Brad Scotts “Over-Arching Legacy”???

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
What a mess Brad Scott and Cam Joyce have left our list in. Hopefully those at the club who persisted with these two, way past their expiry date, feel a touch of guilt and responsibility.
Sure, we’ve had injuries this season, but the cupboard is bare and it’s going to take years to re-stock.

We need by 2023

A Ruckman
A Full back
A full forward

We have LDU and Jy as something of a mid field to build on.

2020 two top 10 draft picks

2021 and 2022 Draft

Won’t be too long

It’s never as good or as bad as it may appear . It’s incredibly frustrating and I feel that as a club with been mediocre for far too long . I’m trying to look at this in a positive way now . Instead of us fighting our way to an admirable 9th-12th place finish, I’d now rather ya play the kids . This has highlighted our deficiencies and there will be a big clean out at the end of the year . We have 2 first round picks this year , I wonder what people’s thoughts are on trading our first rounder 2021 out for another first round thus year making it 3 top picks ? If there was a year to be playing like this then I’m glad it’s this year

It’s never as good or as bad as it may appear . It’s incredibly frustrating and I feel that as a club with been mediocre for far too long . I’m trying to look at this in a positive way now . Instead of us fighting our way to an admirable 9th-12th place finish, I’d now rather ya play the kids . This has highlighted our deficiencies and there will be a big clean out at the end of the year . We have 2 first round picks this year , I wonder what people’s thoughts are on trading our first rounder 2021 out for another first round thus year making it 3 top picks ? If there was a year to be playing like this then I’m glad it’s this year
Gotta be happy with our new boom recruit Josh Walker! Classy performance last night; 8 marks 5 contested and a goal

We don't really know what the directives from the board were. We've all heard the talk of Scott acknowledging the list needed a rebuild and wouldn't be ready to go for the last part of Cunnington and Ziebell's career.

The club signed off on the attempt to attach those 2014-2016 flags with the oldest list in the league.

Yeah Scott and Joyce made mistakes, but they aren't made without the imprimatur of the club.

We don't really know what the directives from the board were. We've all heard the talk of Scott acknowledging the list needed a rebuild and wouldn't be ready to go for the last part of Cunnington and Ziebell's career.

The club signed off on the attempt to attach those 2014-2016 flags with the oldest list in the league.

Yeah Scott and Joyce made mistakes, but they aren't made without the imprimatur of the club.

My mail is the board gave them the green light to cut deep and they resisted. Then 18 months later they went back to the board with a plan to cut deep. The board showed them the door.

Brad Scott and Joyce is to blame for the current state of the list, it still doesn’t fully absolve Shaw for some bizarre coaching in the last 5 weeks.

I just hope he is purely experimenting with an eye to 2021, because if that hasn’t been his motivation then the rowboat he is talking about will be sinking with him at the helm.

What a mess Brad Scott and Cam Joyce have left our list in. Hopefully those at the club who persisted with these two, way past their expiry date, feel a touch of guilt and responsibility.
Sure, we’ve had injuries this season, but the cupboard is bare and it’s going to take years to re-stock.

yep, Shaw copied his game plan and made it even worse, how dare Scotts!

if in doubt, blame Scotts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, literally all our kids are injured. I mean, for heaven’s sake:-

LDU
Larkey
Thomas
Jy (probably)
Kyron
Flynn
Will Walker
Comden

Scott’s had his own injury issues until relatively recently too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back