Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 19.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one would throw themselves at a coaching job in SA

Nice place to visit, not to live
Might work out well then, all our coaches are only visiting 🤣

But anyone would throw themselves at money, look at Carlton’s last half dozen coaches. No chance of success and pocketing a mint!

Why don’t you just hire Neil Craig and Terry Wallace? They coached for around a decade without a GF appearance too.
Give me a break.
I don't think that BunjiMC was advocating BScott for Crows Coach (BunjiMC ?). "Prediction" comes under the intent of speculation.
When Scott's selfless "standing down" :rolleyes: was announced, I wondered:
--- did he get the tap on the shoulder and was allowed after 10 years to "step aside" heroically?
--- would the Crows be interested in him? (not for my money --- his Coaching record is not as good as Pyke's, as you suggest, plus his true allegiance would be most likely with Brisbane. More likely NM would sound out Pyke, ha!)
--- would he consider an Assistant's job under Pyke? (probably not).

I thought the OP's questions were reasonable, and worth some discussion.

BASSETT should be the obvious choice
Very much in the take no prisoners and lateral thinker mould like Blight and we know how that went
Will never happen though under the current admin though
We'll just get another process driven yes man

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

There have been some thread on here I disagreed with, but thought hey that's someone's opinion, they are entitled to it.

This is not one of those. This is just Stupid.

Brad Scott has had a decade at North Melbourne and achieved absolutely nothing. Not to mention the culture, list and overall image of the club Is the worst it's been since he took on that rabble of an outfit.

Pyke on the other hand got us to a grand final two seasons ago and in all likelihood will lead us into finals again this year.

We need to stop having knee-jerk reactions as supporters every time we lose a game. It's just fickle and stupid.

Am I happy with our season? NO. Should we start sacking the coach, the captain, the groundskeeper, the orange boy? NO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much in the take no prisoners and lateral thinker mould like Blight and we know how that went

I'm sure Port supporters would be very happy to get rid of Bassett right now.

He may end up a head coach, but I doubt it's as certain as what it was before he took that job.

Say wut? You're dreaming. I'd even say yes to Brad Scott if it meant not having to have Bassett.

Hell, if we want Scott lets go the full monty and throw everything at Hinkley to lure him across. Hes even betterer than Scott.

How are 60% of people still keen on Pyke? he has to go! from where we were 9:50pm post Prelim final 2017 to where we are now is a huge drop off! the bloke has f****d it up! pre season 2017/18 was enough for him to get sacked IMO
He wont get anymore out of this group.. he has to go!
He will be sacked this year cos we wont make the 8 and we wont win more than 9 games.

How are 60% of people still keen on Pyke? he has to go! from where we were 9:50pm post Prelim final 2017 to where we are now is a huge drop off! the bloke has f****d it up! pre season 2017/18 was enough for him to get sacked IMO
He wont get anymore out of this group.. he has to go!
He will be sacked this year cos we wont make the 8 and we wont win more than 9 games.
I doubt anyone else would get much more out of this group with the setup Pyke has around him, which would likely remain even with a new head coach.

No one would throw themselves at a coaching job in SA

Nice place to visit, not to live
Brad, you've just been offered the head coaching role at the Crows.

R24ScottCelebration.gif

No wait, it's actually Carlton.

giphy.gif

I don't think that BunjiMC was advocating BScott for Crows Coach (BunjiMC ?). "Prediction" comes under the intent of speculation.
When Scott's selfless "standing down" :rolleyes: was announced, I wondered:
--- did he get the tap on the shoulder and was allowed after 10 years to "step aside" heroically?
--- would the Crows be interested in him? (not for my money --- his Coaching record is not as good as Pyke's, as you suggest, plus his true allegiance would be most likely with Brisbane. More likely NM would sound out Pyke, ha!)
--- would he consider an Assistant's job under Pyke? (probably not).

I thought the OP's questions were reasonable, and worth some discussion.
I'm not sure what I want.... although I do know I want a flag. I feel as though we lack some mongral in a leadership position. I feel as though Brad Scott would offer that, whether as head coach or other.

From his press conference it sounds like Brad Scott is happy in retirement.....for now.

There have been some thread on here I disagreed with, but thought hey that's someone's opinion, they are entitled to it.

This is not one of those. This is just Stupid.

Brad Scott has had a decade at North Melbourne and achieved absolutely nothing. Not to mention the culture, list and overall image of the club Is the worst it's been since he took on that rabble of an outfit.

When B.S took over the coaching role at Nth they were almost moving to Tasmania.. He got then to two prelims with pretty average lists. To say he has achieved absolutely nothing is a stretch. I'm not saying I want Brad Scott, however, I am starting to feel it is time for a new coach.

2 years running we have been tipped to be up near the top and so far we have failed to deliver. Pyke may be a good coach, but we aren't playing good footy..... and something has to give.

Back