Brad Sewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Bussie

All Australian
Sep 27, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fallen out of favour at the Hawks, worth a crack at a trade? Bolster the midfield, add some maturity and isn't backwards in coming forwards. Swan and Ball aren't getting any younger. Late 3rd...4th and a lower rung player? Having said that, just looked through our list, hard pressed to find a player I'd trade out. Although we have a strong contingent of young guys coming through in the mid, I'm just throwing it out there.

Brad Sewell is the same age as both Ball and Swan. Thomas and hopefully Martin can be a reasonable replacement for Ball, not sure where we will find another Swan.

Sewell would be so good for a side like Essendon - maybe for you guys too considering how much you struggled without ball.

But I can't see him going. There were a lot of rumours when he was last out of contract because a lot of fans wanted us to secure a high draft pick from GC and GWS drafts - but I think it was just off season speculation rather than having any weight.

By the way - thought I was on the hawks board for a minute seeing threads on Sewell, Youngy and Crawf!

Good luck for the rest of the season guys. See you in a few rounds.

Wtf would we do with Sewell?

Where would he fit in a midfield already containing Swan, Pendles, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom and Daisy?

We have a kid like Josh Thomas who we should be and are putting our time into. He will be a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with Sewell is he's a one position player that's why he is out of favour, if his midfield form drops he can't contribute anywhere else.
He would be fighting the same spot as Ball, don't want him

I'd prefer to get a player from Hawthorn that doesn't get injured like a Clinton Young than someone like Sewell.

Not out of favour, just out of form. Will get ample opportunity to resurrect his season but needs to find the footy again at Box Hill for a couple of weeks. Got every confidence that he will lift towards September like he always does.

First class spud of a footballer..see ball kick it anywhere!!!

Can't believe we have a thread on this dud.

The best big-game performer at Hawthorn. Magnificent finals series last season, including strangely enough against Collingwood where he, along with Mitchell, gave your centre-square mids a football lesson.

Our third best player in 2008 GF and our best in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back