Brad Scott's New Gig At AFL House ….. What A Sham !!

Rapt we don't have to pay him but this campaigner couldn't work the game out when he was coaching, why will that change in this position?
The answer to your question is it doesn't matter because the only reason it happened at all was the first part of your post.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'd like to see a corp map with names in each department plus total base salaries and bonuses reported separately.

I'd also like to see who is related to who. Seems to be a fair amount of nepotism at AFL House. Noted the other day two brothers named one being senior and I believe the other working for them.
What industry/company/role do you work in? Unless you are self employed, its not what you know but who you know and your relationships that often dictate your career opportunities. Id imagine the AFL is an extreme example of this given the nature of most appointments.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
What industry/company/role do you work in? Unless you are self employed, its not what you know but who you know and your relationships that often dictate your career opportunities. Id imagine the AFL is an extreme example of this given the nature of most appointments.

I work for a crazy rich family with diverse business interests.

I am well and truly aware of how the world works and nepotism. It's the main reason why we don't make the profits we should be making.

Jobs for the boys and family members who really aren't the best people for the job, take the piss and don't really care about poor performance. The money wasted on non performing managers related to the family or related to other managers is astounding.

I suspect the AFL is exactly the same........except as a natural monopoly they make profits.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Steve Hocking - former Geelong player and head of football.
Brad Scott - brother of Geelong coach.

Things looking good for a home final at Kardinia Park. Expect Chris Scott to pull some funky coaching moves, lose the last two H&A games and finish third (and blame someone else for it).
chris scott to pull some funky moves? no chance he is a dud

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The door leading to the Director of Umpiring's office must have been showing "Occupied". That's historically where these types of coaches ended up.

I work for a crazy rich family with diverse business interests.

I am well and truly aware of how the world works and nepotism. It's the main reason why we don't make the profits we should be making.

Jobs for the boys and family members who really aren't the best people for the job, take the piss and don't really care about poor performance. The money wasted on non performing managers related to the family or related to other managers is astounding.

I suspect the AFL is exactly the same........except as a natural monopoly they make profits.

In an ideal world, we should be able to work out who you work for. Sadly it's all too typical.

Brad is a company man through and through - he's already been on plenty if AFL committees and the like. He knows the score.

And yes, some of it helping us with the soft cap implications - and why not, other clubs have had the AFL pay out coaches for them, hardly like it is special treatment for us.

Back