Toast Brad Sheppard - Appreciation Week

Hopefully Shep gets a run to develop, agree?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

German%20Shepherd%20on%20the%20Grass.jpg

I am a believer. By virtue of this thread and the MB thread Brad Sheppard's standing as a player has risen markedly.

No longer MB thread...Kylie moved it to the bay...

Seeing him speak in press conferences he speaks with a lot of confidence. He speak like a future captain?

If he can string a couple of good consistent seasons a future captain maybe?

I think the roast thread deserves a counter punching, all rebutting, toast thread. How Sheppard managed to be reasonable while most of his colleagues displayed all the attributes of a gnat is worthy of a levelling thread. Let this be it.

28 games in, and he was still better than most last night, sure he slipped over a few times. But did try to provide some run, much to the dismay of his mates who didn't really want to do much work.

This isn't a troll thread either - legitimate well wishers only.

Ive seen you post before about Brad, you seem like you know him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing him speak in press conferences he speaks with a lot of confidence. He speak like a future captain?

If he can string a couple of good consistent seasons a future captain maybe?
I think we'll probably see the return of the player coach with his abilities.

Also seem to recall he has a smoking sister and mum? Maybe a pic from when he was drafted had them both?

I think with where we are sitting on the ladder and the season pretty much done and dusted, Sheppard should be given a chance to prove himself in each of the remaining games. Im also positive he will start to shine towards the end of the season as his confidence will build

I think with where we are sitting on the ladder and the season pretty much done and dusted, Sheppard should be given a chance to prove himself in each of the remaining games. Im also positive he will start to shine towards the end of the season as his confidence will build

I say we should throw him in the ruck if Coxy needs a rest.

Are eagles picking their best team or developing youth and seeing whether their kids will be any good or not?

I know which one id be doing because 5-6 is well and truly open on the ladder and a home final (well maybe not this year but in years gone pass would usually weigh to the side of a win).

What id like to see as something Different is Matt Rosa as a true onballer, hes 191cm for heaven sake all the best onballers are that size, yeh he might need to pack on a few extra kg buts 85+ and he can do that in the off season - something different havnt seen it mentioned anywhere yet but he fits the modern onballer size.

If NN cant get first hands to it and put it in the reach of Rosa where not many others can reach who can either tap or quick handball into guys like S.Selwood, Shuey, Masten then i dont know what.

The reason ive come up with this idea in the sheppard thread is because apparently hes being groomed as a true midfielder - which will mean a wing IMO for the short term anyway and him and Gaff on wings is obviously the future, Roas needs to equip himself in a new role and i like the idea of him as a true onballer

Listening Woosh

Our current record suggests we still need to play to win, and that means picking the best team each week. Finals is still a very real reality.

I'm not sure about Rosa playing as a true inside mid, it's certainly not been mentioned on this board before. He's never played there - he may be the right size, but he's not 'crash and bash' enough to do it. That's not saying he's soft because he does go when it's his turn, but he has never done the 'grunt' work so to speak.

That's also ignoring the fact that he's a fantastic winger and runs all day.

Our current record suggests we still need to play to win, and that means picking the best team each week. Finals is still a very real reality.

I'm not sure about Rosa playing as a true inside mid, it's certainly not been mentioned on this board before. He's never played there - he may be the right size, but he's not 'crash and bash' enough to do it. That's not saying he's soft because he does go when it's his turn, but he has never done the 'grunt' work so to speak.

That's also ignoring the fact that he's a fantastic winger and runs all day.
So to be an onballer you need to be crash and bash

Pendles, Deledio, Heppell i can keep going, Wells, Mundy

Are eagles picking their best team or developing youth and seeing whether their kids will be any good or not?

I know which one id be doing because 5-6 is well and truly open on the ladder and a home final (well maybe not this year but in years gone pass would usually weigh to the side of a win).

What id like to see as something Different is Matt Rosa as a true onballer, hes 191cm for heaven sake all the best onballers are that size, yeh he might need to pack on a few extra kg buts 85+ and he can do that in the off season - something different havnt seen it mentioned anywhere yet but he fits the modern onballer size.

If NN cant get first hands to it and put it in the reach of Rosa where not many others can reach who can either tap or quick handball into guys like S.Selwood, Shuey, Masten then i dont know what.

The reason ive come up with this idea in the sheppard thread is because apparently hes being groomed as a true midfielder - which will mean a wing IMO for the short term anyway and him and Gaff on wings is obviously the future, Roas needs to equip himself in a new role and i like the idea of him as a true onballer

Listening Woosh

I like the idea of this and hope we do try.

Back