Toast Brad Sheppard 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to the man on 200 AFL games!

Arguably one of the best one on one defenders in the competition and can play tall or small. Rarely beaten and reliable as anything.

Will confess in those first few years I thought he was a bust when he was being thrown around in different positions, but once he got a fair run in the backline he's become a top tier player and never looked back.

Did the press conference today:

Would love for him to end up with a career like Corey Enrights. Shep is a bit more athletic but Enright more a natural accumulator.

A few flags and BnF's in premiership years to go in order to reach those heights.

I don't think any player flourished as much as he did after Simmo arrived. Yes he was injury prone and etc but soon as Simmo moved him back, he not only started hitting consistency but also became one of our best defenders.

Robbed of a flag from a dirty Degoey shove in the back at full pace.

Karma's a bitch you floggish sex pest, I hope that image of McGovern taking a screamer while you sit your lazy fat arse in the goal square looking for a cheap goal haunts you forever.

I don't think any player flourished as much as he did after Simmo arrived. Yes he was injury prone and etc but soon as Simmo moved him back, he not only started hitting consistency but also became one of our best defenders.

Debuted in round 7 of 2010 wearing #12 against Hawthorn at Subiaco (we won 102-94). He took over #5 for the 2012 season onwards.

Up to, and including 2014 (Simmo’s first year) he managed 59 games over 5 years. Since then he’s played 140 of a possible 142 games, unbelievably shitty luck that he missed those 2 games

Simpson found a role for him and he flourished in it. He’s been a fantastic player for us and hopefully he gets rewarded with a premiership medallion before he’s done.

I’m not sure what year it was - I think 2010 - but I met Shepp at a community football camp in Broome. Even then all the kids gravitated to Nicnat but Shepp spent a good 10 minutes or so doing kick to kick with my son. Was such a genuine person I always wanted him to do well. So glad that he has

Congratulations Shep and well done to the draft team for picking him over Kane Lucas.

Congratulations Shep. Another who I had serious doubts about but since Simpson has come in and given him the role down back has become not only an AA but has become one of, if not the best one on one defender in the game, can play tall and small, is hugely courageous and super reliable.

To say the loss of Beau Waters (my favourite player and whom my dog is named after) hit me hard is an understatement but to have shep step up and become at least as good as Beau's best, but much more reliable has been a true prize.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone made a comment on here on the day he was drafted that he looked like he was locked in at half back & play 200 game for us. Call looked a little iffy in the early days when we couldn’t get him on the park consistently for form or injury.

But in the end has proven to be very correct. He’s a gem, Shep. I really hope he gets the chance to call himself a premiership player by the time he hangs up the boots, but that would be icing on an excellent if unheralded career.

Great timing - Saints is a game we should obviously win that has had a variable thrown in - the variable meaning the sheer amount of pressure the media/Ratten/honest chatz has thrown on the team to come our firing on all cyclinders.

Shep's 200th hopefully gives our team a bit of rocket to come our firing on all cylinders from the beginning also.

Great timing - Saints is a game we should obviously win that has had a variable thrown in - the variable meaning the sheer amount of pressure the media/Ratten/honest chatz has thrown on the team to come our firing on all cyclinders.

Shep's 200th hopefully gives our team a bit of rocket to come our firing on all cylinders from the beginning also.

We're well known for our "fired up" milestone performances.

Super excited to be going to Shepps 200th with the family tomorrow, wouldn’t miss it for the world. Weather predicted to be cold and very wet.
Absolute legend, goes about his job every week and a huge part of this lineup we love so much. I hope he gets another shot at a Premiership Medal, * knows he deserves it.

F661B8A0-25FC-4D56-BD91-3391B08D5BFC.jpeg

B1230909-57AC-4956-8DAD-55DFA7BCB983.jpeg

Happy 200th Birthday Shepp, we love and appreciate you 💙💛💙💛💙

Get around him. Absolute champ

What does a bloke have to do to get the hype music highlights. Some of those come from behind / on the angle smothers and spoils. He really is a very pretty player, looks alright aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back