed. Clearly the club has to make decisions about not renewing contracts for older players, as all clubs do.
What astounds me is you would do it prior to the last H &A round. I know the club has said it's to ensure the faithful a chance to farewell them at home, but still. That kinda rubbishes the argument the club lacks respect for them, or it's fans at least.
I dont know what it means to how they will perform for the rest of the year, and the club must know the players view's better than us.
If they do come out and underperform for the rest of the season should Scott be sacked, probably in my view.
If they play well then absolutely not, he's a genius.

Oh ok, McCartney was 'transitioning' which is code for 'not getting anywhere', where Scott was taking his team further than the WB. Please, don't try and sell that nonsense.
McCartney was a terrible matchday tactician, no argument there.

Great development coach you'd have to agree?

And I notice you avoided the Beveridge comparison. Talk about selling nonsense. Not even half the coach that Beveridge is, but as I said, to be fair you'd have to wait a few years.

There is an add that plays on SEN that has him saying that he wants to leave a legacy at North....

There's another ad on SEN that says "Some clubs will never win premierships again... they just won't" which clearly refers to North (and Richmond).

McCartney was a terrible matchday tactician, no argument there.

Great development coach you'd have to agree?

And I notice you avoided the Beveridge comparison. Talk about selling nonsense. Not even half the coach that Beveridge is, but as I said, to be fair you'd have to wait a few years.
What's Beveridge done that Scott hasn't? You went out in an elimination Final last year, and you'll struggle this year especially if as predicted it's an away game in Perth. I am not saying its all down to the coaches, but it's a big part. As far as McCartney goes, well you don't employ him as a development coach, so yes, Scott was/is much better.

Doesn't deserve to be sacked but would love to know what a pass mark for next year is? Has been at the helm for so many years and this list is now his. He is responsible for what has happened. Surely its a reset/rebuild but how big of a reset? Do they go to bottom 4 and is that acceptable?

Doesn't deserve to be sacked but would love to know what a pass mark for next year is? Has been at the helm for so many years and this list is now his. He is responsible for what has happened. Surely its a reset/rebuild but how big of a reset? Do they go to bottom 4 and is that acceptable?
They'd want to finish 8-11 and no lower, in fact the pressure would be on to be playing finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point saying that well paid AFL players like Petrie etc should retire rather than need pushing...when overpaid coaches (on even more $) refuse to do it.

How is he the right man to pick/coach the right kids ? Did i miss something or hasnt he already proven he isn't the right guy.

Coaching an AFL club is an honour...least he can do is the honourable thing in return.

What's Beveridge done that Scott hasn't? You went out in an elimination Final last year, and you'll struggle this year especially if as predicted it's an away game in Perth.
Well, to start off with, he's coached his side to 2 finals appearances in his first 2 years. Something Scott didn't do.

And with a younger list during his first 2 years. Of course we'll struggle this year genius, we've got half a side sitting in the stands. At full strength we're a top 4 calibre side. Again, testament to Beverdidge turning around the careers of half a dozen players and formulating a gameplan that made us competitive again.

Geelongs is the highest they've ever had,more than 5000 more than the previous best.......but keep telling us how we're minnows.
BTW minnows that keep beating your "big 4" team year after year after year.

:p

Why is the Geelong hatred for Richmond so strong? We've given you Brad Ottens and a free win for 15+ years, you should be thanking us.

Malthouse has it all over both Scotts.

A bad experience with Carlton means nothing other than he has done some soul searching recently..

And add the Collingwood experience, Mick would have learned a lot in the last few seasons. Malthouse is the best coach no contracted. And is still one of the elite coaches alive.
Bomber would be a much better fit. And a better coach regardless.

Scott can live or die by his decisions. I think he got it mostly right with the exception of 1 more year for Harvey but at the end of the day you have to move forward. The way this has been announced is a disgrace but I doubt that has much to do with Scott.

Would love to sink the boot into Scott and North as much as the next dog supporter, but credit to him and their list manager - he 100% made the right call here. Out of the 4 blokes they've cut 3 were passengers and Harvey won't be a part of their next contender team. There's quite a few others that should be looking over their shoulder too.
Hes made the right call. Its how and when its been done.

He's made finals how many years running? I don't like him much but the calls for his head are a joke - better performed than most coaches going around.

This is true, but if his strategy to go for the flag fell short. I think he needs to be held accountable to that. The team has stayed between 6-10 during his 7 years whilst the two prelims were great but I do think that, at least in retrospect it may have given us an inflated sense of the teams ability.

Back