Toast Brad Sheppard - Appreciation Week

Hopefully Shep gets a run to develop, agree?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So to be an onballer you need to be crash and bash

Pendles, Deledio, Heppell i can keep going, Wells, Mundy

Almost as outside as they come...

Rosa is no Pendlebury. He does not have the skills of Pendles to supplement his game as a full-time mid.

Almost as outside as they come...

Rosa is no Pendlebury. He does not have the skills of Pendles to supplement his game as a full-time mid.
No one is Pendblebury, on one is Gazza no one is Buddy (except themselves).

Heppell and Deledio win alot of clearances, in fact Heppell s 2nd at the club only behind Watson, they both start onball or spend plenty of time starting in the square.

Last week Heppell had 6 clearances, 17 contested and 10 Uncontested possessions i can only bring him up because i follow him more as a dons fan

Anyway wrong thread for the discussion

Congratulations to Heppell.

I'm not rubbishing your idea, just merely stating that he's never played as a mid before. It will take some time to adapt to the role.

Brad Sheppard is our next Brownlow medallist anyway.

We don't have a heap of kids to play really if we were looking to go down that track. Traded our first pick last year for Wellingham, traded in Morton (injured) and of those we did draft one is on the comeback from injury in the WAFL ressies (Collage), Hutch was mature age and has played a few games, and not sure what Carter is up to.

But, also the previous year we upgraded Hams (playing this week), and drafter McInnes (a kpp) and Newman who is out with a knee atm. Year before that was Gaff, Darling and Lycett (ruck).

Also, those we have rookied are generally very speculative and coming back from injury such as Dick and Bennel who have had knee recos.

So we've boxed ourselves into playing for the win, which I don't mind really.

Wilson is getting his first go this week though but he's a medium defender..

Congratulations to Heppell.

I'm not rubbishing your idea, just merely stating that he's never played as a mid before. It will take some time to adapt to the role.

Brad Sheppard is our next Brownlow medallist anyway.
Will that be from CHB, FF, CHF, FB, Ruck or space?

brdshpprdsd246a.jpg

As good as I could find after a quick google. Sister on left I assume, looks a babe.

So to be an onballer you need to be crash and bash

Pendles, Deledio, Heppell i can keep going, Wells, Mundy

Pendles, Mundy and Heppell have elite hands.

Wells and Pendles have better pace, better hands.

Rosa could be a a temporary option, but he isn't going to get close to being as effective as those above.

All the best Shep!!!!

:)

From the MB thread about the second best player in the comp, posted by a Hawthorn supporter -

In respect of it being Brad Sheppard appreciation week I nominate him

He's definitely getting the recognition. Please, pleeassseeeeee play a blinder tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm taking a new approach, toasting will pump up the bloke's tyres.. (hey there Shep) and provide him with confidence to make the midfield his own.

Do we know for sure that players and coaches peruse this board or indeed post and contribute? How funny that would be. Gotta have thick skin if they do.

Do we know for sure that players and coaches peruse this board or indeed post and contribute? How funny that would be. Gotta have thick skin if they do.
I highly doubt the slightest * would be given even if they did ;)

Okay game, really strong third and fourth quarter (Tackle aside).

Should keep his spot, but I'm not sure how moving him around so much within a game is going to help his development.

Feel free to disagree with this. But I would really like to see Shep (and Blayne Wilson too) develop from those rebounding defenders into solid midfielders, in a similar way that David Mundy did. We have an abundance of rebounding defenders but not enough genuine mids who can really step up when the game is in the balance. Shep has good pace and is a good height but needs to put on some muscle and get his confidence up, but a few good games strung together could solve that one. Wilson slightly taller but I dare not discuss him further because this is Shep's thread. Anyway, hopefully he keeps up the form he's established over the first half of this year and develops into a good player regardless of the role.

Feel free to disagree with this. But I would really like to see Shep (and Blayne Wilson too) develop from those rebounding defenders into solid midfielders, in a similar way that David Mundy did. We have an abundance of rebounding defenders but not enough genuine mids who can really step up when the game is in the balance. Shep has good pace and is a good height but needs to put on some muscle and get his confidence up, but a few good games strung together could solve that one. Wilson slightly taller but I dare not discuss him further because this is Shep's thread. Anyway, hopefully he keeps up the form he's established over the first half of this year and develops into a good player regardless of the role.

Basically i'm sick of hearing "needs to put on more muscle", i've been saying it for years and it isn't happening.

Gaff and Sheppard will stay being soft and knocked off the ball until somebody gives them a major rocket.

Hey Brad

Back